- Leonard Fournette shares 4th straight LSWA honor Updated: Oct-06-15 9:37 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Leonard Fournette of LSU was able to win the offensive player of the week honor from the Louisiana Sports Writers Association for the fourth straight week, but this time there was a slight catch.
- BYU overcomes 3 turnovers to beat UConn 30-13 Updated: Oct-03-15 1:51 am
PROVO, Utah - Tanner Mangum was 35 of 53 for 365 yards and connected with Mitch Mathews for two fourth-quarter touchdowns to help BYU beat UConn 30-13 on Friday night.
- Memphis remains unbeaten, extends winning streak to 12 Updated: Oct-02-15 11:40 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Unbeaten Memphis is off to its best start in 54 years and eager to find out how it stacks up against one of the nation's top teams.
- Temple beats Charlotte 37-3 for first 4-0 start since 1974 Updated: Oct-02-15 10:59 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Jahad Thomas ran for 109 yards and two touchdowns to help Temple beat Charlotte 37-3 in the rain on Friday night for the Owls' first 4-0 start since 1974.
- Commander-In-Chief's Trophy on line in Air Force vs Navy Updated: Oct-02-15 1:10 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Before the college football season began, Navy quarterback Keenan Reynolds said one of the main goals of the senior class was to "get the Commander-in-Chief's Trophy back where it belongs."
- Miami wastes chances, falls at Cincinnati 34-23 Updated: Oct-02-15 12:17 am
CINCINNATI - Miami couldn't take advantage of a redshirt freshman making his first start.
- Moore throws for 2 TDs, Cincinnati beats Miami 34-23 Updated: Oct-02-15 12:06 am
CINCINNATI - Two quick touchdowns settled Hayden Moore's nerves.
- No. 15 Oklahoma has depth at receiver as Big 12 play begins Updated: Oct-01-15 2:58 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Last year, Oklahoma's passing game was stagnant when Sterling Shepard wasn't involved.
- Freshman QB Hayden Moore starts for Cincinnati vs Miami Updated: Sep-29-15 9:09 pm
CINCINNATI - Redshirt freshman quarterback Hayden Moore will make his first career start Thursday night against Miami, filling in while Gunner Kiel recovers from his latest injury.
- Memphis' Tate facing charges on outstanding warrants Updated: Sep-28-15 7:23 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - A traffic stop involving Memphis offensive lineman Trevon Tate has revealed outstanding warrants in his name.
- Hokies seek remedies before Pitt arrives to begin ACC slate Updated: Sep-28-15 5:15 pm
The good news for Virginia Tech after its mistake-filled loss to East Carolina is that the Hokies still have time to get things right.
- Berrios back for unbeaten Hurricanes after knee scare Updated: Sep-28-15 2:40 am
CORAL GABLES, Florida - Off the field, Miami quarterback Brad Kaaya and receiver Braxton Berrios are often inseparable.
- Storm put football in perspective for UConn's Fatukasi Updated: Sep-27-15 11:51 am
STORRS, Connecticut - UConn defensive lineman Foley Fatukasi understands better than most when his coach preaches about the power of working as a family to overcome adversity.
- Ward leads Houston past Texas State 59-14 Updated: Sep-26-15 11:48 pm
HOUSTON - Greg Ward Jr. accounted for six touchdowns - four passing and two running - and Houston overwhelmed Texas State 59-14 Saturday night.
- Summers helps East Carolina beat Virginia Tech 35-28 Updated: Sep-26-15 9:23 pm
GREENVILLE, North Carolina - For once, Virginia Tech had no way to stop East Carolina from running the football.
- Summers helps East Carolina beat Virginia Tech 35-28 Updated: Sep-26-15 9:03 pm
GREENVILLE, North Carolina - James Summers spun off one tackler, shoved another one - a defensive lineman, no less - straight into the grass and raced to the end zone for a long touchdown that had East Carolina's rain-soaked fans roaring in delight.
- Reynolds leads undefeated Navy past UConn, 28-18 Updated: Sep-26-15 5:12 pm
EAST HARTFORD, Connecticut - Navy quarterback Keenan Reynolds keeps moving up the record books and the Midshipmen keep winning.
- Tulane athletic director Dickson to retire in May Updated: Sep-25-15 5:30 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Tulane athletic director Rick Dickson, who led the effort to bring football Saturday's back to campus from the Superdome, says he will retire next May.
- Memphis beats Cincinnati 53-46 on late touchdown Updated: Sep-25-15 1:15 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Sam Craft scored a 3-yard run with 53 seconds left to lift Memphis past Cincinnati 53-46 on Thursday night in a game marred by an injury to Bearcats starting quarterback Gunner Kiel.
- Cincinnati quarterback Gunner Kiel injured on high hit Updated: Sep-24-15 10:07 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Cincinnati quarterback Gunner Kiel was injured on a high hit in the first quarter of the Bearcats' game against Memphis on Thursday night.
- Big 12 reprimands Baylor coach who was on Oklahoma sideline Updated: Sep-24-15 12:54 pm
IRVING, Texas - The Big 12 Conference issued a public reprimand Thursday against the Baylor assistant coach who was on the sideline during an Oklahoma home game.
- Kemp off to good start in unexpected role as Pirates' top QB Updated: Sep-23-15 3:36 pm
GREENVILLE, North Carolina - Blake Kemp hasn't exactly had a straight path to become East Carolina's starting quarterback.
- The Baylor Effect: Spread energizes Bowling Green, Tulsa Updated: Sep-22-15 4:53 pm
Baylor's spread offense is spreading and making opposing defenses sick.
- Maryland to bring improved passing game to West Virginia Updated: Sep-22-15 2:33 pm
COLLEGE PARK, Maryland - Maryland made a switch at quarterback last week in large part to invigorate a lagging passing attack.
- No. 15 Oklahoma thriving with Riley's Air Raid Updated: Sep-21-15 6:15 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Oklahoma is just scratching the surface of what new offensive coordinator Lincoln Riley's Air Raid offense can do, and the Sooners already are breaking school records and topping national leaderboards.