- Athletics promote Billy Beane, David Forst in front office Updated: Oct-05-15 6:35 pm
OAKLAND, California - The Oakland Athletics wanted to make sure they could keep David Forst in the front office after other clubs sought to hire him, so they promoted him to general manager Monday and elevated Billy Beane to executive vice president of baseball operations.
- Supreme Court rejects San Jose appeal over Athletics' move Updated: Oct-05-15 6:21 pm
OAKLAND, California - The Supreme Court rejected an appeal from the city of San Jose in its bid to lure baseball's Athletics from Oakland to the South Bay.
- Farquhar gives up homer in 8th, Mariners lose 4-2 to A's Updated: Oct-03-15 3:43 am
SEATTLE - Danny Farquhar threw the pitches he wanted in the eighth inning Friday night. He did not get the results he expected.
- Valencia's 2-run HR lifts Athletics over Mariners 4-2 Updated: Oct-03-15 2:17 am
SEATTLE - Danny Valencia believed all along that he just needed the opportunity to show what he could do.
- Barry Zito is content after A's 8-7 win over Angels Updated: Oct-01-15 12:41 am
ANAHEIM, California - Barry Zito's big league career began 15 years ago with a win over the Angels in Oakland. It might have ended Wednesday with four innings against the Angels in the waning days of a losing season.
- Angels slowed with 8-7 loss to Athletics Updated: Oct-01-15 12:00 am
ANAHEIM, California - Collin Cowgill's soft groundout to third wasn't a terribly appropriate way to end a seven-game winning streak and a rollicking homestand that propelled the Los Angeles Angels back into playoff position.
- A's lose 4th straight, 8-1 to streaking Angels Updated: Sep-30-15 2:22 am
- Female coach to serve as A's guest instructor this fall Updated: Sep-29-15 9:10 pm
OAKLAND, California - Justine Siegal, a female baseball coach who was the first woman to throw batting practice for a Major League Baseball team, will serve as a guest instructor during the Oakland Athletics' instructional league that begins Sunday at the team's spring-training facility in Mesa, Arizona.
- Heston wins 1st game in 2 months as Giants beats A's 5-4 Updated: Sep-27-15 8:12 pm
OAKLAND, California - Following Chris Heston's first win in two months, the San Francisco Giants enter the final week of the regular season with a slight chance to reach the playoffs.
- Hudson-Zito matchup hardly lives up to hype in Giants' win Updated: Sep-26-15 11:09 pm
OAKLAND, California - Tim Hudson and Barry Zito won't soon forget Saturday.
- Mark Mulder wouldn't miss classic Hudson versus Zito matchup Updated: Sep-26-15 4:02 pm
OAKLAND, California - Mark Mulder's 7-year-old son Xander skipped his first baseball game of the season so the entire family could be at the Coliseum to watch Tim Hudson and Barry Zito pitch on the same day as their impressive careers near the end.
- Gray wins for A's, helps eliminate Giants from wild card Updated: Sep-26-15 2:14 am
OAKLAND, California - Now, it's staff ace Sonny Gray who might be hurt for the Oakland Athletics.
- Hudson, Zito face off in likely final outings at Oakland Updated: Sep-25-15 8:55 pm
OAKLAND, California - All Tim Hudson and Barry Zito need is Mark Mulder climbing the mound in a green and gold Athletics jersey to complete the 'ol Big Three in Oakland.
- Hamels sharp as Rangers complete sweep of A's 8-1 Updated: Sep-24-15 8:01 pm
OAKLAND, California - The Texas Rangers have given Cole Hamels plenty of run support since acquiring him in a trade from Philadelphia in late July.
- Tim Hudson and Barry Zito facing off will happen Saturday Updated: Sep-23-15 3:31 am
OAKLAND, California - Barry Zito had returned home from a minor league season ready to turn his attention from baseball to his other love, music, perhaps for good.
- Zito in majors for 1st time since '13 as A's fall to Astros Updated: Sep-20-15 6:45 pm
HOUSTON - Barry Zito was thrilled to be back on a major league mound on Sunday, even if the results weren't quite what he'd hoped for.
- Rasmus homers twice, Springer connects, Astros top Athletics Updated: Sep-20-15 6:24 pm
HOUSTON - Houston manager A.J. Hinch isn't surprised that his team shook off a terrible road trip by taking a series against Oakland with a 5-1 victory on Sunday.
- Valencia's 2 homers lead A's over fading Astros 4-3 Updated: Sep-19-15 1:01 am
HOUSTON - Danny Valencia has a knack for big hits against the Houston Astros.
- Butler homers in ninth to give A's 4-2 win over White Sox Updated: Sep-17-15 6:45 pm
CHICAGO - Billy Butler's ninth-inning drive cleared the right-field wall and Avisail Garcia's glove - barely.
- Zito rejoins the A's in 'storybook ending' Updated: Sep-16-15 8:33 pm
CHICAGO - Although he made no official announcement, Barry Zito believed his playing career had concluded with the end of the minor league season earlier this month.
- A's Chavez has non-displaced rib fracture, out for season Updated: Sep-15-15 6:54 pm
CHICAGO - Oakland Athletics right-hander Jesse Chavez has a non-displaced rib fracture on the right side and will miss the remainder of the season.
- Beltre homers twice, Rangers beat Athletics 12-4 Updated: Sep-13-15 8:12 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Adrian Beltre and the Texas Rangers can now focus on what may be their most important series of the season.
- Nolin gets 1st win; Canha, Valencia power A's past Rangers Updated: Sep-13-15 3:01 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Sean Nolin hardly had the look of an inexperienced pitcher making his third career start.
- Rangers' Lewis loses perfect game in 8th against Athletics Updated: Sep-11-15 10:14 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Colby Lewis of the Texas Rangers has lost a bid for a perfect game on a leadoff double by Oakland's Danny Valencia in the eighth inning.
- A's get reliever Coulombe from Dodgers for cash Updated: Sep-11-15 5:46 pm