- The Latest: Barksdale wins Democratic Senate primary Updated: May-24-16 11:49 pm
ATLANTA - The Latest on Georgia's primary elections (all times local):
- Woman sentenced in crash that killed former Georgia lawmaker Updated: May-12-16 5:24 pm
APPLING, Georgia - A woman charged in a crash that killed a former Georgia lawmaker has been sentenced to serve two years on probation.
- Georgia governor's vetoes on guns, faith bucked his GOP base Updated: May-04-16 4:47 pm
ATLANTA - When Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal recently vetoed bills allowing guns on college campuses and shielding religious people who deny people services based on their faith, he was directly bucking his fellow Republican lawmakers, who overwhelmingly supported the proposals, and possibly losing points with his conservative political base.
- The Latest: Georgia vetoes bucked conservative GOP base Updated: May-04-16 4:42 pm
ATLANTA - The Latest on Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal's veto of a bill that would have allowed concealed handguns on college and universities (all times local):
- Deal signs legislation adding 2 Supreme Court members Updated: May-03-16 8:12 pm
ATLANTA - Georgia's Supreme Court will expand by two members, both appointed by Gov. Nathan Deal.
- Jimmy Carter's cancer treatment inspires new Georgia law Updated: May-03-16 4:16 pm
ATLANTA - Georgia's governor has signed a bill inspired by former President Jimmy Carter's cancer treatment.
- Deal highlights pay raises, new construction in state budget Updated: May-02-16 4:29 pm
ATLANTA - Thousands of state employees will receive pay raises under a state budget Gov. Nathan Deal is set to sign Tuesday.
- Deal considers measures as deadline looms Updated: Apr-30-16 11:41 am
ATLANTA - Several pieces of legislation continue to wait on the desk of Gov. Nathan Deal, as the May 3 deadline looms for Deal to sign, veto or opt to not take action on the measures.