- EU leader pledges help in ending Poland's crisis soon Updated: May-24-16 12:26 pm
WARSAW, Poland - A senior European Union leader has pledged support in finding a solution soon to Poland's political crisis that has strained the country's ties with Brussels.
- Poland's PM defies EU pressure over constitutional crisis Updated: May-20-16 12:56 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Poland's prime minister has defied pressure from European Union leaders who are urging an end to a dragging political conflict, saying her conservative government will never bow to any ultimatum.
- Polish PM wants Bill Clinton's apology for political comment Updated: May-18-16 9:28 am
WARSAW, Poland - Former U.S. President Bill Clinton should apologize to the Poles for having said they think "democracy is too much trouble" and want to have an "authoritarian dictatorship," Poland's prime minister said Wednesday.
- Hungary: Bill Clinton comments about dictatorship offensive Updated: May-17-16 10:53 am
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Bill Clinton's comments about Hungary and Poland wanting "authoritarian dictatorship" are offensive, unacceptable and unfair, officials from the two Eastern European countries said Tuesday.
- AP Interview: Polish ex-foreign minister sees Brexit dangers Updated: May-16-16 3:51 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Radek Sikorski, a former Polish foreign minister with longstanding ties to Britain, said he is "very worried" British voters could opt to leave the European Union, fearing it could weaken a political arrangement that has given Europe its longest-ever period of peace and prosperity.
- Poland's defense minister accused of undermining military Updated: May-15-16 10:37 am
WARSAW, Poland - Several former Polish defense ministers are calling for the dismissal of the current minister, arguing that he is undermining the image of Poland's military within NATO and Polish society itself.
- US, Polish leaders break ground for missile defense site Updated: May-13-16 12:52 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Polish and U.S. officials symbolically broke ground Friday for a U.S.-led missile defense site in the country's north, a system that has drawn condemnation from Russia.