- Players hoping "Deflategate" can usher in change Updated: Sep-04-15 4:06 am
PITTSBURGH - Tom Brady is free and Ramon Foster can't help but laugh. Sorry, the irony is just a little too delicious.
- The Latest: Falcons owner says Goodell protecting rights Updated: Sep-03-15 7:23 pm
NEW YORK - The latest on a federal judge's decision to overturn the NFL's four-game suspension of New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady in the "Deflategate" scandal (all times Eastern):
- Union, other advocates unveil preschool plan for New Mexico Updated: Sep-03-15 5:30 pm
LOS RANCHOS DE ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A plan aimed at expanding early childhood education in New Mexico amid a stalemate over funding was unveiled Thursday by a national teachers union and other preschool advocates.
- Rauner wins labor fight; Illinois House fails override Updated: Sep-02-15 9:58 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Gov. Bruce Rauner won a victory over a Democratic majority Wednesday when the Illinois House failed to override his veto of legislation designed to prevent a strike or lockout if union contract negotiations break down.
- Coal company, UMW settle suit over use of non-union workers Updated: Sep-02-15 11:31 am
MORGANTOWN, West Virginia - A Murray Energy subsidiary and the United Mine Workers of America have settled a lawsuit over the company's use of non-union workers to perform work on seals at an underground coal mine in north-central West Virginia.
- Illinois House gears up for override of union-strike veto Updated: Sep-01-15 5:11 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - One of the subplots of the summer-long Illinois budget standoff will take center stage this week with a likely attempt by House Democrats to restore legislation they say will prevent labor unrest.
- Trumka: Democratic field 'still wide open,' Biden has time Updated: Sep-01-15 11:05 am
WASHINGTON - AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka says the Democratic presidential campaign is "still wide open" and Vice President Joe Biden has time to join the field.
- NFL, union still in dispute over Peterson suspension Updated: Aug-26-15 6:12 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Adrian Peterson was reinstated by the NFL in April. He rejoined the Minnesota Vikings in June. He even got a new contract in July, with the guaranteed money he was seeking.
- The Latest on Springfield: Senate OKs college grant funding Updated: Aug-19-15 8:11 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The latest on activities in Springfield as Gov. Bruce Rauner spends Governor's Day at the Illinois State Fair and action by the Senate on legislation, including overriding several Rauner vetoes:
- Rauner on union-strike veto: 'Let me do my job' Updated: Aug-18-15 7:14 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Imploring them to "let me do my job," Gov. Bruce Rauner asked Illinois lawmakers Tuesday not to undo his veto of a measure authorizing an unelected arbitrator to decide a potential labor-negotiation stalemate.
- Union rallies outside Patriot Coal over pension benefits Updated: Aug-17-15 8:44 pm
SCOTT DEPOT, West Virginia - Hundreds of United Mine Workers of America miners and retirees roared in protest outside Patriot Coal headquarters Monday, as the bankrupt company looks to nix a union contract that includes pension contributions and health benefits.
- Union rallies outside Patriot Coal over pension benefits Updated: Aug-17-15 8:43 pm
SCOTT DEPOT, West Virginia - Busloads of United Mine Workers of America miners and retirees roared in protest outside Patriot Coal headquarters Monday, as the bankrupt company looks to nix a union contract that includes pension contributions and health benefits.
- Tallian ends gubernatorial bid, leaving Gregg lone Democrat Updated: Aug-17-15 6:17 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - State Sen. Karen Tallian ended her campaign for governor Monday, leaving John Gregg the only Democrat remaining in the race.