- Struggling Angels fall short against A's, 5-4 Updated: Jun-24-16 3:29 am
ANAHEIM, California - Angels manager Mike Scioscia knows his team's disappointing start has left them 11 games under .500 and 16 games behind Texas in the AL West.
- Semien, Davis lead A's to 5-4 win over Angels Updated: Jun-24-16 2:50 am
ANAHEIM, California - It had been more than three weeks since an Oakland Athletics starting pitcher got a win. In the 17 games during that stretch, the A's won just four times.
- Gennett, Nieuwenhuis homer as Brewers beat Athletics 4-2 Updated: Jun-22-16 8:03 pm
OAKLAND, California - The Milwaukee Brewers finished their long California road trip with a close win after coming up short several times in the late innings with missed opportunities or mistakes.
- A's rookie Mengden strikes out nine, still no first MLB win Updated: Jun-22-16 7:59 pm
OAKLAND, California - Sure, Oakland manager Bob Melvin and pitching coach Curt Young will reassure rookie pitcher Daniel Mengden he is doing just fine, even without a win to show for it yet.
- Weaver pitches 3-hitter as Angels beat A's 2-0 Updated: Jun-19-16 7:42 pm
OAKLAND, California - Much like teammate Tim Lincecum has discovered, Jered Weaver is realizing that his fastball can still be effective even though it's no longer the dominant pitch it once was.
- Surkamp pitches better, but A's struggle against Weaver Updated: Jun-19-16 7:36 pm
OAKLAND, California - Erik Surkamp and Liam Hendriks gave the Athletics bullpen a well-deserved day off. On a day the Oakland offense was virtually non-existent, a couple of pitchers with ballooned-sized ERAs pitched like aces.
- Tim Lincecum embraces a second chance with new Angels team Updated: Jun-17-16 9:45 pm
OAKLAND, California - A white cap on backward, Tim Lincecum stopped to pet the bomb-sniffing dogs in the parking lot before greeting the workers at the security entrance who warmly welcomed him back to the Oakland Coliseum.
- Max Muncy breaks up Lewis' no-hit bid for A's Updated: Jun-16-16 8:12 pm
OAKLAND, California - Max Muncy was retired on a running catch in his first at-bat Thursday. Then was thrown out at first base by Colby Lewis when he tried to reach on a bunt.
- Colby Lewis loses no-hit bid in 9th, Rangers beat A's Updated: Jun-16-16 7:31 pm
OAKLAND, California - When the ball left Max Muncy's bat leading off the ninth inning, Colby Lewis thought it was another fly that would move him one out closer to a no-hitter.
- Lewis loses no-hit bid vs A's on leadoff double in 9th Updated: Jun-16-16 6:13 pm
OAKLAND, California - Colby Lewis of the Texas Rangers lost his no-hit bid against Oakland on a leadoff double in the ninth inning that glanced off the glove of rookie right fielder Nomar Mazara.
- Draymond Green expects to watch Game 5 next door in Coliseum Updated: Jun-13-16 10:44 pm
- Semien, Smolinski lead A's past Reds 6-1 to snap 7-game skid Updated: Jun-12-16 5:41 pm
CINCINNATI - Somebody commented to Oakland manager Bob Melvin about the loud music playing in the clubhouse after his team's 6-1 victory over the Cincinnati Reds.
- Athletics call up Muncy, RH Neal for series vs Reds Updated: Jun-10-16 6:50 pm
- Cubs reacquire outfielder Chris Coghlan from Oakland Updated: Jun-09-16 5:57 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago Cubs have reacquired outfielder Chris Coghlan from Oakland for Arismendy Alcantara.
- Anderson, Gennett lead Brewers to 4-0 win over Athletics Updated: Jun-09-16 12:34 am
MILWAUKEE - It was Chase Anderson's turn against the short-handed Oakland Athletics, and he won, too.
- Brewers RHP Zach Davies loses no-hit bid in 7th inning Updated: Jun-07-16 9:59 pm
MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee Brewers right-hander Zach Davies had his no-hit bid ended by a two-run homer from Oakland's Billy Butler with two outs in the seventh inning.
- Gattis, Gomez, Correa help Astros sweep Athletics 5-2 Updated: Jun-05-16 6:36 pm
HOUSTON - Early this season when the Houston Astros got down early it seemed like an insurmountable task to come back and win.
- Glory Days: Bay Area plays host to NBA Finals, Stanley Cup Updated: Jun-02-16 2:27 am
OAKLAND, California - Stephen Curry and LeBron James dueling on the court in the NBA Finals as the Golden State Warriors look to cap a record-breaking season with a second straight title. Joe Thornton and Sidney Crosby matching up on the ice as the San Jose Sharks look to win the Stanley Cup for the first time ever.
- Valencia, Vogt pace A's over Twins for 4th straight win Updated: Jun-01-16 2:08 am
OAKLAND, California - Danny Valencia opened May on the disabled list. He closed it as one of the hottest hitters in baseball.
- Sluggin' Seattle: Lind's 6 RBIs lead Mariners past A's 13-3 Updated: May-26-16 1:55 am
SEATTLE - Adam Lind felt he was building toward something after a sluggish start to his first season in Seattle.
- Athletics utility man Canha has successful hip surgery Updated: May-25-16 7:00 pm
SEATTLE - Oakland Athletics utility player Mark Canha has had successful surgery on his left hip that will keep him out for the rest of the season.