- Cooke scores 24 as No. 24 Dayton beats George Maso Updated: Feb-06-16 9:50 pm
FAIRFAX, Virginia - If there was ever a doubt as to how No. 24 Dayton would respond with its leading scorer coming off the bench for the first time this season, those concerns were erased early as Charles Cooke scored 18 of his game-high 24 points in the first half of the Flyers' 98-64 victory over George Mason on Saturday night.
- Super Busts: The best teams to not win the Super Bowl Updated: Feb-06-16 12:56 pm
They had the stars, the swagger and the sparkling record to prove it.
- Von Miller, 2 other Broncos fined by NFL for AFC title game Updated: Feb-06-16 12:51 pm
- Super Bowl champions haven't always been 'super' Updated: Feb-06-16 2:29 am
They have the gaudy rings and the rest of the swag that comes with being a Super Bowl champion.
- Memories of 50 Super Bowls and how the game was named Updated: Feb-05-16 5:20 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Norma Hunt was buying some gifts for her young children in a Dallas toy store when she came across some balls that bounced so high they could go over a small house.
- Jay Feely embraces new role as CBS' kicking expert Updated: Feb-05-16 3:41 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Jay Feely has some conflicted emotions in his new role as CBS' sideline kicking analyst in playoff games.
- Like Elway, Manning has chance to tie things up with a title Updated: Feb-03-16 7:21 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - The last time the world saw John Elway in a Broncos uniform, he was facing the stands, both hands aloft, holding his helmet in his left hand, and his right hand clenched into a tight, celebratory fist. He flashed that toothy smile, knowing that a few minutes later, he would be cradling his second Super Bowl trophy.
- Cam Newton took fancy pants where other pros dare not go Updated: Feb-03-16 5:07 pm
NEW YORK - Lots of athletes have style, but could they rock the Cam pants?
- 'What If' moments that defined Super Bowl legacies Updated: Feb-03-16 2:15 am
Imagine a world where the name Scott Norwood evokes awe in Buffalo, not "aww, dude."
- From O'Brien to Vinatieri, Super Bowl's most crucial kicks Updated: Feb-03-16 2:13 am
SAN FRANCISCO - When the Super Bowl comes down to the kicker, all eyes are on the smallest, least athletic guy on the field.
- From Montana to Manning: Superb Super Bowls finishes Updated: Feb-02-16 11:41 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Every Super Bowl kicks off with the hopes of a thrilling game, capped by a dramatic drive in which the champion seizes control to capture the Lombardi Trophy.
- Patriots fan gets tattoo declaring Super Bowl win Updated: Jan-28-16 7:47 am
BOSTON - A New England Patriots fan was a bit premature when he got a tattoo declaring the team champions of a game they never reached - yet he says he has no regrets.
- Peyton Manning to Belichick: 'This might be my last rodeo.' Updated: Jan-26-16 9:01 pm
DENVER - Peyton Manning isn't saying that Super Bowl 50 is his grand finale.
- DeMarcus Ware gave an epic speech on eve of AFC championship Updated: Jan-26-16 4:52 pm
DENVER - Before playing the game of his life, DeMarcus Ware gave a speech that inspired his Broncos teammates on the eve of their beat-down of Tom Brady and the New England Patriots.
- Giants' Brown and Rodgers-Cromartie going to Pro Bowl Updated: Jan-26-16 3:30 pm
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - New York Giants placekicker Josh Brown and cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie are going to the Pro Bowl.
- AFC title games draws 2nd-best viewership on record Updated: Jan-25-16 7:06 pm
NEW YORK - The AFC championship game has drawn its second-largest television audience on record.
- 2nd-guessing of Belichick begins with the man in the hoodie Updated: Jan-25-16 3:51 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - You still see T-shirts around the home of the New England Patriots with coach Bill Belichick's scowling face and the mantra "In Bill We Trust."
- Deflating ending sends Patriots trudging into offseason Updated: Jan-25-16 2:44 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - The Patriots' season started off the field with "Deflategate." It ended with a deflating loss on it.
- March 3 'Deflategate' hearing still on track Updated: Jan-25-16 1:53 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - Now that their season is over, the New England Patriots can get back to a topic they like even less than losing to Peyton Manning: Deflategate.
- Win over Patriots was worth $2 million to Manning Updated: Jan-25-16 12:39 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Peyton Manning earned back half of the $4 million pay cut he accepted last winter by leading the Denver Broncos back to the Super Bowl.
- Denver's defense carries Manning back to the Super Bowl Updated: Jan-25-16 9:08 am
DENVER - Peyton Manning is glad he doesn't have to face Denver's dizzying defense. Tom Brady wasn't so lucky.
- NFL Today, Conference Championships Updated: Jan-25-16 12:23 am
- Manning's Broncos to face Newton's Panthers in Super Bowl Updated: Jan-24-16 11:29 pm
- Raptors down Clippers for eighth straight win, 112-94 Updated: Jan-24-16 11:13 pm
- Gostkowski's PAT streak ends at 523 Updated: Jan-24-16 11:01 pm
DENVER - An hour after the game, New England kicker Stephen Gostkowski still felt the sting of a rare missed extra point.