- Tigers lose 5th in a row, 5-3 to Athletics Updated: Jun-03-15 12:02 am
DETROIT - Ian Kinsler fielded a sharp groundball, realized he had no play at second, then quickly threw home.
- Zobrist's grand slam lifts A's to 5-3 win over Tigers Updated: Jun-02-15 11:27 pm
DETROIT - Ben Zobrist figured his line drive with the bases loaded was hit hard enough to go over the right fielder's head.
- A's reinstate O'Flaherty off DL, send down Castro Updated: Jun-02-15 6:46 pm
DETROIT - The Oakland Athletics have reinstated reliever Eric O'Flaherty from the disabled list and optioned reliever Angel Castro to Triple-A Sacramento.
- Chavez shuts down Yankees to lead Athletics to 3-0 win Updated: May-31-15 8:05 pm
OAKLAND, California - The way Jesse Chavez was dealing, Stephen Vogt knew Oakland didn't need much offense to give him a much-needed win. That hasn't been so easy for the Athletics to do this season.
- A's waste early scoring chances, lose to Yankees 5-3 Updated: May-31-15 2:27 am
- Doolitte returns to DL with shoulder injury Updated: May-30-15 8:02 pm
- Longtime sports writer Ron Bergman dies at 80 Updated: May-28-15 7:21 pm
OAKLAND, California - Longtime Bay Area sports writer and former Associated Press writer Ron Bergman has died. He was 80.
- Cespedes homers in Tigers' 3-2 win over Athletics Updated: May-27-15 8:05 pm
OAKLAND, California - Yoenis Cespedes spent the past two days rekindling old friendships and getting comfortable in the ballpark he called home for the first two-plus seasons of his big league career.
- Tigers scratch Ryan, start Wilson against Athletics Updated: May-27-15 3:18 pm
- Coach Ron Washington is thrilled to be back in A's uniform Updated: May-25-15 3:45 pm
OAKLAND, California - Ron Washington arrived to the ballpark at 8:30 a.m. for an afternoon game on Memorial Day, had some breakfast then headed outside to hang out with the grounds crew he knows so well. He waved to ushers and caught up with security guards.
- Gray hit by ball, leaves with bruised ankle as A's top Rays Updated: May-24-15 5:50 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Sonny Gray was sore, but he could handle it. Wins tend to have that effect.
- Gray leaves with right ankle bruise Updated: May-24-15 3:26 pm
- At 42, Bartolo Colon shines with guile and precision pitches Updated: May-23-15 5:33 pm
NEW YORK - Bartolo Colon settled in a chair and threw a rubber ball against his black glove. He repeated the motion several times, then leaned back and threw the ball in the air, mimicking a fielding drill.
- Athletics place Coco Crisp on DL with cervical strain Updated: May-23-15 12:06 pm
- Rays option infielder Tim Beckham to minors Updated: May-23-15 12:27 am
- No immediate surgery for A's Coco Crisp Updated: May-22-15 6:41 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - The Oakland Athletics have ruled out immediate neck surgery for outfielder Coco Crisp.
- Ex-Rangers manager Washington rejoin Athletics as coach Updated: May-21-15 5:37 pm
- Keuchel solid again to help Astros over A's 6-1 Updated: May-20-15 6:42 pm
HOUSTON - After six consecutive losing seasons, the Houston Astros are off to their best start ever.
- Carter, Rasmus homer to back Hernandez as Astros beat A's Updated: May-20-15 1:20 am
HOUSTON - A combination of home runs and solid starting pitching has helped the Houston Astros get off to the best 40-game start in franchise history.
- Garcia, Ramirez each drive in 2 runs as White Sox beat A's Updated: May-17-15 8:16 pm
OAKLAND, California - Jeff Samardzija spent the first two days of the series catching up with old friends. He spent the last day making trouble for them.
- Rockies manager Weiss has appendectomy Updated: May-14-15 1:38 am
ANAHEIM, California - Colorado Rockies manager Walt Weiss had an appendectomy Wednesday night following two days of stomach discomfort.
- Wade Miley duels with Sonny Gray, Boston beats A's 2-0 Updated: May-13-15 7:48 pm
OAKLAND, California - Somehow, Wade Miley pulled off escape acts all afternoon.
- Hernandez gets 2,000th strikeout, win against A's Updated: May-10-15 8:20 pm
SEATTLE - As soon as strike three was called, everyone in Safeco Field knew it was a special moment.
- Athletics' Parker fractures elbow in minor league game Updated: May-10-15 2:38 am
SEATTLE - Oakland right-hander Jarrod Parker, recovering from Tommy John surgery more than a year ago, broke a bone in his elbow during a minor league game.
- Red Sox trade reliever Edward Mujica to Athletics Updated: May-09-15 11:23 pm