- Cubs win gets most viewers in wild-card game's short history Updated: Oct-08-15 9:22 pm
NEW YORK - The Chicago Cubs' return to the playoffs has drawn the largest television audience in the short history of baseball's wild-card game.
- Pirates' Sean Rodriguez makes peace with water cooler Updated: Oct-08-15 5:55 pm
PITTSBURGH - It's all good between Pittsburgh Pirates infielder Sean Rodriguez and the water cooler he TKO'd in the dugout during Pittsburgh's wild-card loss to the Chicago Cubs on Wednesday night.
- Pirates head into offseason after another October stumble Updated: Oct-08-15 12:37 pm
PITTSBURGH - The man who symbolized the Pittsburgh Pirates' resurgence offered one final bit of advice before hopping onto his custom-made, Batman-inspired ride and zooming off into retirement.
- Pirates stopped by Arrieta, fall to Cubs 4-0 in NL wild card Updated: Oct-08-15 12:53 am
- Arrieta, Cubs silence Pirates 4-0 to win NL wild-card game Updated: Oct-08-15 12:24 am
PITTSBURGH - Maybe it's time to stop treating the Chicago Cubs like they're too young to be here.
- Cubs, Pirates clear benches after Arrieta gets hit Updated: Oct-07-15 10:20 pm
- Closer Melancon quiet exclamation point for Pirates Updated: Oct-05-15 7:10 pm
PITTSBURGH - The greatest season by a Pittsburgh Pirates reliever began with doubt.
- Cubs take aim at postseason after making big leap Updated: Oct-05-15 6:48 pm
CHICAGO - No matter how the playoffs turn out for the Chicago Cubs, manager Joe Maddon wanted to know one thing.
- Aces wild: Playoffs open with Astros-Yankees, Cubs-Pirates Updated: Oct-05-15 8:19 am
Dallas Keuchel started the All-Star game, won 20 times and twice dominated the New York Yankees.
- Votto ties Rose but Reds lose 13th straight, 6-4 in 12 Updated: Oct-03-15 4:54 am
PITTSBURGH - Joey Votto reached base safely in his 48th straight game, matching a Cincinnati Reds record set by Pete Rose in 1978.
- Marte's homer in 12th inning lifts Pirates over Reds 6-4 Updated: Oct-03-15 12:49 am
PITTSBURGH - The Pirates are on the verge of hosting the NL wild card game for the third straight year.
- Cubs beat Brewers, try to keep up in race to host wild card Updated: Oct-03-15 12:43 am
- Cardinals rout Pirates, clinch 3rd straight NL Central title Updated: Sep-30-15 11:48 pm
PITTSBURGH - The celebration has become a fall ritual for the St. Louis Cardinals. The champagne showers. The rowdy sing-alongs. The giddy clubhouse joy.
- Cardinals-Pirates rained out, doubleheader Wednesday Updated: Sep-29-15 7:03 pm
PITTSBURGH - The St. Louis Cardinals have to wait at least one more day to break out the champagne after rain postponed Tuesday night's game in Pittsburgh.
- Things to know for Monday in the state of Pennsylvania Updated: Sep-28-15 9:54 am
A daily look at late-breaking news, coming events and stories that will be talked about in Pennsylvania on Monday.
- Arrieta pitches Cubs to 4-0 victory over Pirates Updated: Sep-28-15 12:19 am
CHICAGO - The numbers are growing more ridiculous with each start, and the Chicago Cubs are running out of ways to describe the brilliance of Jake Arrieta.
- Cubs Arrieta allows 1st hit in 7th Updated: Sep-27-15 10:11 pm
- Cubs celebrate playoff clincher after loss to Pirates Updated: Sep-26-15 6:35 pm
CHICAGO - The blaring music and smell of sparkling wine were unmistakable once the doors opened to the media.
- Playoff bound again, Pirates built for long haul Updated: Sep-26-15 1:51 pm
PITTSBURGH - There was really only one request on the fourth floor at PNC Park that first winter, the one eight years ago when the new Pittsburgh Pirates braintrust set about rebooting a franchise in the midst of an historic freefall.
- Pirates rally to beat Rockies 5-4, earn 10,000th win Updated: Sep-24-15 11:03 pm
DENVER - These days, the Pittsburgh Pirates are spreading their clutch play around, and Pedro Alvarez was the latest to step into the spotlight.
- Pirates' Ramirez sits out after tweaking left groin Updated: Sep-23-15 7:25 pm
DENVER - The Pittsburgh Pirates are keeping third baseman Aramis Ramirez out of the lineup for precautionary reasons Wednesday night against Colorado after he tweaked his left groin while running the bases the night before.
- Pirates 3B Ramirez leaves game with groin tightness Updated: Sep-22-15 10:57 pm
- Pirates place INF Kang on 60-day DL Updated: Sep-21-15 6:51 pm
DENVER - The Pittsburgh Pirates have placed infielder Jung Ho Kang on the 60-day disabled list and selected the contract of outfielder Keon Broxton from Triple-A Indianapolis.
- Marte, Alvarez homer for Pirates in 4-3 win over Dodgers Updated: Sep-20-15 8:41 pm
- Pirates SS Kang out 6-8 months with broken leg, torn MCL Updated: Sep-17-15 11:12 pm
PITTSBURGH - Jung Ho Kang arrived in the United States last winter a mystery before providing a major jolt that helped get the Pittsburgh Pirates started on their run at a third straight playoff berth.