- Royals pay tribute to 2 firefighters killed in KC blaze Updated: Oct-13-15 5:18 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Royals honored two firefighters who were killed fighting a massive blaze that engulfed an apartment building.
- Correa error costly, Astros fall to KC 9-6, ALDS tied at 2 Updated: Oct-12-15 7:10 pm
HOUSTON - Carlos Correa did so many things right for the Houston Astros on Monday.
- Royals rally on Correa's error, beat Astros 9-6 to even ALDS Updated: Oct-12-15 6:49 pm
HOUSTON - Almost out of time and out of the playoffs, the Kansas City Royals realized they needed more than a big home run.
- Astros take 2-1 series lead over Royals with 4-2 win Updated: Oct-11-15 10:00 pm
HOUSTON - The Kansas City Royals were the darlings of last year's postseason, making an unlikely run to the World Series.
- LEADING OFF: Both ALDS in Texas; Keuchel up for Astros Updated: Oct-11-15 2:39 am
A look at what's happening around the major leagues today:
- Road to playoffs can be long, brutal grind - or rapid ride Updated: Oct-10-15 12:19 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Alex Rios bounced through four organizations and played nearly 1,700 games before he finally appeared in a postseason game with the Kansas City Royals on Thursday night.
- Royals rally, beat Astros 5-4 to even ALDS at 1 game each Updated: Oct-09-15 7:39 pm
- A look at each potential World Series matchup Updated: Oct-09-15 2:31 am
With four teams remaining in each league, there are 16 possible matchups for the World Series. We could wait and see who makes it, but what fun is that?
- Kazmir, Cueto acquired at deadline for postseason pushes Updated: Oct-08-15 5:59 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Astros swung a deal for Scott Kazmir in July with October baseball in mind.
- Thieves steal Royals trainer's '85 World Series ring Updated: Oct-08-15 9:48 am
- Royals, Astros both have penchant for playing at home Updated: Oct-08-15 3:38 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Astros slugger George Springer attributes the trouble his team had on the road all season to the color of their jerseys, gray and drab, which might seem preposterous except for one thing: His manager, A.J. Hinch, offered up with the exact same reason.
- Keuchel sharp, Astros beat Yankees 3-0 in AL wild-card game Updated: Oct-07-15 1:08 am
NEW YORK - A year ago, no one could've pictured this. Yet here they were, Dallas Keuchel and the Houston Astros, soaking in champagne, merrily posing for a victory shot on the mound at Yankee Stadium.
- Royals to give Ventura start in Game 1 of ALDS Updated: Oct-06-15 3:06 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Royals will start hard-throwing youngster Yordano Ventura in Game 1 of the AL Division Series, regardless of whether Kansas City plays the Yankees or Astros on Thursday night.
- Royals head into postseason with newfound expectations Updated: Oct-06-15 2:59 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Royals were just happy to be invited to the party last year, ending a 29-year postseason drought before squeaking through a dramatic wild-card game against the Athletics.
- Royals back in playoffs with stingy, rebuilt bullpen Updated: Oct-05-15 2:20 pm
- Chris Young pitches Royals past Twins 3-1 Updated: Oct-03-15 1:34 am
MINNEAPOLIS - After watching Chris Young strike out the side in the sixth inning, Kansas City Royals manager Ned Yost approached his starter in the dugout to tell him he was nearing his pitch limit.
- Royals put big dent in Twins' wild-card bid with 3-1 win Updated: Oct-03-15 1:34 am
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Twins clubhouse, clouded so often this season by fog machines for the post-victory dance parties, was crystal clear and eerily quiet following the 160th game on the schedule.
- Correction: Royals-Guthrie-Oregon School Shooting story Updated: Oct-02-15 9:10 pm
CHICAGO - In a story Oct. 1 about Jeremy Guthrie reacting to the mass shooting in Oregon, The Associated Press misidentified Guthrie as a left-hander. He is a right-hander.
- Abreu passes 100 RBIs in White Sox's 6-4 loss to Royals Updated: Oct-02-15 12:57 am
CHICAGO - Jose Abreu is in the company of Albert Pujols, and that is a very meaningful club for the White Sox slugger to have joined.
- Gomes helps Royals beat White Sox 6-4 Updated: Oct-02-15 12:36 am
CHICAGO - Kansas City Royals manager Ned Yost was sitting in his office in the visiting clubhouse when White Sox broadcaster Ken Harrelson walked in and offered him a lucky gold coin.
- Royals' Morales leaves with left quad tightness Updated: Oct-01-15 10:15 pm
CHICAGO - Kansas City designated hitter Kendrys Morales has left the Royals' game at the Chicago White Sox with tightness in his left quadriceps.
- Royals' Cain exits with bruised knee, day to day Updated: Sep-30-15 10:37 pm
CHICAGO - Royals center fielder Lorenzo Cain exited Wednesday night's game against the Chicago White Sox and is day to day for playoff-bound Kansas City with a bruised right knee after fouling a pitch off himself.
- Royals offense can't support pitching in 1-0 loss to Cubs Updated: Sep-29-15 12:33 am
CHICAGO - Yordano Ventura has been nearly unbeatable over the past two months. But even what may have been his best outing of the season wasn't enough for the Kansas City Royals on Monday night.
- Denorfia's HR in 11th gives Cubs 1-0 win over Royals Updated: Sep-29-15 12:28 am
CHICAGO - Chris Denorfia is a senior citizen in a clubhouse filled with youngsters. The veteran felt like one of the kids Monday night.
- Royals' Young goes 5 no-hit innings day after father's death Updated: Sep-27-15 6:55 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A day after his father died, Chris Young took the mound and paid tribute the best way he knew how.