- Russia deplores US refusal to jointly fight Nusra in Syria Updated: May-27-16 9:51 am
MOSCOW - Washington's refusal to jointly fight al-Qaida's branch in Syria has contributed to an escalation of fighting in the war-torn country, Russia's Defense Ministry said Friday.
- The Latest: UN reports 'spike' in Iraqis fleeing to Syria Updated: May-27-16 9:01 am
BEIRUT - The Latest on the fighting in Syria (all times local):
- Russia: US military flight in Sea of Japan was a safety risk Updated: May-25-16 10:54 am
MOSCOW - Russia's Defense Ministry has spelled out why it believes a U.S. reconnaissance flight over the Sea of Japan was a safety risk, saying the plane risked colliding with civilian airliners.
- Russian military shows off its elite aerobatic flying teams Updated: May-21-16 12:17 pm
KUBINKA AIR BASE, Russia - The Russian military's elite aerobatic squadrons have marked their 25-year jubilee with an air show outside Moscow.
- Russia says it beefed up its military in southwest Updated: May-20-16 10:00 am
MOSCOW - Russia's defense minister says the military has strengthened its forces in southwestern Russia with long-range weapons to fend off emerging new threats.
- Russian military bus falls into ravine, killing 6 officers Updated: May-19-16 5:02 am
MOSCOW - Russia's military says a bus carrying Russian officers has fallen into a deep ravine, killing six of the officers and injuring the other 16 on board.
- Russian lawmakers back creation of national guard Updated: May-18-16 10:50 am
MOSCOW - Russian lawmakers on Wednesday gave tentative approval to forming a national guard, with some saying the Kremlin needs the new force as a tool against possible unrest.
- Moldova: 500 Russian soldiers stage military exercises Updated: May-13-16 7:11 am
CHISINAU, Moldova - Some 500 Russian soldiers and 100 military vehicles stationed in Moldova's breakaway republic are staging weeks of military exercises.
- Moldova slams Russian participation in Trans-Dniester parade Updated: May-10-16 3:01 pm
CHISINAU, Moldova - Moldova's government has voiced anger over the participation of Russian troops in a Victory Day parade in the Moldovan breakaway republic of Trans-Dniester.
- Poland charges Russian-born lawyer with spying for Moscow Updated: May-05-16 6:27 am
WARSAW, Poland - Poland has charged a Warsaw lawyer with dual Polish-Russian citizenship with spying for Russian military intelligence, a prosecutor said Thursday.
- Russia to boost troops levels along borders to counter NATO Updated: May-04-16 7:31 am
MOSCOW - Russia says it will form new military divisions to be stationed along the country's borders with Europe to counter a planned NATO buildup.
- Navy boss: Russian jets should stop buzzing US planes, ship Updated: May-02-16 2:08 pm
WASHINGTON - Russian jets buzzing a U.S. military ship and planes in the Baltics are escalating tension between the two nations, the chief of naval operations said Monday.