- Santana returns from suspension as Twins fall to Royals 3-2 Updated: Jul-05-15 5:53 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Maybe it was the joy in being back on the mound after serving an 80-game suspension. Maybe it was the fact that Ervin Santana was facing his former team. Maybe it was simply that he was making them foolish.
- Royals salvage split with Twins with 3-2 victory Updated: Jul-05-15 5:41 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Royals manager Ned Yost treats just about every game the same, especially in July, because the reality is that they all count the same at the end of the season.
- Blanton has rough 1st inning as Royals lose to Twins, 5-3 Updated: Jul-05-15 12:45 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Joe Blanton had a bad first inning and that was enough to doom the Kansas City Royals
- Royals' Hosmer back in lineup after ring finger sprain Updated: Jul-02-15 7:23 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Royals first baseman Eric Hosmer was back in the starting lineup Thursday night after missing a three-game sweep at the hands of Houston with a sprained right ring finger.
- Altuve helps Astros sweep Royals with 6-5 win Updated: Jul-02-15 12:48 am
- Young Royals fan whose cancer fight gained attention dies Updated: Jul-01-15 11:21 am
OLATHE, Kansas - A Kansas boy whose fight against cancer and love of the Kansas City Royals received national attention during last year's World Series has died. He was 7.
- Kansas City's Escobar scratched against Astros Updated: Jun-29-15 8:21 pm
HOUSTON - Kansas City shortstop Alcides Escobar has been scratched from the Royals game against the Houston Astros with a finger injury.
- 5 Royals lead in All-Star voting, balloting ends Thursday Updated: Jun-29-15 6:42 pm
NEW YORK - Toronto third baseman Josh Donaldson and Seattle designated hitter Nelson Cruz have moved ahead in fan voting for starting spots in the All-Star Game, leaving five Kansas City Royals still in the lead.
- Guthrie gets 1,000th strikeout in Royals' 5-3 win over A's Updated: Jun-28-15 8:18 pm
OAKLAND, California - Jeremy Guthrie and Salvador Perez delivered a milestone win for the Kansas City Royals.
- Athletics finish off 3-game sweep of Rangers with 6-3 win Updated: Jun-25-15 7:18 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Oakland right-hander Sonny Gray wins at Texas even when he's not at his best.
- Moustakas, Infante lead Royals past Mariners 8-2 Updated: Jun-25-15 2:24 am
SEATTLE - Kansas City is getting used to this. Big hits, big innings and yet another victory, this time 8-2 over the Seattle Mariners on Wednesday night.
- Brewers' Bob Uecker to return to booth after concussion Updated: Jun-23-15 5:21 pm
MILWAUKEE - Bob Uecker is returning to the Milwaukee Brewers broadcast booth a week after getting hit in the head by a ball during batting practice.
- Royals shuffle righty relievers, add Mariot and drop Brooks Updated: Jun-22-15 10:14 pm
SEATTLE - The Kansas City Royals have shuffled right-handed relievers, calling up Michael Mariot from Triple-A Omaha and sending down Aaron Brooks.
- Tigers' Cabrera overtakes Royals' Hosmer in All-Star vote Updated: Jun-22-15 8:56 pm
NEW YORK - Some later-voting fans aren't on the Kansas City Royals' All-Star bandwagon.
- Big Papi hits 476th homer, Red Sox rout Royals 13-2 Updated: Jun-21-15 6:40 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - David Ortiz passed two Hall of Famers on the career home run chart. He was hardly the only Boston hitter who had a big day.
- Morales homers on birthday in Royals' 7-4 win over Red Sox Updated: Jun-21-15 1:16 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - It was another successful birthday for Kendrys Morales.
- Red Sox's Sandoval, Swihart leave vs. Royals with injuries Updated: Jun-20-15 10:18 pm
- Escobar has 3 hits in Royals' 3-2 win over Brewers Updated: Jun-19-15 12:20 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - No manager in Kansas City Royals' history has won as many games as Ned Yost.
- Ventura put on DL by Royals with ulnar nerve inflammation Updated: Jun-18-15 7:47 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Yordano Ventura became the latest Kansas City Royals starting pitcher to go on the disabled list.
- Jury: Neither Royals, man hurt by flying hot dog at fault Updated: Jun-17-15 6:02 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Neither the Kansas City Royals nor a man who was struck in the eye with a foil-wrapped hot dog in 2009 were at fault, a western Missouri jury said Wednesday in a case seen as a challenge to the long-held "baseball rule."
- Young drives in 3 runs, pitches 7 sharp innings for Royals Updated: Jun-17-15 12:19 am
MILWAUKEE - Chris Young jokingly questioned the strategy of Ned Yost replacing him with a pinch hitter. Who could blame the pitcher?
- Aoki overtakes Stanton in NL All-Star voting Updated: Jun-16-15 5:30 pm
NEW YORK - Even former Kansas City Royals are doing well in fan voting for the All-Star starters.
- Lessons learned, Royals' Ned Yost returns to Milwaukee Updated: Jun-15-15 9:35 pm
MILWAUKEE - Kansas City's Ned Yost learned valuable lessons while he was with the Milwaukee Brewers.
- OF Carlos Gomez scratched from Brewers' lineup vs Royals Updated: Jun-15-15 8:07 pm
MILWAUKEE - Brewers center fielder Carlos Gomez was scratched from the starting lineup for Monday night's game against Kansas City with right leg tightness.
- Royals-Cardinals rainout rescheduled for July 23 Updated: Jun-15-15 7:15 pm