- NFL, union still in dispute over Peterson suspension Updated: Aug-26-15 6:12 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Adrian Peterson was reinstated by the NFL in April. He rejoined the Minnesota Vikings in June. He even got a new contract in July, with the guaranteed money he was seeking.
- The Latest on Springfield: Senate OKs college grant funding Updated: Aug-19-15 8:11 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The latest on activities in Springfield as Gov. Bruce Rauner spends Governor's Day at the Illinois State Fair and action by the Senate on legislation, including overriding several Rauner vetoes:
- Labor unions facing tricky choice in Democratic primaries Updated: Aug-19-15 6:04 pm
LAS VEGAS - The choice facing labor unions in the Democratic presidential race boils down to hearts or heads - Bernie Sanders, who embraces their forceful opposition to a big trade deal, or Hillary Rodham Clinton, who is a strong favorite for the nomination.
- Rauner on union-strike veto: 'Let me do my job' Updated: Aug-18-15 7:14 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Imploring them to "let me do my job," Gov. Bruce Rauner asked Illinois lawmakers Tuesday not to undo his veto of a measure authorizing an unelected arbitrator to decide a potential labor-negotiation stalemate.
- Union rallies outside Patriot Coal over pension benefits Updated: Aug-17-15 8:44 pm
SCOTT DEPOT, West Virginia - Hundreds of United Mine Workers of America miners and retirees roared in protest outside Patriot Coal headquarters Monday, as the bankrupt company looks to nix a union contract that includes pension contributions and health benefits.
- Union rallies outside Patriot Coal over pension benefits Updated: Aug-17-15 8:43 pm
SCOTT DEPOT, West Virginia - Busloads of United Mine Workers of America miners and retirees roared in protest outside Patriot Coal headquarters Monday, as the bankrupt company looks to nix a union contract that includes pension contributions and health benefits.
- Tallian ends gubernatorial bid, leaving Gregg lone Democrat Updated: Aug-17-15 6:17 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - State Sen. Karen Tallian ended her campaign for governor Monday, leaving John Gregg the only Democrat remaining in the race.
- Verizon workers to stay on job without new contract Updated: Aug-02-15 1:20 am
NEW YORK - Verizon and unions representing workers in nine states said employees will work without a contract as more negotiations are scheduled.