- Missouri House speaker letter blasts state money for stadium Updated: Oct-13-15 10:50 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri's House speaker is seeking signatures for a letter to Gov. Jay Nixon that slams a plan to use state money for a new St. Louis football stadium without lawmaker or voter approval.
- Cardinals sign Dwight Freeney, place LB Kenny Demens on IR Updated: Oct-13-15 4:51 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - The Arizona Cardinals confirmed the signing of veteran defensive end/outside linebacker Dwight Freeney and placed linebacker Kenny Demens on injured reserve Tuesday.
- Yet another 4th-quarter collapse hanging over Seahawks Updated: Oct-12-15 8:35 pm
RENTON, Washington - Pete Carroll could have been talking about the season opener at St. Louis, or Week 2 in Green Bay, or even the Super Bowl loss last February to New England.
- Packers defense leads the way to win over Rams Updated: Oct-12-15 8:32 pm
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - For a guy whose usually prolific offense hasn't put up the kind of numbers it's accustomed to the past few weeks, Green Bay Packers coach Mike McCarthy was in a good mood Monday.
- Fisher refuses to lay blame at Foles' feet Updated: Oct-12-15 8:12 pm
ST. LOUIS - Jeff Fisher isn't placing all the blame on Nick Foles.
- Cardinals roll into W. Virginia to prepare for Steelers Updated: Oct-12-15 8:00 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - The Arizona Cardinals rolled into West Virginia on the heels of yet another blowout victory, staying in the East to prepare for Sunday's game at Pittsburgh.
- 49ers find things to build on in fourth straight loss Updated: Oct-12-15 7:53 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Sure, after that long cross-country flight, a tired coach Jim Tomsula could still point to some improvements in yet another disappointing defeat.
- USC fires Steve Sarkisian 1 day after putting coach on leave Updated: Oct-12-15 7:05 pm
LOS ANGELES - Southern California fired Steve Sarkisian on Monday, one day after the troubled football coach was put on leave.
- Unbeaten Bengals have grown up this season Updated: Oct-12-15 6:55 pm
CINCINNATI - The unbeaten Bengals treated it like a playoff game.
- Long week to week with knee injury; Rams unsure on Saffold Updated: Oct-12-15 6:36 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Rams defensive end Chris Long is week to week with a right knee injury and the team anticipates guard Rodger Saffold will miss some time with a shoulder injury.
- AP Source: Dwight Freeney agrees to 1-year deal with Cards Updated: Oct-12-15 6:20 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - The Arizona Cardinals have signed veteran defensive end/outside linebacker Dwight Freeney to a one-year contract, a person with knowledge of the situation said Monday.
- Carroll rides hot hand until overtime and pays price Updated: Oct-12-15 3:08 pm
A week after benefiting from a non-call by the back judge on the "illegal bat" by K.J. Wright, Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll made the curious call of not getting the ball into Thomas Rawls' hands in overtime at Cincinnati.
- Easy day for Palmer in Arizona's 42-17 rout of Lions Updated: Oct-12-15 10:48 am
DETROIT - Carson Palmer threw only 14 passes, and the Arizona Cardinals still rolled to another high-scoring rout.
- Dalton's poise rubs off as Bengals beat Seahawks 27-24 in OT Updated: Oct-12-15 2:46 am
CINCINNATI - Andy Dalton has never been so confident. It shows when it matters most.
- Rodgers' streak ends, D lifts Packers in 24-10 win over Rams Updated: Oct-12-15 2:45 am
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - The Packers will probably always be known more for offense as long as they have quarterback Aaron Rodgers.
- Manning's TD pass with 0:21 left lifts Giants past 49ers Updated: Oct-12-15 2:42 am
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - As Eli Manning looked around the huddle, there were a few folks the Giants quarterback wouldn't expect to see during a critical drive.
- Improvement on offense doesn't help 49ers end losing streak Updated: Oct-12-15 1:12 am
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - The San Francisco 49ers found their missing offense. They just missed finding the win column again.
- Manning's TD pass with 0:21 left lifts Giants past 49ers Updated: Oct-12-15 12:44 am
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - Eli Manning took a sip of a drink on the sideline, then slammed down the cup. Not in frustration, but in celebration.
- Packers' defense backs Rodgers in 24-10 win over Rams Updated: Oct-11-15 9:20 pm
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - Aaron Rodgers' remarkable run of mistake-free football at home is over. Green Bay, though, is still perfect this season.
- Stafford benched after 3 INTs, Lions routed by Arizona 42-17 Updated: Oct-11-15 9:12 pm
DETROIT - Boos, benchings and a blowout: The Detroit Lions sank to new depths in their latest defeat.
- Palmer throws 3 TDs to help Cardinals dominate Lions 42-17 Updated: Oct-11-15 8:58 pm
DETROIT - Carson Palmer earned a break. Matthew Stafford was forced to sit.
- 49ers without TE Vernon Davis, LB Ahmad Brooks at Giants Updated: Oct-11-15 7:53 pm
Vernon Davis was inactive for the struggling San Francisco 49ers for the second game in a row Sunday night because of a knee injury, even though he practiced a bit throughout the week and both he and coach Jim Tomsula seemed to indicate the player might return.
- Seahawks match biggest meltdown, lose to Bengals 27-24 in OT Updated: Oct-11-15 7:15 pm
CINCINNATI - A Seahawks team known for closing 'em out is having trouble in the final moments.
- Foles struggles, Rams overwhelmed by Packers D in 24-10 loss Updated: Oct-11-15 7:02 pm
- Dalton rallies Bengals over Seahawks 27-24 in overtime Updated: Oct-11-15 6:18 pm
CINCINNATI - Andy Dalton's fingerprints were all over one of the Bengals' greatest comebacks.