- Harvey falters again, Mets get 1 hit in 3-0 loss to Braves Updated: May-04-16 12:38 am
NEW YORK - Matt Harvey can't seem to find that groove this season. The smooth delivery, those overpowering pitches.
- Wisler wipes out Mets as Braves beat scuffling Harvey 3-0 Updated: May-03-16 11:52 pm
NEW YORK - Matched up against Matt Harvey and a streaking Mets team, Matt Wisler was the one in complete command on the mound.
- Foltynewicz roughed up in return, Braves fall to Mets 4-1 Updated: May-02-16 11:11 pm
NEW YORK - To even get back on a major league mound, Mike Foltynewicz made quite a comeback.
- Bumgarner stops Mets' win streak at 8 with 6-1 victory Updated: May-01-16 8:35 pm
NEW YORK - When Madison Bumgarner pitches at Citi Field, he gets World Series-type results.
- Cain's winless streak reaches 12, Giants lose to Mets 6-5 Updated: Apr-30-16 9:11 pm
NEW YORK - By the time Matt Cain found his rhythm, it was too late.
- Mets set record with 12-run inning; Cespedes drives in 6 Updated: Apr-29-16 9:38 pm
NEW YORK - Yoenis Cespedes and the New York Mets broke a franchise record by scoring 12 runs in one inning Friday night.
- Cespedes returns from bruised thigh, back in Mets' lineup Updated: Apr-29-16 6:49 pm
NEW YORK - Yoenis Cespedes is back in the New York Mets' lineup after missing five starts with a bruised right thigh.
- Windy City Surge: Cubs, White Sox have MLB's best records Updated: Apr-28-16 2:51 am
CHICAGO - Robin Ventura remembers the excitement in New York when the Mets and Yankees faced off in the World Series, and he can imagine what it would be like in Chicago if both teams made it.
- Walker's 9th HR helps Mets beat Reds 5-2 to win 6th straight Updated: Apr-28-16 12:15 am
NEW YORK - The New York Mets let Daniel Murphy go in free agency this offseason after his power surge last fall propelled them to the World Series.
- Mets put catcher d'Arnaud on DL with strained rotator cuff Updated: Apr-26-16 6:01 pm
NEW YORK - Mets catcher Travis d'Arnaud has been placed on the disabled list for the fifth straight season.
- Reds' Phillips extends hit streak, then hit by pitch, exits Updated: Apr-25-16 9:05 pm
NEW YORK - Cincinnati Reds second baseman Brandon Phillips has been hit in the finger by a pitch from Mets ace Noah Syndergaard and forced to exit the game Monday night.
- Right at home: Reds' Phillips has 33-game hit streak at Mets Updated: Apr-25-16 7:59 pm
NEW YORK - Cincinnati Reds star Brandon Phillips once again was a hit in New York.
- Reds RF Bruce put on paternity list, RHP Somsen promoted Updated: Apr-25-16 6:39 pm
NEW YORK - The Cincinnati Reds have put right fielder Jay Bruce on the three-day paternity list and called up right-hander reliever Layne Somsen from Triple-A Louisville.
- DeGrom makes successful return, Mets sweep Braves Updated: Apr-24-16 6:16 pm
ATLANTA - Back on the mound, Jacob deGrom was back in control.
- DeGrom returns to Mets after infant son's health scare Updated: Apr-23-16 6:19 pm
ATLANTA - Jacob deGrom returned to the New York Mets on Saturday and says all is well with his infant son, Jaxon, following a scare the pitcher revealed was a breathing problem.
- Gibson replaces injured Kellogg on Mets-Braves umpire crew Updated: Apr-23-16 3:41 pm
- Bourjos' infield single in 11th lifts Phillies over Mets 5-4 Updated: Apr-20-16 11:54 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Peter Bourjos found a perfect spot in the lineup - ninth behind the pitcher.
- Mets righty deGrom on schedule to start Sunday vs Braves Updated: Apr-19-16 8:30 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Mets right-hander Jacob deGrom threw 71 pitches in a simulated game in Florida and is on schedule to start Sunday at Atlanta
- Matz strikes out career-high 9 as Mets beat Indians 6-0 Updated: Apr-17-16 5:52 pm
CLEVELAND - Steven Matz made his first regular-season loss seem like a distant memory.
- Harvey loses third straight start, Mets fall 7-5 to Indians Updated: Apr-16-16 9:18 pm
CLEVELAND - Matt Harvey insists he isn't hurt, nor is he mentally fatigued from the New York Mets' long playoff run last season.
- Vince Velasquez strikes out 16, Phillies beat Padres 3-0 Updated: Apr-14-16 4:42 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Call him Vinny the K.
- 8 games in, Collins said Mets 'had to win' against Marlins Updated: Apr-13-16 7:59 pm
NEW YORK - Ahead by two runs, Mets manager Terry Collins brought in Jeurys Familia for the third straight day.
- Phillies beat Mets 5-2 behind Hellickson to take 2 of 3 Updated: Apr-10-16 5:52 pm
- Bruce hits winning triple in 9th, Reds edge Pirates Updated: Apr-10-16 5:32 pm
CINCINNATI - Jay Bruce came up big by thinking small.
- Major leaguers trying to figure out proper slide into 2nd Updated: Apr-09-16 6:01 pm
Something that used to be second nature in baseball - sliding hard into second base to prevent a double play - is deciding games and giving major leaguers fits a week into the season. From the AL to the NL, runners making that 90-foot dash are wondering: What's acceptable anymore?