- Verizon workers to stay on job without new contract Updated: Aug-02-15 1:20 am
NEW YORK - Verizon and unions representing workers in nine states said employees will work without a contract as more negotiations are scheduled.
- Rauner vetoes strike and lockout ban as union OKs extension Updated: Jul-29-15 7:40 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Even as Illinois and the union that represents most of its employees agreed to a short-term deal Wednesday to keep workers on the job through contract negotiations, Gov. Bruce Rauner vetoed union-backed legislation that would have blocked strikes and lockouts.
- The Latest: Brady and players' union file lawsuit again NFL Updated: Jul-29-15 6:31 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - Here is the latest surrounding the suspension of star Patriots quarterback Tom Brady for using underinflated footballs (all times local):
- Security hospital workers seek freer restraint policy Updated: Jul-29-15 1:50 pm
ST. PETER, Minnesota - Union workers at the state hospital that houses 373 of Minnesota's most violent and mentally ill patients want more freedom to use restraints amid recent incidents resulting in injuries to staff members.
- Report: Illinois retirees contacted about working if strike Updated: Jul-27-15 2:25 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner's administration has been contacting retired state employees to determine if they're willing to come back on short-term contracts in case of a workers' strike, according to a published report.
- Verizon workers vote to authorize strike, if necessary Updated: Jul-25-15 11:50 pm
NEW YORK - Verizon workers in nine states have voted to go on strike if necessary over a dispute about a new contract, a union official said at a rally Saturday.
- Bankrupt Patriot Coal asks judge to change retiree benefits Updated: Jul-21-15 10:41 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Patriot Coal wants a bankruptcy judge's permission to reject the company's collective bargaining agreement with union miners and change retirees' health care benefits.
- SAG gives lifetime achievement award to Carol Burnett Updated: Jul-20-15 6:16 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Screen Actors Guild is recognizing Carol Burnett for her six decades in entertainment.
- Judge orders settlement talk for NFL, union on Peterson case Updated: Jul-20-15 5:38 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A federal magistrate ordered the NFL and the NFL Players Association into settlement negotiations Monday in their fight over Adrian Peterson's suspension.
- NFL Players Association, Wounded Warrior Project partner Updated: Jul-16-15 5:23 pm
WASHINGTON - The NFL Players Association has partnered with the Wounded Warrior Project to provide sports business opportunities for injured service members.
- Teachers' union endorses Clinton's 2016 presidential bid Updated: Jul-11-15 4:44 pm
WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton has won the endorsement of the American Federation of Teachers. It's the first major labor union to make an endorsement in the 2016 presidential campaign.