- Russian MiG fighter crashes in southern Russia, pilot lives Updated: Jul-03-15 1:47 pm
MOSCOW - The Russian Defense Ministry says a Russian air force fighter jet has crashed in the south but its pilot ejected safely.
- NATO: Risk of return to heavy fighting in Ukraine Updated: Jun-25-15 2:59 pm
BRUSSELS - Russian President Vladimir Putin isn't finished using his military in eastern Ukraine, the top U.S. military commander for NATO said Thursday as the U.S. and its allies outlined additional support for Kiev, including aid in defusing roadside bombs.
- US general: Russian military presence in Ukraine irrefutable Updated: Jun-24-15 11:26 am
VIENNA - The commander of U.S. troops in Europe has dismissed claims by Russia that it is staying out of the Ukraine conflict, speaking of "clear and irrefutable evidence" to the contrary.
- US official: Russian bombers threaten commercial air safety Updated: Jun-19-15 12:11 pm
LONDON - Russia's increasingly aggressive military flights near European airspace pose a risk to commercial air safety in the region's crowded skies, the commander of the U.S. Air Force Global Strike Command said Friday.
- Russia to add 40 new intercontinental missiles this year Updated: Jun-16-15 6:55 pm
MOSCOW - Russia's military will add over 40 new intercontinental ballistic missiles this year alone that are capable of piercing any missile defenses, President Vladimir Putin said Tuesday in a blunt reminder of the nation's nuclear might amid tensions with the West over Ukraine.
- Russian soldier stabbed to death in Armenia Updated: Jun-15-15 7:13 am
YEREVAN, Armenia - A Russian soldier has been found stabbed to death near the Russian military base where he served in Armenia, in the second fatal incident involving a Russian soldier at the base this year.
- Russia steps up military modernization - but at what cost? Updated: Jun-12-15 6:01 am
NIZHNY TAGIL, Russia - It has a remote-controlled turret, it bristles with state-of-the-art defense systems and its computerized controls make driving it feel "like playing a video game." Russia's Armata tank, which its creator says can be turned into a fully robotic combat vehicle, is the crowning glory of a sweeping military modernization drive that is rumbling forward amid a perilous confrontation with the West over Ukraine.
- Russia's new Armata tank: step toward fully robotic vehicles Updated: Jun-12-15 2:28 am
NIZHNY TAGIL, Russia - Russia's new tank, the Armata, is expected to form the backbone of the nation's armed forces for years to come. Its designers say the new machine may evolve into a fully robotic vehicle that could operate autonomously on the battlefield. Here is a look at some of the key features of the new tank:
- Carter: US must boost military exercises to counter Russia Updated: Jun-05-15 5:38 pm
ABOARD A US MILITARY AIRCRAFT - The United States needs to increase the number of military exercises and training programs across Europe and strengthen NATO's intelligence sharing to better counter Russian aggression in the region, Defense Secretary Ash Carter said Friday after a lengthy, closed-door meeting in Germany with top American defense and diplomatic leaders.
- US might deploy missiles in Europe to counter Russia Updated: Jun-04-15 3:00 pm
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration is weighing a range of aggressive responses to Russia's alleged violation of a Cold War-era nuclear treaty, including deploying land-based missiles in Europe that could pre-emptively destroy the Russian weapons.