- FIFA to send in emergency panel to run Argentina soccer body Updated: Jun-24-16 2:36 pm
ZURICH - FIFA says it has taken control of Argentina's soccer federation from the current leadership and will help pick an emergency panel to manage its affairs.
- Troubled Croatian soccer in harsh spotlight at Euro 2016 Updated: Jun-17-16 5:21 pm
PARIS - Croatia fans have a habit of disrupting and delaying matches at the European Championship.
- FIFA welcomes decision of auditor KPMG to resign duties Updated: Jun-13-16 9:22 am
ZURICH - FIFA says it welcomes a decision by its long-time financial auditor KPMG to resign.
- End of the old boys club? FIFA moves spur hope for equity Updated: Jun-11-16 8:22 pm
As the drumbeat for gender equity in soccer grows louder with the approach of the Olympics in Rio, there are signs that women's issues are being taken seriously by FIFA.
- UEFA bid to invite Platini to Euros may be thwarted by FIFA Updated: Jun-08-16 3:52 pm
PARIS - UEFA's bid to invite its banned president Michel Platini to the European Championship might be thwarted by FIFA's ethics panel insisting Wednesday that he cannot give the impression of still "acting as a football official."
- FIFA clears Chelsea, Salah of breaking contract rules Updated: Jun-08-16 11:43 am
ZURICH - FIFA has cleared Chelsea and Mohamed Salah of breaking contract rules when the Egypt midfielder joined Roma on loan.
- Blatter $M bonuses, police raid revealed in FIFA turmoil Updated: Jun-03-16 5:46 pm
GENEVA - Sepp Blatter's $12 million bonus from the 2014 World Cup and yet another police raid for evidence of financial crimes at FIFA revealed the turmoil at soccer's world body was far from over.
- Rival officials brawl at Nigeria soccer federation HQ Updated: Jun-03-16 1:59 pm
Rival officials brawled at the headquarters of Nigerian soccer on Friday after a group which claims it should be in charge broke down the front door, forced its way in, and punched the head spokesman and another staff member, the national federation said.
- The Latest: Blatter says FIFA payments were fair Updated: Jun-03-16 12:10 pm
ZURICH - The Latest on the FIFA investigation (all times local):
- Peruvian court approves extradition to US of ex-soccer boss Updated: Jun-02-16 5:47 pm
LIMA, Peru - Peru's Supreme Court has cleared the way for the extradition to the U.S. of the country's former soccer boss for his alleged involvement in multibillion-dollar FIFA bribery scandal involving marketing and broadcasting rights.
- Ex-FIFA adviser: Scala exit damages reform at soccer body Updated: Jun-02-16 7:35 am
GENEVA - The departure of FIFA audit panel chairman Domenico Scala in a dispute with President Gianni Infantino will hurt efforts to reform the scandal-hit soccer body, former anti-corruption adviser Michael Hershman said Thursday.
- Putin, Infantino say Russia is on track for 2018 World Cup Updated: Jun-01-16 3:12 pm
MOSCOW - Stadium construction for the 2018 World Cup is on schedule, Russian President Vladimir Putin said Wednesday, contradicting recent reports of delays and cost increases.
- New FIFA official Fatma Samoura arrives in Zurich Updated: May-30-16 12:20 pm
ZURICH - FIFA's new top administrator, United Nations official Fatma Samoura, has met staff in Zurich for the first time and will start work on June 20.