- Woeful bats blanked again, Mets lose 2-0 to Cubs in 11 Updated: Jul-02-15 1:32 am
NEW YORK - Terry Collins is trying almost anything these days in a desperate attempt to help the New York Mets push across a run.
- Cubs score 2 in 11th and blank slumping Mets again, 2-0 Updated: Jul-02-15 12:47 am
- Mets LF Michael Cuddyer day to day with sore knee, but no DL Updated: Jul-01-15 7:38 pm
NEW YORK - Mets outfielder Michael Cuddyer has been given two shots to relieve discomfort in his left knee but expects to avoid the disabled list.
- Mets activate Daniel Murphy from DL Updated: Jun-30-15 7:21 pm
NEW YORK - The New York Mets activated infielder Daniel Murphy from the 15-day disabled list Tuesday night and put him in the cleanup spot, hoping he will bring a much-needed jolt to an offense that has had major difficulties scoring runs.
- Cubs lose 4-1 as Cardinals complete sweep Updated: Jun-29-15 2:24 am
ST. LOUIS - Pitching has not been the problem with the Chicago Cubs. It's the bats that have gone cold.
- Martinez paces Cardinals to 4-1 win, sweep of Cubs Updated: Jun-29-15 2:05 am
ST. LOUIS - Every five or 10 minutes while the game was on hold, Carlos Martinez went to the indoor batting cage to stay loose.
- Reds no match for Matz as Mets win 7-2 for 3-game sweep Updated: Jun-28-15 10:42 pm
NEW YORK - Not only did the Cincinnati Reds have to face three of the Mets' top young starters this weekend, they got beat at the plate by one of them, too.
- Matz has record day at plate in debut, Mets beat Reds 7-2 Updated: Jun-28-15 9:51 pm
NEW YORK - Steven Matz's giddy grandfather popped out of his seat at Citi Field and shouted with unabashed glee. Boy, did he have plenty to cheer about.
- Mets, Matz moving to 6-man rotation for 'foreseeable future' Updated: Jun-26-15 7:18 pm
NEW YORK - Highly touted Steven Matz is set to join the New York Mets this weekend as part of their plan to return to a six-man rotation for the "foreseeable future."
- Reds outlast Pirates 5-4 in 13 innings on Phillips' homer Updated: Jun-26-15 1:50 am
PITTSBURGH - Guess Brandon Phillips' thumb is OK.
- Brewers, Jungmann shut down by deGrom in 2-0 loss to Mets Updated: Jun-25-15 8:33 pm
MILWAUKEE - Taylor Jungmann was locked in a scoreless battle Jacob deGrom for five innings. But the Milwaukee Brewers' bullpen couldn't keep the New York Mets off the scoreboard and Jungmann had to settle for a pat on the back from his manager.
- DeGrom leads Mets over Brewers 2-0 to stop 7-game skid Updated: Jun-25-15 8:18 pm
MILWAUKEE - Jacob deGrom sent the New York Mets home with a rare road win.
- Ex-MLB player Darryl Hamilton remembered by Mets, Brewers Updated: Jun-23-15 8:35 pm
- Travis d'Arnaud back on DL for Mets with left elbow injury Updated: Jun-23-15 7:12 pm
MILWAUKEE - The injury-plagued New York Mets must absorb another blow to their roster after starting catcher Travis d'Arnaud was placed on the 15-day disabled list with a left elbow injury.
- Ex-MLB player Darryl Hamilton slain in murder-suicide Updated: Jun-22-15 5:06 pm
PEARLAND, Texas - Darryl Hamilton, a standout center fielder and a member of the New York Mets team that reached the 2000 World Series, was killed in a murder-suicide in a suburban Houston home, authorities said Monday.
- Blackmon, Tulowitzki lead Rockies past Brewers 10-4 Updated: Jun-21-15 9:11 pm
DENVER - The Colorado Rockies' offense is beginning to catch up to Troy Tulowitzki's hot bat.
- Teheran shines as Braves shut out Harvey, Mets 1-0 Updated: Jun-21-15 8:47 pm
ATLANTA - It wasn't an easy decision to order a pinch-hitter for Julio Teheran after the right-hander allowed only one hit in seven scoreless innings.
- Mets C Travis d'Arnaud leaves game with left elbow injury Updated: Jun-20-15 10:11 pm
- Yanks honor Randolph, surprise Stottlemyre on Old-Timers Day Updated: Jun-20-15 9:41 pm
NEW YORK - Willie Randolph was overjoyed. Mel Stottlemyre was simply stunned.
- Collins says Mets look sluggish in 7-1 loss to Blue Jays Updated: Jun-18-15 11:09 pm
- Dickey gets win over former team, Blue Jays beat Mets 7-1 Updated: Jun-18-15 11:08 pm
TORONTO - Youth was served in a battle of aging pitchers, giving R.A. Dickey his first victory in five starts.
- Publisher and ex-NY Mets owner, Nelson Doubleday Jr. dies Updated: Jun-18-15 12:09 am
NEW YORK - Nelson Doubleday Jr., the publishing scion who bought the New York Mets and shepherded the team to a 1986 World Series title, has died. He was 81.
- Harvey, Parnell pitch Mets to 3-2 win over Blue Jays Updated: Jun-17-15 12:53 am
NEW YORK - A pair of pitchers back from Tommy John surgery gave this New York Mets win a 2013 feel.
- Pillar's gaffe on bases costs Blue Jays in 3-2 loss to Mets Updated: Jun-17-15 12:23 am
NEW YORK - Matt Harvey was gone and the Toronto Blue Jays were building a rally against the New York Mets' short-handed bullpen when Kevin Pillar ran right into an easy out in the eighth inning.
- Plate umpire Foster hit in mask, exits Blue Jays-Mets game Updated: Jun-15-15 8:26 pm