- Judge to decide fate of Florida's political landscape Updated: Sep-28-15 7:45 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A three-day trial that could decide the fate of Florida's political landscape ended Monday as lawyers for both sides accused each other of recommending changes to the state's 27 congressional districts that could benefit either Republicans or Democrats.
- Florida lawmakers plan to live on minimum wage for a week Updated: Sep-28-15 3:05 am
ORLANDO, Florida - At least 18 Florida lawmakers plan to live on a minimum wage this week to draw attention to efforts to increase the state's minimum wage to $15 an hour.
- Florida Gov. wants a boost in mental health spending Updated: Sep-21-15 4:57 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida Gov. Rick Scott says he will push to spend more money on mental health and substance abuse programs.
- Florida bill to repeal ban on shacking up takes first step Updated: Sep-16-15 4:31 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - For the first time since Reconstruction, shacking up together could become legal again in Florida.
- Bill to allow guns on university campuses moves forward Updated: Sep-16-15 4:04 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Republican lawmakers fighting to give licensed gun owners the right to carry on state universities earned their first two victories Wednesday as House and Senate committees approved bills that would allow permitted students to take their guns to class.
- Florida editorial roundup Updated: Sep-16-15 4:00 pm
Recent editorials from Florida newspapers: