- School employees challenge mandatory union fees Updated: Oct-03-15 7:37 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Eleven employees in the Jefferson County public school district have filed a lawsuit saying they shouldn't be forced to pay union fees if they don't want to be part of the union.
- Correction: NFLPA Bowl story Updated: Sep-28-15 7:21 pm
CARSON, California - In a story Sept. 17 about the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl, The Associated Press erroneously reported the outcome of last winter's game based on information from the NFLPA. The team coached by Mike Martz won the game.
- Coal operator sues union, alleges breach of contract Updated: Sep-22-15 8:17 am
MORGANTOWN, West Virginia - Two Murray Energy subsidiaries have filed a lawsuit against the United Mine Workers of America alleging breach of contract.
- NFLPA withdraws contempt-of-court motion in Peterson case Updated: Sep-21-15 5:37 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The NFL Players Association has withdrawn its contempt-of-court motion against NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell in the case of Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson's suspension.
- Players' union launches ACE Media Updated: Sep-21-15 2:06 pm
WASHINGTON, D.C. - The NFL players' union has launched Athlete Content & Entertainment (ACE Media), which will identify and create programming opportunities for athletes.
- State, AFSCME to continue talks without lockout or strike Updated: Sep-10-15 6:38 pm
CHICAGO - State officials will continue contract negotiations with Illinois' largest public employee union without the possibility of a strike, work slowdown or lockout.