- US prevails in 2-0 victory over top-ranked Germany Updated: Jul-01-15 2:26 am
MONTREAL - Julie Johnston thought she had blown it.
- US heads to World Cup final with 2-0 win over Germany Updated: Jun-30-15 11:07 pm
MONTREAL - Carli Lloyd remembers putting the ball on its spot and shutting out the noise of more than 51,000 anxious fans.
- Blatter not traveling to Women's World Cup final in Canada Updated: Jun-30-15 6:54 pm
MONTREAL - FIFA President Sepp Blatter will skip the Women's World Cup final in Canada, avoiding a visit to North America at a time when U.S. officials are pursuing a criminal investigation into the game's ruling body.
- UEFA tells Spanish league to accept 2022 World Cup dates Updated: Jun-30-15 9:37 am
PRAGUE - UEFA told the Spanish league on Tuesday to stop challenging the decision to move the dates of the World Cup in 2022 to November-December.
- Spanish league appeals FIFA switch of 2022 World Cup dates Updated: Jun-28-15 4:50 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The Spanish football league is challenging FIFA's to switch the 2022 World Cup in Qatar to November-December.
- Blatter: 'Liberating' to leave FIFA, expects 2016 election Updated: Jun-27-15 9:18 am
GENEVA - Sepp Blatter says his decision to leave FIFA was "liberating" and he expects the election to replace him will be in early 2016.
- Ghana FA to challenge report on World Cup money Updated: Jun-27-15 5:26 am
ACCRA, Ghana - The Ghana Football Association will challenge some of the findings of an inquiry which questioned how over $3.5 million meant for the team's preparations for last year's World Cup was used.
- Paraguay revokes immunity for soccer headquarters Updated: Jun-25-15 4:05 pm
ASUNCION, Paraguay - Paraguay's president has signed a law repealing the immunity that the headquarters of South America's soccer confederation enjoyed for nearly two decades.
- Opposition: SAfrican soccer officials shielded from scrutiny Updated: Jun-25-15 2:14 am
CAPE TOWN, South Africa - South African soccer officials are being deliberately shielded from scrutiny over FIFA-related bribery allegations surrounding the country's successful 2010 World Cup bid, an opposition politician said Wednesday.
- Maradona's road to FIFA presidency filled with obstacles Updated: Jun-22-15 3:05 pm
If Diego Maradona is serious about running for the FIFA presidency, he still has a lot of work to do just to get on the ballot.
- Platini has big decision in great game for FIFA throne Updated: Jun-20-15 2:17 am
GENEVA - After years of waiting, Michel Platini's destiny with FIFA is coming faster than he thought.
- Former Seattle US attorney now represents FIFA amid scandal Updated: Jun-18-15 7:52 pm
SEATTLE - Former Seattle U.S. Attorney Jenny Durkan is on the legal team representing FIFA amid its corruption scandal.
- Liberia soccer chief announces run for FIFA presidency Updated: Jun-18-15 4:18 pm
LONDON - Liberia's soccer chief launched a bid on Thursday to succeed Sepp Blatter, pledging to eradicate corruption and ensure fans trust FIFA again by being a unifying leader who stops power being concentrated at the top.
- Belgium weighs compensation claim for losing World Cup bid Updated: Jun-18-15 9:08 am
BRUSSELS - Belgium's football federation could seek compensation for the money spent on its unsuccessful bid for the 2018 World Cup if there evidence of criminal wrongdoing in FIFA's choice of Russia as host.
- Blatter not going to New Zealand for U20 World Cup final Updated: Jun-16-15 6:35 am
ZURICH - FIFA President Sepp Blatter will not go to New Zealand for the Under-20 World Cup final on Saturday.
- FIFA's Blazer agreed to act undercover for US prosecutors Updated: Jun-15-15 9:15 pm
Former FIFA executive committee member Chuck Blazer agreed to act undercover for U.S. prosecutors and has been cooperating since at least 2011 in the government's investigation of soccer corruption.
- Depardieu intervened for widely panned FIFA movie Updated: Jun-15-15 10:19 am
PARIS - Actor Gerard Depardieu personally intervened to persuade the Cannes Film Festival to show the FIFA-funded movie "United Passions" that sank almost without trace at the box office after being panned by critics.
- Swiss federal prosecutor to address FIFA World Cup bids case Updated: Jun-15-15 4:29 am
BERN, Switzerland - Switzerland's federal prosecutor will talk about his criminal investigation of FIFA's 2018 and 2022 World Cup bid contests for the first time on Wednesday.
- Ireland shreds game programs over CEO's FIFA crisis comments Updated: Jun-13-15 12:32 pm
DUBLIN - The Football Association of Ireland says it shredded the 18,000 programs for Saturday's Euro 2016 qualifier against Scotland because they contained comments about the FIFA crisis.
- Interpol suspends $22M FIFA project during corruption crisis Updated: Jun-12-15 6:45 am
GENEVA - Interpol suspended its 10-year, 20 million euro ($22.4 million) partnership with FIFA on Friday while soccer's governing body is implicated in bribery allegations.
- Blatter spokesman De Gregorio to leave FIFA immediately Updated: Jun-11-15 8:32 am
- Former Brazil star Zico wants to run for FIFA president Updated: Jun-10-15 9:09 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Former Brazil star Zico wants to run for the presidency of FIFA, even though he believes the odds are stacked against him being elected.
- Swiss attorney general seizes evidence from FIFA offices Updated: Jun-10-15 2:00 pm
BERN, Switzerland - The Swiss attorney-general's office says it has seized more evidence from FIFA headquarters for its investigation into the 2018 and 2022 World Cup bidding contests.
- Messi, Neymar try not to be upstaged at Copa America Updated: Jun-10-15 9:53 am
- Platini declines to say if he will seek FIFA presidency Updated: Jun-10-15 6:27 am
PARIS - Michel Platini declined to divulge his intentions for the FIFA presidency.