- Paris Olympic bid leader: Roof at Roland Garros not crucial Updated: May-30-16 10:59 am
PARIS - While essential for the French Open, a roof over center court at Roland Garros is "not crucial" for Paris' bid to host the 2024 Olympics, the city's bid leader said Monday as heavy rain washed out play at the clay-court Grand Slam for the first time in 16 years.
- A wave of bad news batters Olympics past, present and future Updated: May-13-16 2:35 pm
LONDON - Doping scandals. Bribery allegations. Fears about Zika. Political, economic and corruption crises.
- Japan's Olympics minister says Tokyo's 2020 bid was clean Updated: May-13-16 3:52 am
TOKYO - Japan's Olympics Minister believes Tokyo's bid to host the 2020 Olympics was fair, despite fresh allegations of bribery.
- IOC in contact with prosecutors amid Tokyo payment report Updated: May-11-16 1:52 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The IOC said Wednesday it remains in contact with French prosecutors following allegations of a secret $1.5 million payment made during Tokyo's winning bid for the 2020 Olympics.
- Havelange turns 100 in Rio; plans to attend Olympics Updated: May-06-16 11:19 am
RIO DE JANEIRO - Joao Havelange delivered an impassioned speech seven years ago in French, urging fellow International Olympic Committee members to choose Rio de Janeiro for the 2016 Olympics.
- Quade Cooper won't be part of Australia's 7s Olympic team Updated: May-05-16 6:35 am
SYDNEY - France-based flyhalf Quade Cooper won't play for Australia's sevens team at the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro after being dropped by coach Andy Friend.
- UCI to test thousands of race bicycles for hidden motors Updated: May-03-16 1:35 pm
AIGLE, Switzerland - The International Cycling Union plans to test thousands of bicycles for hidden motors, including at the Tour de France and Rio de Janeiro Olympics.