- Brewers' bats scuffle, Lohse struggles in 4-3 loss to Cubs Updated: Aug-02-15 7:47 pm
MILWAUKEE - Scoring runs was an issue for the Milwaukee Brewers even before trade deadline deals left them turning to backups to fill huge holes in the lineup.
- Cardinals' Moss helps new team win with game-ending single Updated: Aug-02-15 7:14 pm
ST. LOUIS - Brandon Moss felt as if he got a new baseball life after he was traded to the St. Louis Cardinals on Thursday.
- Reds lose to Pirates in Sampson's first starts Updated: Aug-02-15 5:39 pm
CINCINNATI - Reds rookie starter Keyvius Sampson pitched well in his first career start, the effort all but overshadowed by a benches-clearing scrum.
- Pirates earn split with 3-0 win over Reds Updated: Aug-02-15 4:27 pm
- Benches clear in Pirates-Reds shoving match Updated: Aug-02-15 3:39 pm
CINCINNATI - Both benches and bullpens cleared and there was some shoving after Cincinnati's Brandon Phillips was hit by a pitch by Pittsburgh left-hander Tony Watson in the eighth inning on Sunday.
- Pirates ace Cole loses to Reds again Updated: Aug-01-15 10:51 pm
CINCINNATI - Gerrit Cole made only a couple of mistakes. Against the Reds, that is enough to wind up losing again.
- J.A. Happ joins Pirates, LHP LaFromboise sent back to minors Updated: Aug-01-15 6:17 pm
CINCINNATI - Left-hander J.A. Happ joined the Pittsburgh Pirates on Saturday and threw in the bullpen, getting ready to join a rotation that'll need him for at least a few weeks.
- Reds can't break through in 9th, lose to Pirates 5-4 Updated: Jul-31-15 11:36 pm
CINCINNATI - Starling Marte threw out Brandon Phillips at the plate for the second out in the ninth. Then he made a diving catch to end it.
- Pirates acquire starter Happ, 1B Morse in trades Updated: Jul-31-15 8:08 pm
CINCINNATI - The Pittsburgh Pirates didn't enter the final 24 hours before the trade deadline looking for a starting pitcher. The state of A.J. Burnett's elbow quickly made them change their mind.
- The Latest: Cespedes, Haren, Revere traded at MLB's deadline Updated: Jul-31-15 5:04 pm
NEW YORK - Here are the latest developments as Major League Baseball hits a deadline Friday for trades where players do not first have to pass through waivers (all times Eastern):
- Pirates get reliever Soria from Tigers for minor leaguer Updated: Jul-30-15 8:26 pm
- Reds call up lefty David Holmberg to start vs Pirates Updated: Jul-30-15 4:43 pm
CINCINNATI - The Reds recalled left-hander David Holmberg from the minor leagues to start against the Pittsburgh Pirates on Thursday, taking Johnny Cueto's spot. Cincinnati traded its 20-game winner to Kansas City on Sunday.
- Royals trade Joe Blanton to Pirates for cash Updated: Jul-30-15 1:08 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Royals have traded right-hander Joe Blanton to the Pittsburgh Pirates for cash considerations.
- Pittsburgh beats Minnesota 10-4 Updated: Jul-29-15 6:34 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A failure to execute in a number of areas means the Minnesota Twins second-half swoon continues.
- McCutchen, Liriano lead Pirates sweep of Twins with 10-4 win Updated: Jul-29-15 6:20 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Pittsburgh Pirates have the best record in the majors since mid-May.
- Cole pitches Pirates past Nationals 3-1 Updated: Jul-26-15 6:18 pm
PITTSBURGH - Gregory Polanco got Gerrit Cole on track, and the ace right-hander took over from there.
- Ramirez joins Pirates, batting cleanup Updated: Jul-25-15 6:17 pm
PITTSBURGH - Aramis Ramirez joined the Pittsburgh Pirates on Saturday night and was batting cleanup in his first game back with his old club.
- Pirates acquire Aramis Ramirez from Brewers Updated: Jul-23-15 8:36 pm
PITTSBURGH - Aramis Ramirez is back where he once belonged.
- Correction: Pirates-Royals story Updated: Jul-23-15 10:47 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - In a story July 22 about Kansas City's win over Pittsburgh, The Associated Press reported erroneously the inning in which Mike Moustakas hit his three-run home run. It was hit in the seventh inning.
- Pirates promote infielder Pedro Florimon Updated: Jul-22-15 7:21 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Pittsburgh Pirates have selected the contract of Pedro Florimon from Triple-A Indianapolis and inserted him into the lineup at shortstop Wednesday against the Kansas City Royals.
- Reds, Athletics, Rockies win lottery for draft picks Updated: Jul-22-15 6:20 pm
NEW YORK - The Reds, Athletics, Rockies, Diamondbacks, Marlins and Pirates won picks after the first round of next year's draft in Major League Baseball's competitive balance lottery.
- Cole pitches a gem, but Pirates fall 3-1 to Royals Updated: Jul-22-15 1:02 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - After Royals manager Ned Yost saw the Pirates' Gerrit Cole pitch a scoreless inning in the All-Star game, he knew his hitters could be in for a long night Tuesday.
- Ventura exits early, Royals lose 10-7 to Pirates Updated: Jul-21-15 2:18 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Yordano Ventura remains an enigma for the Kansas City Royals.
- Pirates shortstop Jordy Mercer out 6 weeks with knee injury Updated: Jul-20-15 7:02 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Pittsburgh shortstop Jordy Mercer is expected to miss six weeks because of a knee injury, leaving the Pirates without their starters on the left side of the infield possibly until September.
- Jungmann, Brewers finish off sweep of Pirates Updated: Jul-19-15 7:14 pm
MILWAUKEE - Taylor Jungmann has been quite the midseason call-up for the Milwaukee Brewers.