- Pick 6: Heisman hopefuls short on preseason hype Updated: Aug-28-15 11:12 am
Oregon quarterback Marcus Mariota broke a Heisman Trophy trend last season by winning the award after being considered the preseason favorite.
- Programs run into pitfalls with fining college players Updated: Aug-28-15 12:56 am
Take away game tickets for missing class. Hold back a bowl gift for being late. Maybe even dock a player his $15 per diem for skipping study hall.
- East Carolina: Starting QB suffers season-ending knee injury Updated: Aug-26-15 2:17 pm
GREENVILLE, North Carolina - East Carolina says quarterback Kurt Benkert will miss the season with a knee injury that comes a week after the sophomore was named the starter.
- Navy joins AAC, adding another goal to go with beating Army Updated: Aug-24-15 5:12 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Navy quarterback Keenan Reynolds would rather talk about team goals than individual accomplishments as he prepares to close out a record-setting career.
- Coach Taggart: South Florida poised to take step forward Updated: Aug-21-15 5:37 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Willie Taggart says he isn't concerned about running out of time to "get it right" at South Florida.
- After 3-year run, season of change arrives for East Carolina Updated: Aug-21-15 10:11 am
GREENVILLE, North Carolina - East Carolina has beaten power-conference teams, put up big offensive numbers and even popped into the national rankings during an impressive three-year run. Now the Pirates must prove they have some staying power.
- Tulane aims to rebound from season of change, disappointment Updated: Aug-21-15 9:54 am
NEW ORLEANS - Tulane coach Curtis Johnson is eager to see what his relatively young squad has gained from a year defined by change.
- UConn expecting to be better in Diaco's second year Updated: Aug-20-15 4:49 pm
STORRS, Connecticut - UConn coach Bob Diaco has different expectations for the upcoming season than those who picked his Huskies to finish at the bottom of the American Athletic Conference in the league's annual media poll.
- Memphis Tigers try to follow up 10-win season with Lynch Updated: Aug-20-15 12:27 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - The Memphis Tigers are doing their best to put the past behind them, even while dealing with a new level of excitement and optimism.
- Memphis expands fundraising for football, basketball project Updated: Aug-19-15 4:11 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Memphis athletic director Tom Bowen says the university has raised $24 million of the $40 million needed in the Tigers' push to build a new indoor football practice facility and a renovated basketball complex.
- Kiel settles in for Cincinnati team picked to win AAC Updated: Aug-18-15 3:36 pm
CINCINNATI - The second-string offense was running a play during camp, and quarterback Gunner Kiel was pacing behind the group, helmet in hand, yelling advice as everyone lined up. A year ago, he would have been the one getting instructions.
- After being cleared off rape charges, Temple DE finds peace Updated: Aug-14-15 4:14 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The headlines that blare when a famous athlete is accused of a heinous crime make Praise Martin-Oguike cautiously recoil.
- AAC adds Navy, conference championship game in 2015 Updated: Aug-13-15 1:15 pm
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - Cincinnati coach Tommy Tuberville isn't fond of the divide that has the American Athletic Conference on the outside of the five power conferences in college football.
- Montgomery brings new offensive philosophy to Tulsa Updated: Aug-11-15 6:51 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - First-year coach Philip Montgomery has brought his offensive philosophy from Baylor to Tulsa, and already, changes are evident for the Golden Hurricane.
- Houston, Citadel more comfortable together as season starts Updated: Aug-11-15 2:35 pm
SPARTANBURG, South Carolina - Citadel coach Mike Houston has a much better feel for what his players go through each school day, along with a better handle of what they can accomplish on the football field as he starts his second season at the military college.
- Archer leaves Denmark, becomes American football star Updated: Aug-08-15 7:33 pm
STORRS, Connecticut - His teammates call him Thor and UConn is counting on junior Andreas Knappe to be a hammer on the offensive line this season.
- East Carolina's offense opens training camp in transition Updated: Aug-08-15 4:26 pm
GREENVILLE, North Carolina - For the past two seasons, East Carolina coach Ruffin McNeill had the comfort of knowing Shane Carden was at quarterback, Justin Hardy was at receiver and Lincoln Riley was calling the offense.
- Odom rides Memphis success back to alma mater Updated: Aug-07-15 4:33 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Barry Odom has returned to familiar surroundings, and he's happy to be back.
- East Carolina adds ex-Gophers QB Philip Nelson as walk-on Updated: Aug-06-15 10:56 pm
GREENVILLE, North Carolina - East Carolina has added former Minnesota quarterback Philip Nelson as a walk-on.
- AAC striving to turn Power 5 into Power 6 Updated: Aug-04-15 3:42 pm
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - The American Athletic Conference is not one of the nation's power conferences.