- Kang's homer sends Pirates to 8-7 win over Twins Updated: Jul-29-15 2:14 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Jung Ho Kang is enjoying the spotlight in the major leagues and showing the Pittsburgh Pirates just what they hoped when they brought him over from South Korea.
- Perkins falters again as Pirates beat Twins 8-7 Updated: Jul-29-15 1:13 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Now it's Glen Perkins who is having trouble getting outs.
- Nationals lose 3-1 to Cole, Pirates Updated: Jul-26-15 7:01 pm
PITTSBURGH - The Washington Nationals had their best hitter at the plate in a big spot. It just didn't work out.
- Cole pitches Pirates past Nationals 3-1 Updated: Jul-26-15 6:18 pm
PITTSBURGH - Gregory Polanco got Gerrit Cole on track, and the ace right-hander took over from there.
- Burnett's 8 Ks not good enough in Pirates' 9-3 loss to Nats Updated: Jul-25-15 11:48 pm
PITTSBURGH - A.J. Burnett posted a 2.11 ERA during a first half that led to the first All-Star selection in his 17-year career. But his second-half struggles continue.
- Ramirez joins Pirates, batting cleanup Updated: Jul-25-15 6:17 pm
PITTSBURGH - Aramis Ramirez joined the Pittsburgh Pirates on Saturday night and was batting cleanup in his first game back with his old club.
- Pirates acquire Aramis Ramirez from Brewers Updated: Jul-23-15 8:36 pm
PITTSBURGH - Aramis Ramirez is back where he once belonged.
- Correction: Pirates-Royals story Updated: Jul-23-15 10:47 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - In a story July 22 about Kansas City's win over Pittsburgh, The Associated Press reported erroneously the inning in which Mike Moustakas hit his three-run home run. It was hit in the seventh inning.
- Pirates promote infielder Pedro Florimon Updated: Jul-22-15 7:21 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Pittsburgh Pirates have selected the contract of Pedro Florimon from Triple-A Indianapolis and inserted him into the lineup at shortstop Wednesday against the Kansas City Royals.
- Reds, Athletics, Rockies win lottery for draft picks Updated: Jul-22-15 6:20 pm
NEW YORK - The Reds, Athletics, Rockies, Diamondbacks, Marlins and Pirates won picks after the first round of next year's draft in Major League Baseball's competitive balance lottery.
- Cole pitches a gem, but Pirates fall 3-1 to Royals Updated: Jul-22-15 1:02 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - After Royals manager Ned Yost saw the Pirates' Gerrit Cole pitch a scoreless inning in the All-Star game, he knew his hitters could be in for a long night Tuesday.
- Ventura exits early, Royals lose 10-7 to Pirates Updated: Jul-21-15 2:18 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Yordano Ventura remains an enigma for the Kansas City Royals.
- Pirates shortstop Jordy Mercer out 6 weeks with knee injury Updated: Jul-20-15 7:02 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Pittsburgh shortstop Jordy Mercer is expected to miss six weeks because of a knee injury, leaving the Pirates without their starters on the left side of the infield possibly until September.
- Jungmann, Brewers finish off sweep of Pirates Updated: Jul-19-15 7:14 pm
MILWAUKEE - Taylor Jungmann has been quite the midseason call-up for the Milwaukee Brewers.
- Pirates LHP Liriano scratched with neck tightness Updated: Jul-18-15 7:20 pm
MILWAUKEE - Pirates left-hander Francisco Liriano was scratched minutes before the start of Saturday night's game against the Milwaukee Brewers due to neck tightness.
- Pirates recall OF Decker Updated: Jul-17-15 7:45 pm
MILWAUKEE - The Pittsburgh Pirates have recalled outfielder Jaff Decker from Triple-A Indianapolis.
- Surging Pirates look to carry momentum into second half Updated: Jul-16-15 4:30 pm
PITTSBURGH - Jordy Mercer and Pedro Alvarez were on the way to their lockers to savor another improbable comeback late Sunday night when the Pittsburgh Pirates teammates stopped in unison in front of one of the half-dozen large-screen televisions in the clubhouse.
- Pirates rally past Cardinals 6-5 in 10 innings Updated: Jul-13-15 1:14 am
- Homegrown catcher leads US over World 10-1 in Futures Game Updated: Jul-12-15 7:20 pm
CINCINNATI - A homer in Cleveland. A triple in Cincinnati. From top-to-bottom in his home state, Kyle Schwarber is demonstrating he can pretty much hit anything.
- Peralta hits 2-out, 2-run HR in 9th, Cardinals jolt Cubs 6-5 Updated: Jul-09-15 1:17 am
CHICAGO - Cardinals manager Mike Matheny enjoys when a team battles back after getting down. On Wednesday, he didn't see his team do that, but he heard it.
- Pirates complete sweep of Padres, 5-2 Updated: Jul-08-15 11:29 pm
PITTSBURGH - A walk, of all things, might have been the key to the Pirates' 5-2 victory over the Padres on Wednesday night.
- McCutchen helps free grounds crew member swallowed by tarp Updated: Jul-07-15 9:50 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pirates center fielder Andrew McCutchen made quite a play - during a rain delay.
- Cole posts majors-leading 12th win, Pirates beat Indians Updated: Jul-05-15 6:02 pm
PITTSBURGH - Down 3-0 after the third inning on the heels of two uneven starts, Gerrit Cole didn't get angry or flustered.
- Marte leaves game with discomfort in left side Updated: Jul-05-15 4:05 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pirates left fielder Starling Marte left Sunday's game against the Cleveland Indians because of discomfort in his left side while batting in the fourth inning.
- Pirates claim Travis Ishikawa off waivers Updated: Jul-05-15 3:18 pm