- Credit impact unclear amid fight over new St. Louis stadium Updated: Aug-27-15 7:50 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - It's unclear whether halting payments for the current St. Louis football stadium, or refusing to make them for a potential new stadium, would hurt the state's high credit rating, a state official told Missouri lawmakers Thursday.
- Wilson says he did not have a concussion in NFC title game Updated: Aug-27-15 7:05 pm
RENTON, Washington - Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson said Thursday he did not suffer a concussion in the NFC championship game against Green Bay, a day after comments in an article in Rolling Stone indicated Wilson may have suffered a head injury.
- Linebacker Ahmad Brooks sent home by 49ers Updated: Aug-27-15 6:56 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Linebacker Ahmad Brooks has been banished from the San Francisco 49ers after being charged with misdemeanor sexual battery.
- Cardinals anticipate end of training camp Updated: Aug-27-15 6:09 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - So what's with those smiles on the faces of Arizona Cardinals players?
- Grand jury indicts former 49er Ray McDonald on rape charge Updated: Aug-26-15 9:26 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A Santa Clara County grand jury indicted former San Francisco 49ers defensive lineman Ray McDonald on one count of rape of an intoxicated person.
- Seahawks LB Kevin Pierre-Louis pushing for playing time Updated: Aug-26-15 7:02 pm
RENTON, Washington - It doesn't take long for the speed of Kevin Pierre-Louis to catch your eye.
- Old friends Bethea, Manning reunite at 49ers-Denver practice Updated: Aug-26-15 6:42 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Antoine Bethea faced Peyton Manning in practice when they were teammates for five seasons, so it was no surprise he intercepted the veteran during Wednesday's joint session between San Francisco and Denver.
- Program says safety, but Bucannon more of a linebacker Updated: Aug-26-15 5:46 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - When the Arizona Cardinals selected Deone Bucannon in the first round of the 2014 draft, they envisioned a hard-hitting safety prowling the secondary.
- Rams WR Quick back from significant shoulder injury Updated: Aug-26-15 5:23 pm
ST. LOUIS - It's been a long road back for Brian Quick. The finish line is in sight for the St. Louis Rams wide receiver.
- AP source: Cowboys' Scandrick out for year with knee injury Updated: Aug-26-15 12:42 am
Orlando Scandrick's season is over before it started after the Dallas cornerback tore two ligaments in his right knee in practice at training camp Tuesday.
- RB Gurley back on field for Rams Updated: Aug-25-15 10:08 pm
ST. LOUIS - Rams rookie running back Todd Gurley didn't get a lot of reps during Tuesday's practice, but the No. 10 overall pick in the 2015 Draft took another step forward in his return from knee surgery.
- B.J. Daniels trying to earn spot at receiver for Seahawks Updated: Aug-25-15 6:29 pm
RENTON, Washington - B.J. Daniels has played football since he was 6 years old and never played any position other than quarterback.
- Police arrest man accused of scamming Seahawks tickets Updated: Aug-25-15 10:58 am
SEATTLE - Just before the second preseason game of the year, Seattle police nabbed a person for selling stolen Seahawks tickets, and they're warning that scams will likely continue.
- Cardinals look to improve pass blocking in camp's final week Updated: Aug-24-15 7:08 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - The No. 1 priority for the Arizona Cardinals' offensive line is to keep Carson Palmer upright.
- NaVorro Bowman's first game back from injury memorable Updated: Aug-24-15 6:39 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Jim Tomsula has said it over and over again: He reserves the right to back off NaVorro Bowman if he senses the star middle linebacker might need a break.
- Chiefs' Alex Smith laying blame for struggles on knowledge Updated: Aug-24-15 5:05 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - When the Chiefs traded for Alex Smith, one of the reasons that general manager John Dorsey and coach Andy Reid were so enamored of him was his vast knowledge of the game.
- Defensive lineman Mike Purcell's pick-6 highlight for 49ers Updated: Aug-24-15 12:41 am
SANTA CLARA, California - Long black hair swinging from his helmet, 303-pound defensive lineman Mike Purcell - not strong-armed quarterback Colin Kaepernick - provided the highlight touchdown of the night for the San Francisco 49ers.
- Titans beat Rams 27-14, spoiling coach Jeff Fisher's return Updated: Aug-24-15 12:16 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Marcus Mariota had every reason to struggle when the communicator device in the Tennessee quarterback's helmet quit working two plays into the first drive of his second preseason game.
- Cowboys owner Jones apologizes to 49ers for grass comment Updated: Aug-24-15 12:00 am
- Rookie Johnson has strong debut, Chargers win on final FG Updated: Aug-23-15 2:35 am
GLENDALE, Arizona - David Johnson needed a couple of plays to realize that life as an NFL running back is a lot different than it was at Northern Iowa.
- Chiefs hold off Seahawks 14-13 in second preseason game Updated: Aug-22-15 12:33 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Chiefs coach Andy Reid insists he has a handle on who will start along the offensive line when Kansas City opens the regular season, assuming a couple guys get healthy.
- Cowboys concerned with 49ers' turf for preseason game Updated: Aug-21-15 8:24 pm
OXNARD, California - Dallas owner Jerry Jones suggested Friday that the Cowboys could sit quarterback Tony Romo and other starters for a preseason game in San Francisco over concerns with the troublesome turf at Levi's Stadium.
- Mariota wants to protect ball after rough preseason debut Updated: Aug-21-15 7:34 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Marcus Mariota knows exactly what he wants out of his home debut, and it's what his father has been telling him to do since high school.
- Redskins acquire TE Carrier from 49ers for undisclosed pick Updated: Aug-21-15 6:58 pm
- 49ers' Jimmie Ward eager to stay on field in second year Updated: Aug-21-15 6:54 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Jimmie Ward is wearing a snazzy new shoe these days. Not that it's even noticeable.