- Giving up the long ball hurts Cards in 4-3 loss to Nationals Updated: Sep-03-15 1:27 am
ST. LOUIS - Tyler Lyons did well enough as a fill-in starter for the St. Louis Cardinals, Brandon Moss hit another mammoth home run and the offense erased a seventh-inning deficit for the third straight game.
- Locke struggles, Brewers beat Pirates for 5th time in row Updated: Sep-03-15 1:00 am
MILWAUKEE - Pittsburgh Pirates manager Clint Hurdle won't make a rash decision about Jeff Locke's spot in the rotation after another subpar start.
- Zimmerman homers twice, doubles as Nationals beat Cardinals Updated: Sep-03-15 12:54 am
ST. LOUIS - Max Scherzer and the Washington Nationals' bullpen got plenty of big outs. Ryan Zimmerman took care of the offense.
- Lucroy 3 RBIs, Brewers beat Pirates for 5th straight time Updated: Sep-03-15 12:39 am
MILWAUKEE - Jonathan Lucroy is finally getting locked in at the plate.
- Pirates' Aramis Ramirez greeted warmly back in Milwaukee Updated: Sep-02-15 7:29 pm
MILWAUKEE - Getting traded to the Pittsburgh Pirates in the middle of a pennant race hasn't changed third baseman Aramis Ramirez's mind about retirement.
- Pirates bring infielder Pedro Florimon back to majors Updated: Sep-02-15 6:26 pm
MILWAUKEE - The Pittsburgh Pirates have selected the contract Pedro Florimon from the minors, bringing the infielder back for another tour in the big leagues this season.
- De La Rosa dominates as Rockies beat Pirates 5-0 Updated: Aug-30-15 6:08 pm
PITTSBURGH - Jorge De La Rosa was happy with the game's outcome but a little embarrassed by how his day ended.
- Pirates' Burnett takes a step closer to return Updated: Aug-30-15 2:23 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pirates right-hander A.J. Burnett is hopeful of returning to the rotation by mid-September following a 71-pitch bullpen session on Sunday.
- Cole gets 15th win, Pirates top Marlins 2-1 Updated: Aug-27-15 11:02 pm
MIAMI - The Pittsburgh Pirates took on the deepest parts of Marlins Park on Thursday night, and won.
- McCutchen homers, Pirates top Giants 5-2 Updated: Aug-24-15 12:56 am
PITTSBURGH - Clint Hurdle doesn't dwell on things. What's next is what's important, a mantra the Pittsburgh Pirates manager has pounded home repeatedly since the day he arrived in 2010.
- Pirates activate SS Mercer from DL after right knee injury Updated: Aug-23-15 5:23 pm
PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Pirates activated shortstop Jordy Mercer from the disabled list on Sunday and placed first baseman Travis Ishikawa on the 15-day DL with a lower back strain.
- Pirates activate 3B Josh Harrison from disabled list Updated: Aug-21-15 3:29 pm
PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Pirates activated utility player Josh Harrison off the disabled list Friday after a nearly two-month stay following thumb surgery.
- Happ shines as Pirates shut down Diamondbacks 4-1 Updated: Aug-19-15 11:02 pm
PITTSBURGH - Thrust into the middle of a playoff race, J.A. Happ needed a couple of weeks to find his footing.
- Ramirez, Pirates rough up Mets after rain, sweep season set Updated: Aug-16-15 6:59 pm
NEW YORK - The Pittsburgh Pirates are about as in sync off the field as they are on it.
- Correction: Pirates-Cardinals story Updated: Aug-14-15 12:38 pm
ST. LOUIS - In a story Aug. 11 about the St. Louis Cardinals' 4-3 victory over the Pittsburgh Pirates, The Associated Press reported erroneously several statistics from the game. Cardinals pitcher Carlos Martinez walked zero batters, not one; A home run by Pedro Alvarez in the fourth inning put the Pirates ahead 3-1, not 3-2; Gerrit Cole entered his start on Wednesday 1-0 with a 2.57 ERA against the Cardinals, not 0-3 with a 5.95 ERA; and Cole was 13-5 with a 2.38 ERA in his other 21 starts, not 14-2 with a 1.82 ERA in his other 18 starts.
- Granderson, Johnson power Mets past Rockies 12-3 for sweep Updated: Aug-13-15 6:00 pm
NEW YORK - Ever since the pitching-rich Mets beefed up their lineup before the trade deadline, they look downright dangerous.
- Pirates remove Starling Marte after 2 at-bats Updated: Aug-12-15 9:23 pm
ST. LOUIS - Starling Marte of the Pittsburgh Pirates was removed after two at-bats because of left hand discomfort.
- Diamondbacks score 11 runs in 2nd inning Updated: Aug-11-15 11:48 pm
- Parkway West detours cause major jams, delays in Pittsburgh Updated: Aug-10-15 8:56 am
PITTSBURGH - A $70 million reconstruction project on a highway known as the Parkway West in Pittsburgh caused massive traffic delays over the weekend.
- Kang, McCutchen rally Pirates past Dodgers 13-6 Updated: Aug-10-15 12:51 am
PITTSBURGH - Jung Ho Kang hit back after getting hit by pitches in his two previous plate appearances.
- Polanco, McCutchen homer in Pirates' 7-5 win over Cubs Updated: Aug-05-15 11:24 pm
PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Pirates looked for Gregory Polanco to give them a spark when they moved him to the top of the batting order last month after leadoff hitter Josh Harrison tore a ligament in his thumb.