- IOC wants Tokyo organizers to finalize plans for new stadium Updated: Jun-30-15 5:17 am
TOKYO - Tokyo organizers of the 2020 Olympics have been asked to finalize plans for the main stadium by the International Olympic Committee after it was confirmed that building costs have almost doubled.
- Boston 2024 Olympics organizers update $4.6B bid Updated: Jun-29-15 5:51 pm
BOSTON - The group trying to bring the 2024 Olympics to Boston released the most detailed look yet at its bid for the Summer Games on Monday, unveiling a $4.6 billion plan it says would create thousands of jobs and housing units, expand the city's tax base and leave behind a vastly-improved regional transit system - all with a $210 million surplus.
- Discovery secures European Olympic TV rights through 2024 Updated: Jun-29-15 10:15 am
LONDON - U.S.-based media giant Discovery Communications Inc. secured the European broadcast rights for four Olympics through 2024 on Monday in a landmark deal worth 1.3 billion euros ($1.45 billion).
- Raducan asks IOC for gold medal back from 2000 Olympics Updated: Jun-26-15 10:55 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Fifteen years after being stripped of her Olympic gold medal following a positive drug test, former Romanian gymnast Andreea Raducan went to the IOC to see if she could get it back. She got sympathy, but not the medal.
- Ricci Bitti elected new head of sports industry convention Updated: Jun-25-15 1:18 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - International Tennis Federation president Francesco Ricci Bitti is taking over as head of the SportAccord Convention as the conference looks for a host next year to replace Sochi.
- Allez Paris: French capital launches bid for 2024 Olympics Updated: Jun-23-15 12:27 pm
PARIS - Declaring they have learned from their past mistakes and failures, French officials launched a bid Tuesday to bring the Olympics to Paris in 2024 - 100 years after the games were last held in the city.
- Azerbaijan says 2024 Olympic bid possible Updated: Jun-23-15 12:21 pm
BAKU, Azerbaijan - Azerbaijan could bid for the 2024 Olympics after hosting this month's European Games but wants IOC requirements on the host nation to be reduced, the country's sports minister said Tuesday.
- Paris becomes 4th city to join race for 2024 Olympic Games Updated: Jun-23-15 9:33 am
PARIS - Paris declared its candidacy for the 2024 Olympics on Tuesday, becoming the fourth city to enter the race and setting out its vision for bringing the games back to the French capital for the first time in 100 years.
- Beijing says snow is no problem for 2022 Winter Olympic bid Updated: Jun-23-15 8:59 am
BEIJING - Beijing is driving home assurances that providing plenty of good quality snow for the skiing events won't be a problem if it wins the right to host the 2022 Winter Olympics.
- Baseball-softball among 8 sports proposed for 2020 Games Updated: Jun-22-15 6:23 am
TOKYO - Baseball and softball remain on course to get back into the Olympics. Squash, karate, surfing and four other sports are in contention to get into the games for the first time.
- IOC's Bach praises European Games harmony Updated: Jun-14-15 9:26 am
BAKU, Azerbaijan - International Olympic Committee president Thomas Bach has praised the inaugural European Games for promoting harmony between peoples even as political tensions threaten to overshadow the sporting action.
- IOC sanctions Ukrainian swimmer in London doping case Updated: Jun-12-15 1:41 pm
LONDON - A Ukrainian open water swimmer was disqualified from the 2012 London Olympics on Friday after testing positive for EPO in a reanalysis of her doping samples.
- Tibetan protesters disrupt Beijing bid at Lausanne hotel Updated: Jun-10-15 11:02 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - A small group of Tibetan protesters on Wednesday disrupted a display of Beijing's bid plans for the 2022 Winter Olympics.
- IOC members: Almaty narrows gap in 2022 race with Beijing Updated: Jun-10-15 10:57 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Almaty managed to win the attention of IOC members. The next challenge is to win their votes.
- Bach: FIFA must go through 'painful experience' to reform Updated: Jun-08-15 3:48 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Saying there is "no comparison" in the scale of the IOC's Salt Lake City scandal and FIFA's corruption crisis, IOC President Thomas Bach urged soccer's governing body to take the "painful" steps needed to clean itself up and restore credibility in the organization.
- Man who led IOC scandal probe: 'It may be too late for FIFA' Updated: Jun-06-15 10:07 am
LONDON - A global sports organization pummeled by a corruption scandal. The president under pressure to resign. The U.S. Justice Department and FBI leading the investigation. Sponsors clamoring for reform.
- The Latest: Irish FA publishes full contract with FIFA Updated: Jun-05-15 6:10 pm
2155 GMT (5:55 p.m. EDT)