- Georgia governor's vetoes on guns, faith bucked his GOP base Updated: May-04-16 4:47 pm
ATLANTA - When Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal recently vetoed bills allowing guns on college campuses and shielding religious people who deny people services based on their faith, he was directly bucking his fellow Republican lawmakers, who overwhelmingly supported the proposals, and possibly losing points with his conservative political base.
- Tennessee campus carry becomes law without Haslam signature Updated: May-02-16 7:03 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A bill allowing staff and faculty at Tennessee's public colleges and universities to be armed on campus became law Monday without the Republican governor's signature.
- NBA's Thunder among groups opposing 2 Oklahoma gun bills Updated: Apr-20-16 8:10 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Firearms bills to allow most Oklahoma adults to openly carry guns without any training or background checks have led to a showdown in Oklahoma between supporters of expanded gun rights and the state's business community, including the NBA's Oklahoma City Thunder.
- Democratic leaders criticize ad in Maryland Senate race Updated: Apr-14-16 7:10 pm
WASHINGTON - The Democratic leaders of the House and Senate on Thursday denounced an advertisement being run on behalf of one House Democrat against another in Maryland's hotly contested Senate primary.
- The Latest: White House asks PAC to pull ad in primary race Updated: Apr-13-16 8:13 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The Latest on the White House asking a political action committee that supports Maryland Rep. Donna Edwards' Senate bid to pull an advertisement on gun control. (all times local):
- Donald Trump returning to Kentucky for NRA forum in May Updated: Apr-13-16 6:59 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The National Rifle Association says Donald Trump will appear at the group's annual Leadership Forum next month in Louisville.