- Increased revenue has some lawmakers eyeing budget changes Updated: Jun-02-15 2:17 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona legislators are taking note of increased state revenue since the budget for the upcoming fiscal year was approved in March, with some saying the additional cash should be used to scale back some of the cuts that they made in funding for education and other popular services.
- Lawmaker wants testing for parents of drug-exposed babies Updated: May-28-15 11:02 pm
PHOENIX - An Arizona lawmaker on Thursday called for changes in state law to allow ongoing testing of parents whose babies are born exposed to drugs after a child who was returned to her parents died of apparent abuse.
- Arizona House Democrat to challenge McCain for Senate Updated: May-26-15 4:57 pm
WASHINGTON - Democratic Arizona Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick said Tuesday she will challenge Republican John McCain for his Senate seat next year, launching an uphill bid to unseat the five-term senator in the GOP-leaning state.
- Savings from Indiana energy-efficiency law could be small Updated: May-10-15 11:25 am
INDIANAPOLIS - A new law aimed at decreasing energy usage in Indiana might not save consumers money as advertised and could leave the state at risk of violating federal emissions rules, environmentalists say.
- Dems, GOP ready to act if Supreme Court axes House districts Updated: May-09-15 3:14 am
WASHINGTON - Vulnerable House incumbents are fattening their campaign accounts as the Supreme Court approaches a decision on a case that could force legislatures to reshape congressional districts in 13 states or more, perhaps in time for next year's elections.