- Court takes case about backyard visit by deputies Updated: Jul-05-15 4:05 am
CENTREVILLE, Michigan - The Michigan Supreme Court has agreed to decide whether deputies acted lawfully when they walked to the rear of a home without a warrant and learned there was marijuana growing inside.
- State loses appeal over lawsuit by guards at women's prison Updated: Jul-02-15 4:28 pm
PITTSFIELD TOWNSHIP, Michigan - The Michigan Supreme Court won't intervene in a lawsuit by dozens of male officers who say they've been illegally denied overtime and job assignments at the state's only prison for women.
- Court orders removal of Detroit judge due to mental illness Updated: Jul-02-15 7:37 am
DETROIT - The Michigan Supreme Court has ordered the removal of Detroit Judge Brenda Sanders due to mental illness.
- Michigan Supreme Court overturns murder conviction Updated: Jun-29-15 5:21 pm
BATTLE CREEK, Michigan - The Michigan Supreme Court unanimously overturned a murder conviction in the death of a 3-year-old girl, saying a defense lawyer didn't prepare for "battle" in a case that was dominated by opinions from experts.
- Sticky notes could end prosecution in medical marijuana case Updated: Jun-11-15 8:35 pm
HOLLY, Michigan - Sticky notes could save a woman from drug charges in Oakland County.