- Court upholds law requiring state workers to pay to pensions Updated: Jul-29-15 6:07 pm
LANSING, Michigan - The Michigan Supreme Court on Wednesday upheld a law requiring veteran state employees to contribute 4 percent of their pay to qualify for a full pension in retirement.
- Unions representing Michigan workers lose case over dues Updated: Jul-29-15 5:20 pm
DETROIT - Thousands of Michigan state employees can't be forced to pay labor unions for negotiating contracts and providing other services, the state Supreme Court said Wednesday.
- Court details rules for immunity in medical marijuana cases Updated: Jul-28-15 7:13 am
LANSING, Michigan - The Michigan Supreme Court says judges should follow a four-part test before trial to determine whether defendants in cases involving medical marijuana are immune from prosecution.
- Court: Wrong jury oath doesn't spoil murder convictions Updated: Jul-23-15 5:23 pm
DETROIT - The highly publicized murder convictions of a Detroit-area man were reinstated Thursday as the Michigan Supreme Court said a wrong oath given to jurors didn't affect the integrity of his trial.
- Chief justice says no quick way to sack Ann Arbor judge Updated: Jul-23-15 10:02 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Michigan's chief justice says there's no immediate way to remove an Ann Arbor judge who collects a salary despite being stripped of his courtroom duties.
- Court takes case about backyard visit by deputies Updated: Jul-05-15 4:05 am
CENTREVILLE, Michigan - The Michigan Supreme Court has agreed to decide whether deputies acted lawfully when they walked to the rear of a home without a warrant and learned there was marijuana growing inside.
- State loses appeal over lawsuit by guards at women's prison Updated: Jul-02-15 4:28 pm
PITTSFIELD TOWNSHIP, Michigan - The Michigan Supreme Court won't intervene in a lawsuit by dozens of male officers who say they've been illegally denied overtime and job assignments at the state's only prison for women.
- Court orders removal of Detroit judge due to mental illness Updated: Jul-02-15 7:37 am
DETROIT - The Michigan Supreme Court has ordered the removal of Detroit Judge Brenda Sanders due to mental illness.
- Michigan Supreme Court overturns murder conviction Updated: Jun-29-15 5:21 pm
BATTLE CREEK, Michigan - The Michigan Supreme Court unanimously overturned a murder conviction in the death of a 3-year-old girl, saying a defense lawyer didn't prepare for "battle" in a case that was dominated by opinions from experts.