- AP NewsBreak: AP sources say Bradley is Walker's pick Updated: Oct-09-15 10:12 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker plans to appoint conservative-backed appellate judge Rebecca Bradley to the Wisconsin Supreme Court on Friday, giving her an advantage of incumbency heading into the spring election, two people with knowledge of the pick told The Associated Press on Friday.
- High court to hear former DOJ detective's whistleblower case Updated: Oct-02-15 5:04 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin Supreme Court will hear oral arguments next week in a former state Justice Department investigator's whistleblower case.
- Walker sends signals he may appoint Bradley to Supreme Court Updated: Sep-29-15 5:29 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker is sending signals that he may appoint state Appeals Court Judge Rebecca Bradley to a vacancy on the Wisconsin Supreme Court.
- Inmate challenges use of risk-assessment tool in sentencing Updated: Sep-24-15 11:39 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin Supreme Court could decide whether judges are violating the rights of criminal defendants by using a sentencing software program that assesses their potential risk to reoffend.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court holds moment of silence for Crooks Updated: Sep-22-15 11:04 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin Supreme Court has held a moment of silence for Justice Patrick Crooks who died in his chambers at the Capitol on Monday afternoon.
- Supreme Court Justice Crooks, 77, dies in chambers Updated: Sep-21-15 6:51 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice Patrick Crooks, a stoic and neutral presence on a bitterly divided high court, died Monday in the state Capitol. He was 77.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court considers open records case Updated: Sep-19-15 4:06 pm
MILWAUKEE - The Wisconsin Supreme Court is considering whether some common public records like traffic accident reports and tickets should be off-limits to journalists in a case that could affect the state's long-standing open records law.
- Court reinstates license for lawyer in Blagojevich scandal Updated: Sep-18-15 10:34 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - One of former Gov. Tommy Thompson's aides who was convicted of corruption in Illinois has his Wisconsin law license back.
- Rebecca Bradley kicks off Wisconsin Supreme Court campaign Updated: Sep-17-15 7:25 pm
MILWAUKEE - State appeals court Judge Rebecca Bradley kicked off her campaign for an open Wisconsin Supreme Court seat on Thursday in downtown Milwaukee with an event featuring endorsements from several Republican law enforcement officials.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court justice won't seek third term Updated: Sep-16-15 6:00 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice Patrick Crooks said Wednesday that he won't seek a third 10-year term, choosing to end his nearly 39-year career as a judge.