- Flyers F Schenn suspended for 3 games for charging Updated: Apr-26-16 7:01 pm
NEW YORK - Philadelphia Flyers forward Brayden Schenn has been suspended by the NHL for three games for a high hit on Washington Capitals forward T.J. Oshie.
- Flyers finish another empty season without Stanley Cup Updated: Apr-25-16 3:24 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Just as it has in every season since winning it all in 1975, Philadelphia heads home without a Stanley Cup.
- Capitals close out Flyers in 6 games with 1-0 victory Updated: Apr-24-16 4:10 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Early in the third period, a Flyers fan held up a sign directed at Washington that read, "You'll choke."
- Surprise goaltenders make big impacts on playoffs' 1st round Updated: Apr-23-16 7:57 pm
WASHINGTON - Michal Neuvirth, Thomas Greiss and Martin Jones were sitting on the bench as playoff backups a year ago. Jeff Zatkoff and Matt Murray were in the minors.
- Neuvirth magnificent against Capitals as Flyers force Game 6 Updated: Apr-23-16 12:10 am
WASHINGTON - Standing in the same crease that Steve Mason allowed a goal from 101 feet out, Philadelphia Flyers goalie Michal Neuvirth saw shots from every angle and didn't crack. Not even once.
- Flyers' Laughton released from hospital, will miss Game 5 Updated: Apr-21-16 5:10 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The Philadelphia Flyers say forward Scott Laughton has been released from the hospital and is doing well a day after being taken off the ice on a stretcher.
- Hakstol's success opens NHL door to more college coaches Updated: Apr-21-16 4:53 pm
When the Philadelphia Flyers hired Dave Hakstol as coach last summer, T.J. Oshie was surprised.
- Flyers founder Ed Snider remembered for love of the game Updated: Apr-21-16 4:45 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Ed Snider once kicked Donald Trump out of a suite during a playoff game.
- Flyers' Scott Laughton taken off on stretcher after hit Updated: Apr-20-16 10:49 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Philadelphia center Scott Laughton was taken off the ice on a stretcher after a scary hit into the boards Wednesday night in Game 4 of the Flyers' first-round playoff series against the Washington Capitals.
- Rats, Octopi and sharks! NHL needs pest control for playoffs Updated: Apr-20-16 4:47 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Rats! And Octopi. Even a lifeless shark.
- Flyers' Bellemare suspended 1 game for hit from behind Updated: Apr-19-16 5:55 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Flyers forward Pierre-Edouard Bellemare has been suspended one game for checking Washington Capitals defenseman Dmitry Orlov from behind.
- Wrist shots: Flyers say no bracelets for Game 4 Updated: Apr-19-16 3:47 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The Philadelphia Flyers want to keep wrist shots on the ice and not from fans in the stands.
- Flyers honor founder Ed Snider before Game 3 Updated: Apr-18-16 8:05 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The Philadelphia Flyers honored founder Ed Snider before Game 3 of the playoffs in their first home game since his death last week.
- Despite Lundqvist scare, goalies don't want changes to masks Updated: Apr-17-16 11:22 am
ARLINGTON, Virginia - As Henrik Lundqvist kicked his feet in pain, bad thoughts went through his head for 30 seconds. New York Rangers teammate Marc Staal's stick blade went right through his mask and struck the All-Star goaltender in the right eye.
- Flyers' Couturier out of Capitals series with injury Updated: Apr-15-16 3:11 pm
WASHINGTON - Center Sean Couturier will miss the rest of the Philadelphia Flyers' first-round series against the Washington Capitals because of an upper-body injury.
- Flyers want to win in playoffs for late owner, Ed Snider Updated: Apr-12-16 4:09 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The Philadelphia Flyers threw money at free agents with the same frivolity fans once threw ticker tape at Stanley Cup parades.
- Capitals prepare for hard-fought series against Flyers Updated: Apr-11-16 4:04 pm
- Ed Snider, founder of Philadelphia Flyers, dies at 83 Updated: Apr-11-16 3:23 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Ed Snider was weakened by cancer, the disease that kept him from his beloved Philadelphia Flyers.
- Islanders lose 5-2 to flyers, get Panthers in 1st round Updated: Apr-10-16 11:05 pm
- Flyers beat Penguins 3-1, clinch playoff spot Updated: Apr-09-16 7:25 pm
PHILADELPHIA - With their ailing owner watching from home, the Philadelphia Flyers clinched a playoff berth.
- Bruins collapse with playoffs on line, lose 6-1 to Senators Updated: Apr-09-16 6:20 pm
BOSTON - The Boston Bruins lost starting goalie Tuukka Rask 90 minutes before the faceoff, blew their regular-season finale midway through the game and said goodbye to the playoffs before the day was over.
- Playoff-bound Wild can't hide recent slide or weak record Updated: Apr-08-16 6:39 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The Minnesota Wild will take the worst record into the playoffs by a Western Conference team in a full season since before the franchise existed.
- Bruins' playoffs hopes live on with 5-2 win over Red Wings Updated: Apr-07-16 11:14 pm
BOSTON - The Boston Bruins needed to play like a desperate team Thursday night in order to keep breath in their playoff hopes.
- Jake Gardiner scores in OT, Maple Leafs beat Flyers 4-3 Updated: Apr-07-16 10:59 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The Toronto Maple Leafs did their best to spoil Philadelphia's playoff chances until the final minute of regulation.
- Detroit shuts out Flyers 3-0 as playoff race winds down Updated: Apr-07-16 12:09 am
DETROIT - If the Detroit Red Wings make the playoffs for a 25th straight year, they can thank Jimmy Howard.