- Polish president OKs new judge for top court as crisis grows Updated: Apr-28-16 11:05 am
WARSAW, Poland - Poland's president on Thursday swore in a new judge to the Constitutional Tribunal as political conflict over appointments to the court seeped down to local authority level.
- Polish leaders threaten fate of nearly finished WWII museum Updated: Apr-24-16 6:11 am
WARSAW, Poland - Poland's conservative government is taking steps that threaten an ambitious new World War II museum which international experts have spent eight years creating - the latest ideological battle the nation's nationalistic authorities are waging against the pro-European rivals they ousted from power last year.
- Groups file complaint over Poland's ancient forest plan Updated: Apr-19-16 12:04 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Environmental groups lodged a complaint Tuesday with the European Commission over a Polish government plan for extensive logging in Europe's last primeval forest, saying they were forced to take that step after running out of options in Poland.
- Snubs of president spark talk of rift in Polish ruling party Updated: Apr-19-16 9:23 am
WARSAW, Poland - The body language was telling. Polish President Andrzej Duda approached Jaroslaw Kaczynski, the head of the ruling party, nodding and reaching out to shake his hand. But Kaczynski barely acknowledged him, reaching his hand to the side in a passing shake, but without pausing or even looking at the head of state.
- Poland honors late president and other plane crash victims Updated: Apr-10-16 4:25 pm
WARSAW, Poland - The leader of Poland's ruling party on Sunday blamed the government of then-Prime Minister Donald Tusk for the 2010 plane crash in which President Lech Kaczynski, and 95 others were killed.
- Polish workers in UK worry about possibility of Brexit Updated: Apr-09-16 5:56 am
WARSAW, Poland - Hundreds of thousands of people whose personal fates hinge on whether Britain leaves the European Union or stays don't even have a say in the matter: Polish immigrants, a community so numerous that Polish has become Britain's second most-spoken language.