- Georgia Tech opens season of high expectations vs. Alcorn St Updated: Aug-31-15 7:21 pm
ATLANTA - So much for being the scrappy underdog with the throwback running game.
- Fisher names Golson starting QB for No. 10 Florida State Updated: Aug-31-15 7:18 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - After playing coy for the past couple weeks, Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher ended the suspense on Monday of who will be his starting quarterback by announcing Everett Golson had earned the job.
- Hokies, Brewer prepping for rematch with No. 1 Ohio State Updated: Aug-31-15 5:36 pm
Quarterback Michael Brewer could hardly have made a bigger splash at Virginia Tech.
- Louisville's Petrino seeks strong follow-up to 9-4 debut Updated: Aug-31-15 5:18 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Bobby Petrino has some wins in hand entering his second season as Louisville's coach even before his Cardinals open Saturday against No. 6 Auburn in Atlanta.
- Grand jury indicts ex-football player in UNC agents case Updated: Aug-31-15 4:30 pm
HILLSBOROUGH, North Carolina - A grand jury has indicted a former college football player for violating North Carolina's sports agent law by providing money to a former Tar Heels player and illegally contacting another about signing a contract.
- Miami announces that RB Gus Edwards is out for season Updated: Aug-30-15 10:11 pm
CORAL GABLES, Florida - Miami has lost running back Gus Edwards for the season, an announcement that came Sunday night and with the Hurricanes less than a week removed from their opener.
- FSU's Aguayo on pace to be best kicker in college history Updated: Aug-30-15 2:09 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - There were countless treks into the woods, hours spent on golf courses and the every-morning ritual of hearing his father call him "Champ."
- No. 10 Florida State undecided on quarterback Updated: Aug-29-15 6:15 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher might know who his starting quarterback will be, but he isn't ready to make an announcement.
- Pitt back James Conner looking to become finished product Updated: Aug-29-15 4:44 pm
PITTSBURGH - The quote is saved on James Conner's phone, a permanent reminder of the stakes. He sees it whenever he logs in, meaning the running back's eyes glaze over it dozens of times a day. Its presence is comforting in a way, a mental security blanket just in case the Pittsburgh star begins to get ahead of himself.
- Louisville plans $55 million expansion of football stadium Updated: Aug-28-15 4:18 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Louisville plans a $55 million expansion that will make Cardinal Stadium the state's largest at 65,000 seats upon completion, the school announced Friday.
- Virginia's Mizzell gearing up for breakthrough season Updated: Aug-28-15 3:39 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Virginia running back Taquan Mizzell admits when the Cavaliers' coaches call for the first team offense to take the field at practice, he sometimes forgets that means him.
- Pick 6: Heisman hopefuls short on preseason hype Updated: Aug-28-15 11:12 am
Oregon quarterback Marcus Mariota broke a Heisman Trophy trend last season by winning the award after being considered the preseason favorite.
- Programs run into pitfalls with fining college players Updated: Aug-28-15 12:56 am
Take away game tickets for missing class. Hold back a bowl gift for being late. Maybe even dock a player his $15 per diem for skipping study hall.
- NC State RB Shadrach Thornton suspended for 1st 2 games Updated: Aug-27-15 11:15 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina State suspended rushing leader Shadrach Thornton for two games Thursday for a violation of athletic department rules.
- Duke's Pierre adjusting to switch from QB to RB Updated: Aug-27-15 6:03 pm
DURHAM, North Carolina - Nico Pierre might be Duke's quarterback of the future. Right now he's the Blue Devils' backup running back of the present.
- Mora: Freshman Josh Rosen will start at QB for No. 13 UCLA Updated: Aug-26-15 9:57 pm
LOS ANGELES - Freshman Josh Rosen will be No. 13 UCLA's starting quarterback in the season opener against Virginia.
- Virginia Tech AD squashes coach's idea of fining players Updated: Aug-26-15 9:05 pm
Virginia Tech athletic director Whit Babcock quickly responded to defensive coordinator Bud Foster's suggestion that coaches might fine players from their cost of attendance stipends by saying no such thing will happen.
- Florida State looks for more stops from revamped defense Updated: Aug-26-15 6:21 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida State 's bid to repeat as national champions last season was doomed in part by a defense that ranked among one of its worst in the school's 68-year football history.
- Duke cornerback Bryon Fields out for season with torn ACL Updated: Aug-26-15 2:45 pm
DURHAM, North Carolina - Duke cornerback Bryon Fields will miss the season with a torn knee ligament.
- South Carolina to start sophomore QB Connor Mitch in opener Updated: Aug-25-15 7:35 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Connor Mitch finally won the quarterback job at South Carolina, and Gamecocks coach Steve Spurrier said Tuesday the sophomore has a chance to keep it well beyond next week's season opener with North Carolina.
- Former Virginia Tech football coach Charlie Coffey dies Updated: Aug-25-15 4:55 pm
BLACKSBURG, Virginia - Charlie Coffey, who brought a potent passing attack to Virginia Tech during three seasons as the Hokies' coach in the early 1970s, has died at age 81.
- Clemson tackle DJ Reader leaving team for personal reasons Updated: Aug-25-15 3:48 pm
CLEMSON, South Carolina - Clemson defensive tackle D.J. Reader is leaving the team because of personal matters.
- Injuries already causing problems for plenty of Top 25 teams Updated: Aug-25-15 2:27 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee has no time to celebrate its first Top 25 appearance in three years.
- FSU running back returning to field after not guilty verdict Updated: Aug-25-15 5:31 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida State running back Dalvin Cook plans to head back to the field after a jury found him not guilty of punching a woman in the face outside a bar in June following a shouting match. The college immediately lifted his suspension after the verdict.
- The Latest: FSU player not guilty; suspension lifted Updated: Aug-24-15 10:16 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The latest in the trial of Florida State running back Dalvin Cook, accused of punching a woman in the face outside a bar (all times local):