- War on IS a focus of UN General Assembly amid stalemate Updated: Sep-27-15 11:15 pm
NEW YORK - When world leaders convene for the U.N. General Assembly this week, it will be a year since the U.S. president declared the formation of an international coalition to "degrade and ultimately destroy" the Islamic State group.
- Iraq's stalemate in Ramadi raises doubts about US strategy Updated: Sep-26-15 11:43 am
WASHINGTON - A summer of stalemate in the effort to reclaim the Iraqi provincial capital of Ramadi, despite U.S.-backed Iraqi troops vastly outnumbering Islamic State fighters, calls into question not only Iraq's ability to win a test of wills over key territory but also the future direction of Washington's approach to defeating the extremist group.
- Top German military officer dies in northern Iraq Updated: Sep-23-15 3:34 pm
BAGHDAD - The German Defense Ministy says the head of its training mission in Iraq's self-ruled Kurdish region has passed away.
- Fort Carson welcoming home soldiers from Iraq Updated: Sep-18-15 9:33 am
FORT CARSON, Colorado - Fort Carson is welcoming home about 20 soldiers who have been supporting the military intervention against the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria.
- Turkey renews permit for military operations in Syria, Iraq Updated: Sep-03-15 3:40 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkey's parliament has voted to renew by another year a mandate allowing the military to conduct operations in Syria and Iraq.