- Senior Taliban figure says death of leader could unify group Updated: May-24-16 10:42 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - The death of the leader of the Afghan Taliban in a U.S. drone strike last week could make the insurgent movement stronger by bringing back dissident commanders and unifying the movement's ranks, a senior Afghan Taliban figure said on Tuesday.
- Iran and India sign port deal, other economic agreements Updated: May-23-16 3:30 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - India said Monday it will invest up to $500 million in a deal to develop a strategic port in Iran and both countries planned a number of projects they say are worth hundreds of millions of dollars.
- Official: Iran to try to 'speed up' held Lebanese man's case Updated: May-23-16 7:29 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Iran "will try to speed up" the case involving a detained U.S. permanent resident who advocates Internet freedom, an official said Monday, making the first government acknowledgement of the man's detention.
- Maldives cuts diplomatic ties with Iran Updated: May-17-16 5:08 pm
COLOMBO, Sri Lanka - The government of the Maldives said Tuesday it has decided to sever 40-year-old diplomatic ties with Iran, saying the country's policies in the Middle East are detrimental to peace and security in the region.
- Navy officer fired over Iran's detention of 10 sailors Updated: May-12-16 6:26 pm
WASHINGTON - The Navy has fired the commander of the 10 American sailors who wandered into Iranian territorial waters in the Persian Gulf and were captured and held by Iran for about 15 hours.
- Iran's atomic chief visits Prague to talk nuclear business Updated: May-02-16 2:01 pm
PRAGUE - With sanctions lifted, the head of Iran's nuclear program came to talk business with Czech leaders.
- Iran leader urges for nuclear weapons-free Korean Peninsula Updated: May-02-16 1:21 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's President Hassan Rouhani on Monday appealed for a Korean Peninsula free of nuclear weapons during a visit to Tehran by his South Korean counterpart, the official IRNA news agency reported.