- Royals' bats remain quiet in 2-0 loss to Nationals Updated: May-03-16 1:00 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - There are ample reasons for Ned Yost to be concerned about the Royals' struggling offense, from three recent shutouts to the prolonged slumps of stars such as Alex Gordon and Lorenzo Cain.
- Gonzalez, Nationals blank Royals 2-0 to win 4th straight Updated: May-03-16 12:37 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Dusty Baker has been around long enough to know hitters tend to heat up with the weather.
- Mariners can't find offense in 4-1 loss to Royals Updated: May-01-16 9:03 pm
SEATTLE - The Seattle Mariners' best offensive opportunity against the Kansas City Royals ended with Robinson Cano thrown out at the plate.
- Royals snap losing streak with 4-1 win against Mariners Updated: May-01-16 8:42 pm
SEATTLE - Ian Kennedy felt like he only had one pitch working for him against the Seattle Mariners on Sunday. He was still able to take a shutout into the sixth inning, and get a big boost from his bullpen when he finally ran into trouble.
- A's call up top pitching prospect Manaea to start vs Astros Updated: Apr-29-16 8:46 pm
OAKLAND, California - Sean Manaea, Oakland's top pitching prospect, was recalled from Triple-A Nashville to make his major league debut on Friday night against Houston.
- 14-foot Royals mannequin surfaces after theft from billboard Updated: Apr-29-16 4:25 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A 14-foot mannequin of a Royals player that was stolen from a billboard is safe at home in Kansas City.
- Thieves steal 14-foot-tall Royals cutout from billboard Updated: Apr-28-16 5:16 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Thieves took mischief to new heights when they absconded with a 14-foot-tall cutout of a Kansas City Royals from a billboard near the franchise's hometown.
- Angels lose Street, but complete sweep of Royals Updated: Apr-28-16 2:26 am
ANAHEIM, California - The Los Angeles Angels lost closer Huston Street because of a pregame injury, and that put a damper on their three-game sweep of the defending World Series champions.
- Ventura dominates Orioles as Royals cruise to 6-1 victory Updated: Apr-24-16 5:57 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Yordano Ventura no longer wears his emotions on his sleeve, the young right-hander for the Kansas City Royals having grown up after his first couple of years in the big leagues.
- Gee returns with solid relief outing, but Royals lose to O's Updated: Apr-24-16 12:11 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Dillon Gee hadn't pitched since April 16, in part because he was on paternity leave for the birth of his daughter.
- Orioles place RHP Gallardo on DL with shoulder tendinitis Updated: Apr-23-16 6:58 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Baltimore Orioles placed right-hander Yovani Gallardo on the 15-day disabled list Saturday with tendinitis in the shoulder of his pitching arm.
- Volquez sharp through 7 innings as Royals beat Tigers 4-0 Updated: Apr-21-16 11:06 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Edinson Volquez whirled around on the mound as the drive by the Tigers' Justin Upton soared over his head, and for a moment wondered why Lorenzo Cain wasn't giving chase.
- Rockies acquire 1B Decker from Royals Updated: Apr-20-16 12:28 pm
- Royals' OF Dyson off DL, RHP Almonte recalled from Triple-A Updated: Apr-19-16 3:35 pm
- Reddick's sacrifice fly lifts Athletics over Royals 3-2 Updated: Apr-17-16 8:13 pm
OAKLAND, California - Billy Burns' speed, along with a little luck, helped Oakland win its first home series.
- Iowa native part of Milwaukee Brewers' radio broadcast team Updated: Apr-17-16 5:07 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - An Iowa native is enjoying being part of the Milwaukee Brewers' radio broadcast team.
- Kennedy throws 7 strong innings, Royals beat Astros 6-2 Updated: Apr-15-16 12:12 am
HOUSTON - Ian Kennedy was dominant in his first start with Kansas City.
- Gore scores on wild pitch in 10th, Royals beat winless Twins Updated: Apr-10-16 7:06 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Royals did not need a hit to score the winning run Sunday. It wasn't about how they reached base, just what they did once they got there.
- Hosmer mobbed by fans, rescues girl after Bieber concert Updated: Apr-08-16 7:46 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Eric Hosmer proved he is more of a heartthrob in Kansas City than Justin Bieber and more than a hero on the baseball field.
- NW Arkansas baseball team open ninth season Thursday Updated: Apr-06-16 4:53 pm
SPRINGDALE, Arkansas - The Northwest Arkansas Naturals of the Texas League will open their ninth baseball season with a six-game home stand.
- Syndergaard, Mets shut out Royals following ring ceremony Updated: Apr-05-16 9:39 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - New York Mets pitcher Noah Syndergaard was amused when Kauffman Stadium's sound system played "American Woman" as he trotted out to the mound for the first inning.
- Naturals, Royals extend player development agreement Updated: Apr-04-16 1:15 pm
SPRINGDALE, Arkansas - The Northwest Arkansas Naturals have announced a four-year extension of the club's player development agreement with the defending World Series champion Kansas City Royals.
- Opening day: Flurries early in Pittsburgh, flag up in KC Updated: Apr-04-16 12:39 am
Cardinals leadoff man Matt Carpenter walked up to the plate, shook hands with the umpire, greeted the Pittsburgh catcher and got comfortable in the batter's box.
- MLB aims to protect fans with new netting at ballparks Updated: Apr-03-16 6:57 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Eric Hosmer still remembers the gasp from the crowd in Cleveland, and the sickening silence that followed, when he cracked a foul ball down the third base line and struck a woman sitting in the front row.