- Rio problems, doping issues, refugee athletes on IOC agenda Updated: May-31-16 6:47 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - With the opening ceremony in Rio de Janeiro just over two months away, Olympic leaders have plenty of troubling issues to deal with this week.
- Pau Gasol considering skipping Olympics because of Zika Updated: May-30-16 2:48 pm
MADRID - Pau Gasol is considering not playing at the Olympics because of the Zika virus.
- IOC: 23 positives in retests of samples from London Olympics Updated: May-27-16 12:01 pm
LONDON - Nearly two dozen athletes tested positive in reanalysis of their doping samples from the 2012 London Olympics, adding to the more than 30 already caught in retesting from the 2008 Beijing Games.
- Spanish hurdler tests positive in retest of 2008 samples Updated: May-25-16 3:12 pm
MADRID - Spanish hurdler Josephine Onyia is one of the athletes who tested positive in a reanalysis of doping samples from the 2008 Beijing Games, an official with knowledge of the case said Wednesday.
- Sailors' nightmare in Rio Olympics: plastic bags, trash Updated: May-24-16 4:17 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - If you're the head of world sailing, this is your worst Olympic nightmare.
- Brother of Brussels bomber wins European taekwondo gold Updated: May-21-16 2:53 pm
MONTREUX, Switzerland - Mourad Laachraoui, the brother of one of the Brussels airport suicide bombers, keeps enhancing his Olympic taekwondo prospects after winning his third gold medal this year.
- AP Interview: Fasel worried NHL players will skip 2018 Games Updated: May-03-16 2:12 pm
SOCHI, Russia - The head of ice hockey's international body says there is a strong possibility that NHL players won't be competing at the next Winter Olympics.