- German goalkeeper Nadine Angerer faces her retirement Updated: Aug-29-15 5:20 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Nadine Angerer long ago started a bucket list of what she wants to do in retirement.
- FIFA contender Platini refuses to talk election issues Updated: Aug-28-15 1:15 pm
MONACO - Michel Platini apologized Friday for refusing to discuss FIFA issues at his first news conference since announcing his bid for president of the governing body last month.
- FIFA and CONMEBOL to audit Bolivia Football Federation Updated: Aug-26-15 4:36 pm
ASUNCION, Paraguay - CONMEBOL and FIFA will audit the finances of the Bolivian Football Federation, whose leader was jailed for alleged corruption, the president of South America's soccer confederation said on Wednesday.
- Platini's credentials as reformer questioned by FIFA rival Updated: Aug-26-15 2:36 pm
LONDON - As Michel Platini prepares to reveal his FIFA presidential vision, a rival contender is launching his campaign by questioning the UEFA leader's long-standing association with Sepp Blatter and his credentials to reform the scandal-tainted governing body.
- Ex CONMEBOL head asks end of US extradition request Updated: Aug-24-15 5:31 pm
ASUNCION, Paraguay - A lawyer for the former president of South America's soccer confederation is requesting a Paraguayan judge to throw out a request by U.S. prosecutors to extradite him to the United States where he has been charged in a corruption scandal.
- Former FIFA, UEFA official Mayer-Vorfelder dies at 82 Updated: Aug-18-15 5:02 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - Gerhard Mayer-Vorfelder, a former FIFA and UEFA official who also served as the president of the German soccer federation, has died. He was 82.
- UEFA urges FIFA to investigate alleged smear of Platini Updated: Aug-16-15 4:35 pm
GENEVA - UEFA has complained to FIFA about an alleged attempt to discredit its president Michel Platini, who is currently the favorite to succeed Sepp Blatter as head of the world governing body.
- Prosecutor seeks extradition of more FIFA defendants Updated: Aug-14-15 12:48 pm
NEW YORK - A U.S. prosecutor says his office is in extradition negotiations with lawyers of defendants in the FIFA (FEE'-fuh) bribery soccer probe.
- Blatter urges European soccer to revive his '6 plus 5' rule Updated: Aug-13-15 12:32 pm
ZURICH - FIFA President Sepp Blatter has asked western Europe for "a little good will" to follow Russia and limit foreign players in club lineups.
- Soccer player treated for cancer wins case over stopped pay Updated: Aug-12-15 6:51 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - A football player whose contract was suspended by his club while he was treated for cancer has been awarded "moral damages" of around $60,000.
- FIFA picks Olympic veteran Carrard to lead reform task force Updated: Aug-11-15 12:06 pm
GENEVA - FIFA has turned to Francois Carrard, who helped oversee cleaning up the IOC after the Salt Lake City bidding scandal, to chair a group leading reforms of football's corruption-hit governing body.
- Prince Ali: FIFA cannot be credible while Blatter leads Updated: Aug-10-15 12:02 pm
GENEVA - FIFA cannot make credible changes in the last months of Sepp Blatter's leadership of the scandal-hit body, former presidential candidate Prince Ali bin al-Hussein said Monday.
- CONCACAF fires top official Sanz over FIFA bribery claims Updated: Aug-07-15 12:18 pm
MIAMI - CONCACAF has fired its secretary general, Enrique Sanz, who is implicated in a U.S. Department of Justice investigation of corruption in football.
- Sepp Blatter's term as IOC member ends Updated: Aug-03-15 2:11 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Outgoing FIFA president Sepp Blatter's 16-year term as an International Olympic Committee member ended Monday when he did not seek re-election.