- McCutchen hits 2-run homer in Pirates' 5-2 loss to Indians Updated: Jul-04-15 2:42 am
PITTSBURGH - The Pirates trailed by one run when rain stopped play for more than two hours in the bottom of the seventh inning. After play resumed, Cleveland added to its lead in the top of the eighth and snapped Pittsburgh's three-game win streak.
- Bourn has 3 RBIs to lead Indians to 5-2 win over Pirates Updated: Jul-04-15 1:45 am
PITTSBURGH - Michael Bourn believes Cleveland's five-game winning streak is proof the Indians are going to be in contention down the stretch despite a slow start.
- Tigers call back to .500 after getting swept by Pirates Updated: Jul-02-15 6:12 pm
- Liriano lead Pirates to 8-4 win, sweep of Tigers Updated: Jul-02-15 5:53 pm
DETROIT - Francisco Liriano knows very well what the Detroit Tigers have done to him over the last five years.
- Pirates staying patient as Polanco searches for consistency Updated: Jun-29-15 3:51 pm
PITTSBURGH - A year ago, Gregory Polanco was the next big thing. When the Pittsburgh Pirates outfielder was called up to the big leagues last June, his arrival was viewed as a coronation.
- McCutchen plays after HBP but Pirates lose to Braves 2-1 Updated: Jun-28-15 7:15 pm
PITTSBURGH - Andrew McCutchen texted Clint Hurdle on Sunday morning and told the Pittsburgh Pirates manager his bruised left elbow was just fine.
- Wood sharp as Braves top Pirates 2-1 to end losing streak Updated: Jun-28-15 6:17 pm
PITTSBURGH - Alex Wood can tell the instant a breaking ball leaves his hand whether he has a feel for it on a given day. When he does, the Atlanta Braves lefty can be dominant.
- Pirates designate Tabata, Volstad for assignment Updated: Jun-28-15 2:00 pm
PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Pirates designated outfielder Jose Tabata for a second time on Sunday, a little more than a week after Tabata broke up Max Scherzer's bid for a perfect game.
- Pirates star McCutchen leaves game with elbow injury Updated: Jun-27-15 5:53 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh Pirates center fielder Andrew McCutchen left Saturday's game against Atlanta after getting hit in the left elbow with a pitch.
- Reds outlast Pirates 5-4 in 13 innings on Phillips' homer Updated: Jun-26-15 1:50 am
PITTSBURGH - Guess Brandon Phillips' thumb is OK.
- Harper homers in 9-run 1st, Gonzalez and Nats beat Pirates Updated: Jun-21-15 6:20 pm
WASHINGTON - With the way the Washington Nationals are pitching these days, they hardly needed all of the runs Bryce Harper and his teammates provided from the start.
- White Sox waste Samardzija's solid start in 3-2 loss to Bucs Updated: Jun-19-15 1:08 am
CHICAGO - Jeff Samardzija realizes that if he continues to pitch well, it will pay off - eventually. For now, though, the Chicago White Sox's ace remains in a frustrating holding pattern.
- Gerrit Cole wins MLB-best 11th as Pirates top White Sox 3-2 Updated: Jun-19-15 1:02 am
CHICAGO - Gerrit Cole downplayed becoming the majors' first 11-game winner by crediting his Pittsburgh Pirates teammates for his terrific start.
- Morton stays perfect, Pirates shut out White Sox again 3-0 Updated: Jun-16-15 11:09 pm
PITTSBURGH - To a man, the Pittsburgh Pirates starting rotation insists there is no sense of gamesmanship among them, no underlying need to try and outdo one another.
- Pirates sign top pick Kevin Newman Updated: Jun-15-15 6:56 pm
PITTSBURGH - Kevin Newman held up the Pittsburgh Pirates jersey with the No. 15 on it and the name of the team's top pick in last week's draft on the back when someone blurted out "Hello, Newman."
- Pirates sweep Phillies with 1-0 win in 11 innings Updated: Jun-14-15 6:36 pm
PITTSBURGH - The roar began the moment Sean Rodriguez recorded the last out of the ninth inning and only grew louder as A.J. Burnett slowed walked toward the Pittsburgh Pirates dugout.
- Ex-big league LHP Daniel Moskos suspended 50 games for drugs Updated: Jun-12-15 9:56 pm
NEW YORK - Former major league pitcher Daniel Moskos has been suspended 50 games under baseball's minor league drug program following a second positive test for a drug of abuse.
- Confident South Korean star Kang fitting in with Pirates Updated: Jun-12-15 2:31 am
PITTSBURGH - Jung Ho Kang chose the gray T-shirt because he thought it looked cool. That's it. The fact "The Trillest" - a mashup of "true" and "real" that serves as slang for someone considered most authentic - was splashed across the front was purely incidental.
- Morton remains unbeaten as Pirates top Brewers 2-0 Updated: Jun-10-15 10:51 pm
PITTSBURGH - Charlie Morton is not a complicated guy. When his sinker is working, the Pittsburgh Pirates right-hander is effective. When it's not, his night tends to end shortly after it begins.