- Lawmakers work on public safety pension system overhaul plan Updated: Nov-26-15 10:40 am
PHOENIX - A plan to overhaul the state's woefully underfunded pension plan for public safety workers is nearing completion after months of meetings between lawmakers, pension officials, firefighter and police unions and cities, towns and other public agencies that pay into the system.
- 3 Democrat women nominated to fill open Arizona House seat Updated: Nov-19-15 12:46 pm
PHOENIX - Democrats in Legislative District 26 have nominated an all-women slate of three candidates to fill the Arizona House seat vacated by recently appointed state Sen. Andrew Sherwood, a Tempe Democrat.
- House leader seeks quicker cut to insurance company taxes Updated: Nov-19-15 12:08 pm
PHOENIX - One of the top Republican leaders in the Arizona House wants to accelerate cuts to insurance company taxes that were included in a bill he sponsored in this spring's legislative session.
- Arizona GOP renews effort to reform redistricting process Updated: Nov-15-15 4:21 pm
PHOENIX - Some lawmakers are not giving up on reforming an independent commission tasked with shaping Arizona's congressional districts.
- Arizona panel directs cash for border fence to technology Updated: Nov-09-15 8:03 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona lawmakers who hoped to build miles of fencing along the border with Mexico using millions of dollars in private donations are instead directing the money to buy equipment for a border sheriff's office after the state received just a fraction of the donations needed.
- The Latest: House OKs school funding deal, sends to Senate Updated: Oct-30-15 1:16 am
PHOENIX - The latest on the plan to settle Arizona's school funding lawsuit (all times local):