- Angle mulls US Senate bid; testing waters for money, support Updated: Feb-12-16 7:44 pm
RENO, Nevada - Nevada conservative Sharron Angle says she's trying to determine if she could raise enough money to run for the U.S. Senate again, a move that could throw a wrench in Republicans' hopes to claim Democratic Sen. Harry Reid's soon-to-be-vacant seat.
- Lawyers spar over of murder verdict in Nevada casino melee Updated: Feb-11-16 5:10 am
RENO, Nevada - Nevada's Supreme Court justices are being asked to clarify state laws on self-defense and defense of others as they consider whether to revisit their recent reversal of a high-profile murder and conspiracy conviction in a 2011 casino shootout between rival biker gangs.
- As industry shifts, Las Vegas cabs do some soul-searching Updated: Feb-11-16 2:26 am
LAS VEGAS - The arrival of Uber and Lyft in Nevada last fall and a state audit accusing regulators of allowing cabs to charge $47 million in excessive fees each year have the powerful Las Vegas taxi industry and its overseers in the hot seat, facing down a recommendation that the agency be disbanded and its duties passed to another entity.
- EPA extends deadline to March 29 at Nevada Superfund site Updated: Feb-10-16 8:57 pm
RENO, Nevada - The Environmental Protection Agency has agreed to give Nevada another 60 days to decide if it wants to oppose the agency's plan to declare a toxic, abandoned mine in Yerington a priority Superfund site.
- GOP state Sen. Brower to resign Reno-area seat this month Updated: Feb-08-16 6:10 pm
RENO, Nevada - Republican state Sen. Greg Brower is formally resigning his northern Nevada seat after announcing months ago that he wouldn't seek re-election.
- Senate Democrats back candidate for GOP-held seat in Vegas Updated: Feb-08-16 2:22 pm
LAS VEGAS - Democratic leaders in the Nevada Senate are endorsing an attorney to run for the seat held by Republican Sen. Scott Hammond.
- Date set for appeal by ex-doctor in Vegas hepatitis C case Updated: Feb-07-16 7:10 am
LAS VEGAS - The Nevada Supreme Court is scheduling oral arguments April 5 on an appeal by a once-prominent Las Vegas doctor serving 18 years to life in prison for the largest hepatitis C outbreak in state history.
- NHP: Man to face federal charges in Vegas drug luggage case Updated: Feb-05-16 5:51 pm
LAS VEGAS - Authorities say a passenger faces a federal drug trafficking charge after he was arrested at the airport in Las Vegas with several pounds of drugs in his checked luggage.
- 1 dead after suspect strikes deputy's car after chase Updated: Feb-05-16 1:14 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada Highway Patrol is investigating after a high speed chase in Carson City ended with a man's death.
- Nevada's Senate hopefuls raise similar amounts last quarter Updated: Feb-03-16 2:14 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - The contenders for Harry Reid's seat in the U.S. Senate said they raised similar amounts in the last three months of 2015, although the Republican candidate has more in the bank.
- Democrats endorse candidate for Kirkpatrick's Assembly seat Updated: Feb-02-16 6:06 pm
NORTH LAS VEGAS, Nevada - Nevada Assembly Democrats are endorsing a North Las Vegas corrections officer for the seat formerly held by high-ranking Democratic Assemblywoman Marilyn Kirkpatrick.
- Lee, Roberson have money lead in Nevada House primaries Updated: Feb-01-16 8:37 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - The state of play in Nevada's four congressional races is coming into sharper focus after candidates filed quarterly financial reports over the weekend with the Federal Election Commission. Here's a look at who's ahead in the campaign money game:
- Roberson leads Republican rivals in House fundraising Updated: Feb-01-16 2:05 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - State Senate leader Michael Roberson is leading his Republican rivals in fundraising for Nevada's 3rd Congressional District seat.
- Nevada governor seeks change in sage grouse mining rule Updated: Jan-28-16 8:01 pm
RENO, Nevada - The governor of gold-rich Nevada is pressing the Obama administration to alter its sage grouse protection plan to free up thousands of mining claims by shrinking the restricted area in exchange for making other unprotected areas off limits, restoring burned out rangeland and reining in wild horse herds.
- Carson judge overturns Vegas assemblyman's DUI conviction Updated: Jan-27-16 2:43 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - A Carson City judge overturned a Nevada assemblyman's convictions of driving under the influence and possessing a firearm while intoxicated, agreeing with defense lawyers who argued a blood test taken at the time of his arrest last year shouldn't have been admitted as evidence.
- Nevada justices hear arguments in casino company Macau case Updated: Jan-26-16 7:41 pm
LAS VEGAS - The question of whether casino magnate Sheldon Adelson's company has to pay a $70 million judgment to a Hong Kong businessman for helping to secure business in Macau is now before the Nevada Supreme Court.
- Reno lawyer jumps into competitive Nevada state Senate race Updated: Jan-25-16 7:36 pm
RENO, Nevada - A Reno lawyer has jumped into a competitive race for a northern Nevada Senate seat being vacated by Republican Greg Brower.
- Senate hopeful launches 'African Americans for Cortez Masto' Updated: Jan-25-16 5:10 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - A group of African-American state lawmakers, community group leaders and pastors are signing on to promote Democrat Catherine Cortez Masto's Senate campaign in the black community.
- Principal's dispute over firing reaches Nevada Supreme Court Updated: Jan-24-16 2:35 pm
RENO, Nevada - The state's highest court is ordering a former Washoe County school principal and the district that fired her to try and settle their dispute.
- Nevada asks supreme court for speedy school choice appeal Updated: Jan-21-16 5:10 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Attorney General Adam Laxalt has filed a formal request that the Nevada Supreme Court speed up a decision about the state's halted school choice program.
- Democrats rev up fundraising in fight to control Legislature Updated: Jan-19-16 6:28 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Democrats are revving up their fundraising efforts as they try to regain control of the Nevada Legislature during a presidential-year election cycle that's expected to be more favorable for the party than the last one.
- Trump to appear at Vegas hotel-casino; Nevada caucus Feb. 23 Updated: Jan-19-16 12:44 pm
LAS VEGAS - Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump is returning to Las Vegas for a campaign rally, a little more than a month before Nevada's first-in-the-West GOP party caucus.
- Nevada troopers increase patrols around Mount Charleston Updated: Jan-18-16 1:51 pm
LAS VEGAS - As visitors continue to flock to Mount Charleston, Nevada Highway Patrol has increased its presence in the area to deal with the heavy traffic.
- Special session for Faraday costlier than 1 for Tesla Updated: Jan-18-16 10:34 am
CARSON CITY, Nevada - A special legislative session to lure electric carmaker Faraday Future to Nevada cost about twice as much as one to attract Tesla's battery factory, even though the deal itself was a fraction of the size.
- Wrong-way driver causes crash on Las Vegas Beltway Updated: Jan-17-16 5:05 pm
LAS VEGAS - Authorities say a wrong-way driver caused a crash involving three vehicles on the Las Vegas Beltway.