- AP Source: Seahawks, Jackson agree on 1-year contract Updated: Sep-04-15 10:12 pm
The Seattle Seahawks and free-agent running back Fred Jackson agreed to terms on a one-year deal Friday, according to a person familiar with the contract talks.
- Eagles clear spot for Tebow, trading Barkley to Cardinals Updated: Sep-04-15 8:53 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Tim Tebow made Matt Barkley expendable.
- Cardinals add Barkley, young QB must learn difficult offense Updated: Sep-04-15 7:15 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - The Arizona Cardinals didn't have to give up much to take a look at quarterback Matt Barkley to see if he might fit in the team's long-term plans.
- 49ers cut DL Darnell Dockett, 5 others Updated: Sep-04-15 4:05 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - The San Francisco 49ers have released defensive lineman Darnell Dockett and five other players.
- Ellington has 70-yard touchdown catch, 49ers beat Chargers Updated: Sep-04-15 2:15 am
SANTA CLARA, California - Colin Kaepernick donned a red cap and sneakers, offered a quick side hug to third-string quarterback Dylan Thompson, then took his spot on the sideline for the San Francisco 49ers' 14-12 win against San Diego on Thursday night.
- Lockett's early TD sends Seattle to 31-21 win over Oakland Updated: Sep-04-15 2:11 am
SEATTLE - If there was such an award, Seattle Seahawks rookie Tyler Lockett would be the clear MVP of the preseason.
- Johnson helps Cardinals beat Broncos 22-20 Updated: Sep-04-15 1:38 am
- Chiefs beat Rams 24-17, finish preseason unbeaten Updated: Sep-04-15 12:36 am
ST. LOUIS - The Kansas City Chiefs rested all of their regulars and still finished the preseason unbeaten.
- Playing cornerback in Seattle means learning the technique Updated: Sep-04-15 12:09 am
RENTON, Washington - Kris Richard makes it sound like some covert activity. That sharing this information will is somehow equate a security leak.
- Mayor gives 'word' at rally touting stadium progress Updated: Sep-03-15 9:35 pm
ST. LOUIS - Mayor Francis Slay attended a rally touting progress of a task force to develop a new stadium on the downtown riverfront, giving fans his "word" there would be a new stadium and the Rams would be playing in it.
- Former 49ers owner DeBartolo Jr. finalist for Hall of Fame Updated: Sep-02-15 6:00 pm
CANTON, Ohio - Edward DeBartolo Jr., who as owner of the 49ers helped build one of the NFL's dynasties, is a finalist for the 2016 class of the Pro Football Hall of Fame as a contributor.
- Much-criticized Humphries finally gets an Arians compliment Updated: Sep-02-15 5:29 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - No one has drawn more criticism from Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians in the preseason than first-round draft pick D.J. Humphries.
- Architects reveal plans for proposed St. Louis Rams stadium Updated: Sep-02-15 3:01 pm
ST. LOUIS - The architects for a proposed new stadium for the St. Louis Rams said they want it to serve as a public meeting place when football isn't being played.
- St. Louis Rams to practice at Scott Air Force Base Updated: Sep-02-15 5:23 am
SCOTT AIR FORCE BASE, Illinois - Twenty-two military personnel from Scott Air Force Base will join the St. Louis Rams on the practice field as the team prepares for the start of the NFL season.
- Raiders to go with Howard at right tackle Updated: Sep-01-15 9:03 pm
ALAMEDA, California - With less than two weeks before the Oakland Raiders' season-opener, Austin Howard doesn't have much time to ease into his role as the team's starting right tackle.
- Case Keenum wins job as Rams backup QB Updated: Sep-01-15 5:39 pm
ST. LOUIS - When the Rams pulled off their blockbuster trade of Sam Bradford to the Eagles for Nick Foles back in the offseason, they also sent a seventh-round pick to the Texans to re-acquire Case Keenum.
- Chiefs tight end Kelce out with ankle injury Updated: Sep-01-15 5:10 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Tight end Travis Kelce will miss the Chiefs' preseason finale Thursday night against St. Louis after spraining his ankle in practice earlier this week.
- Rams still unsure who will start at center Updated: Aug-31-15 9:06 pm
ST. LOUIS - Heading into the preseason finale, the St. Louis Rams are unsettled at center.
- LB Alexander, P Zastudil among 11 players cut by Cardinals Updated: Aug-31-15 7:15 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - Outside linebacker and longtime special teams standout Lorenzo Alexander and veteran punter Dave Zastudil were among 11 players released by the Arizona Cardinals on Monday.
- Kilgore goes on reserve/physically unable to perform list Updated: Aug-31-15 7:12 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - The San Francisco 49ers have placed center Daniel Kilgore on the reserve/physically unable to perform list as he works back from a second procedure on his left fibula that he fractured last October.
- Panthers acquire Seahawks WR Norwood for 2017 draft pick Updated: Aug-31-15 4:45 pm
- Starting offenses struggle, Cardinals beat Raiders 30-23 Updated: Aug-31-15 12:51 am
OAKLAND, California - Even though Carson Palmer spent much of the first half on his back and running from the Oakland defense, Arizona coach Bruce Arians is not concerned about his offensive line.
- Tomsula: LB Brooks won't return to 49ers practice this week Updated: Aug-30-15 8:00 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Outside linebacker Ahmad Brooks will not practice this coming week with the San Francisco 49ers, who sent him away from the team after he was charged with misdemeanor sexual battery Wednesday.
- Penalties keep piling up for Rams Updated: Aug-30-15 6:53 pm
ST. LOUIS - Penalties remain an issue for the St. Louis Rams as the opener looms. They're 0-3 in the preseason after hurting themselves yet again.
- Mason uncertain for season opener Updated: Aug-30-15 5:35 pm
ST. LOUIS - Rams running back Tre Mason, the likely starter while Todd Gurley rehabs from knee surgery, has been ruled out of the preseason finale with a right hamstring injury.