- Japan scales back Tokyo 2020 Olympic stadium plans Updated: Aug-28-15 4:11 am
TOKYO - Japan's government has approved a plan to reduce the seating and slash the construction cost of the main stadium for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics after public opposition to the initial design.
- IOC wants Japan's main stadium ready by January 2020 Updated: Aug-25-15 7:44 am
TOKYO - A top International Olympic Committee official urged Japan on Tuesday to speed up the troubled construction of Tokyo's new national stadium for delivery by January 2020, but the Japanese minister in charge of the Games cautioned this may not be possible.
- Australian sailors wary of Rio debris as much as pollution Updated: Aug-13-15 8:32 pm
A 35-person team of Australian sailors, coaches and support crew begin competing in test events this week for next year's Summer Olympics on pollution-plagued Guanabara Bay in Rio de Janeiro, concerned as much about the floating debris that could affect the results of racing as the "horrible" sewage-filled water.
- USOC optimistic Los Angeles will bid for 2024 Olympics Updated: Aug-12-15 7:45 pm
This time, U.S. Olympic leaders are looking to Los Angeles as a bidder for the 2024 Olympics - a city that actually wants to host the games.
- FIFA picks Olympic veteran Carrard to lead reform task force Updated: Aug-11-15 12:06 pm
GENEVA - FIFA has turned to Francois Carrard, who helped oversee cleaning up the IOC after the Salt Lake City bidding scandal, to chair a group leading reforms of football's corruption-hit governing body.
- Rio Olympics: 1 year away and mayor says all will be ready Updated: Aug-05-15 3:02 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Exactly one year ahead of the start of Rio de Janeiro's Olympics, Mayor Eduardo Paes said on Wednesday that all the venues are running on schedule and will be delivered in time for next year's games - a feat he compared to a "miracle."
- IOC ready to act if Olympic medals affected by doping Updated: Aug-03-15 3:11 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - The IOC will take action against any Olympic athletes if they are found guilty of the latest doping allegations rocking the sport of track and field, IOC President Thomas Bach said Monday.
- Sepp Blatter's term as IOC member ends Updated: Aug-03-15 2:11 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Outgoing FIFA president Sepp Blatter's 16-year term as an International Olympic Committee member ended Monday when he did not seek re-election.