- Harrison wants evidence before talking to NFL about PEDs Updated: Jun-29-16 2:58 pm
WASHINGTON - Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison wants the NFL to provide "credible evidence" before he agrees to an interview with league officials regarding a media report that linked him and other players to the use of performance-enhancing drugs.
- AFL-CIO leader vows union support for Bullock, Juneau Updated: Jun-24-16 6:34 pm
HELENA, Montana - AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka on Friday rallied Montana union members convening in Helena for their annual convention, vowing union support for Gov. Steve Bullock's re-election and superintendent Denise Juneau's bid for U.S. Congress.
- Murray Energy strikes 5-year agreement with coal miner union Updated: Jun-24-16 11:29 am
ST. CLAIRSVILLE, Ohio - America's largest coal-mining company says it's reached a tentative labor agreement with unionized miners.
- NFLPA yanks registration of accused financial adviser Updated: Jun-22-16 5:09 pm
WASHINGTON - The NFL Players Association on Wednesday suspended the registration of a financial adviser accused of cheating several professional athletes, including Denver Broncos quarterback Mark Sanchez, out of millions of dollars in a Ponzi-like scheme.
- Rauner requests expedited union negotiations case Updated: Jun-14-16 4:02 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Gov. Bruce Rauner's administration says it wants to bypass an administrative law judge's recommendation in order to expedite the resolution of its case on whether negotiations have stalled between the state and the largest state worker's union.
- Rauner also accusing attorney general of 'creating crisis' Updated: Jun-12-16 1:31 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Gov. Bruce Rauner is trying to weave a wider web of blame for the state budget mess, extending his criticism of House Speaker Michael Madigan and other Democratic lawmakers to Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan, the speaker's daughter.
- Union leaders note displeasure with endorsed state lawmakers Updated: Jun-11-16 1:36 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut's largest labor organization is making it clear that it's unhappy with state lawmakers who voted for a revised $19.7 billion state budget that makes cuts to state services and state employee jobs.
- Connecticut Rep. Himes opts out of AFL-CIO endorsement Updated: Jun-10-16 6:50 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - U.S. Rep. Jim Himes will be the only member of Connecticut's Democratic congressional delegation not to receive an endorsement in this year's election from the state's largest labor organization.
- Coal miners PAC backs Portman over Strickland for US Senate Updated: Jun-02-16 4:52 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A coal miners' union influential in Appalachian Ohio endorsed Republican incumbent Rob Portman on Thursday over rival Ted Strickland in the closely watched contest for U.S. Senate.
- AFL-CIO, Kenneth Feinberg join Brady's 'Deflategate' appeal Updated: May-31-16 6:56 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - Tom Brady has added more high-profile legal power to fight his "Deflategate" suspension.
- Striking Verizon workers to return Wednesday; deal inked Updated: May-31-16 8:21 am
NEW YORK - Nearly 40,000 striking Verizon employees will return to work Wednesday after reaching a tentative contract agreement that includes 1,300 new call center jobs and nearly 11 percent in raises over four years but also makes health care plan changes to save the company money, the company and unions said Monday.