- FIFA sponsors demand 'independent oversight' of reforms Updated: Dec-01-15 3:26 pm
LONDON - Five World Cup sponsors have written to FIFA's executive committee demanding "independent oversight" of the reform process in their latest intervention that highlights concerns about their links to soccer's scandal-battered governing body.
- Former FIFA president Joao Havelange hospitalized in Rio Updated: Nov-27-15 2:23 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Former FIFA president Joao Havelange is being treated in a Rio de Janeiro hospital for respiratory problems.
- Spain to pay FIFA reduced fine in Barcelona transfer case Updated: Nov-27-15 12:53 pm
ZURICH - FIFA says sport's highest court has cut the fine Spain's soccer federation must pay for breaking transfer rules when Barcelona signed youth players from abroad.
- Del Nero quits FIFA executive committee; Sarney takes over Updated: Nov-26-15 3:07 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - The Brazilian Football Confederation said its president Marco Polo del Nero stepped down Thursday from FIFA's executive committee and will be replaced by Fernando Sarney.
- FIFA donates 48 luxury watches to non-profit organization Updated: Nov-26-15 12:01 pm
GENEVA - FIFA's unethical weakness for luxury watches earned a windfall for a soccer charity working in Brazil.
- Chile FF president in Miami after resigning amid FIFA probe Updated: Nov-25-15 1:12 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - The whereabouts of the former president of Chile's soccer federation has been solved.
- FIFA ethics committee seeks life ban against Michel Platini Updated: Nov-24-15 12:23 pm
PARIS - The FIFA ethics committee has requested a life ban for Michel Platini, the Frenchman's lawyer said Tuesday, a move that would rule the UEFA president out of the race to succeed Sepp Blatter.
- FIFA executive committee to make progress on reforms Updated: Nov-24-15 5:14 am
ZURICH - The FIFA executive committee will discuss ongoing reforms for the scandal-scarred soccer body at a meeting in Zurich next week.
- Franz Beckenbauer says 'I signed everything* Updated: Nov-20-15 4:04 pm
FRANKFURT, Germany - Franz Beckenbauer says a contract he signed with former high-ranking FIFA official Jack Warner ahead of the vote to decide the host of the 2006 World Cup was an aid package.
- FIFA to draw African World Cup qualifying groups in June Updated: Nov-20-15 8:55 am
ZURICH - The final round of African qualifying groups for the 2018 World Cup will be drawn in June.
- Russia 2018 World Cup CEO defends Mutko's reputation Updated: Nov-19-15 11:35 am
ZURICH - The reputation of Russia's 2018 World Cup organizing head is not at risk in the country's athletics doping scandal, the tournament CEO insisted on Thursday.
- Prince Ali: Violence shouldn't force soccer out of countries Updated: Nov-18-15 1:06 pm
LONDON - Violence should not force teams to play matches outside their home countries, FIFA presidential candidate Prince Ali bin al-Hussein said Wednesday.
- 3 FIFA candidates to meet with European voters in Denmark Updated: Nov-17-15 9:55 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - FIFA presidential candidates will seek support from six European voters in Copenhagen next week.
- FIFA VP Villar warned, fined $25K in World Cup bid case Updated: Nov-13-15 6:56 am
GENEVA - FIFA vice president Angel Maria Villar was warned and fined 25,000 Swiss francs ($25,000) Friday for misconduct during the 2018-2022 World Cup bid investigation.
- AP Interview: FIFA hopeful Infantino plans 40-team World Cup Updated: Nov-10-15 12:03 pm
LONDON - The World Cup could be expanded by eight teams to 40 if Gianni Infantino is elected FIFA president.
- USSF recommends ban on headers for players 10 and under Updated: Nov-09-15 9:18 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The U.S. Soccer Federation is recommending a ban on headers for players 10 and under, limits for players between 11 and 13 and having medical professionals rather than coaches make decisions on whether players suspected of concussions can remain in games.
- Russia, track & field to be targeted in Pound's WADA report Updated: Nov-08-15 11:42 am
GENEVA - A World Anti-Doping Agency panel will deliver its findings Monday into allegations of extortion and cover-ups involving Russian doping - a report that one of the investigators said exposes "a whole different scale of corruption" from the FIFA scandal.
- Napout: New president not enough to solve FIFA crisis Updated: Nov-07-15 4:52 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - Electing a new president will not dig FIFA out of the worst crisis in its 111-year history, the head of South American football said on Saturday.
- FIFA hopeful Ali takes diplomatic path to presidential goal Updated: Nov-05-15 6:00 pm
GENEVA - In a FIFA election now more open than expected, Prince Ali bin al-Hussein has changed his strategy since Michel Platini was caught up in a corruption scandal.
- German authorities raid soccer federation over FIFA payment Updated: Nov-03-15 9:06 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - The president of the German soccer federation and two former high-ranking officials are the targets of a tax evasion probe over a payment to FIFA in connection with the 2006 World Cup, authorities said Tuesday.
- Swiss bank UBS cooperating with FIFA investigation Updated: Nov-03-15 8:40 am
ZURICH - Swiss bank UBS says it is "cooperating with authorities" who are investigating financial corruption linked to FIFA.