- Pentagon spokesman says deadly IS attack was a surprise Updated: May-06-16 2:04 am
WASHINGTON - The Islamic State attack on Kurdish forces in northern Iraq that killed U.S. Navy Petty Officer 1st Class Charles Keating was a surprise that, if anticipated, might have turned out differently, a Pentagon spokesman said Thursday.
- Slain Navy SEAL took lessons from running track into combat Updated: May-04-16 7:04 pm
PHOENIX - In cross-country running, your team is only as fast as your slowest athlete. Slain Navy SEAL Charlie Keating IV took that to heart in his youth as a track star, turning around to cheer on his teammates after he crossed the finish line.
- Navy SEAL killed in Iraq was part of rescue team Updated: May-04-16 2:16 pm
WASHINGTON - A Navy SEAL killed during a firefight in Iraq was part of a quick reaction force that moved in to rescue U.S. military advisers from an Islamic State attack, the Pentagon said Wednesday. The attack triggered a massive coalition air response that destroyed equipment, buildings and killed up to 60 militants.
- The Latest: Mom: Son killed in Iraq proud to be Navy SEAL Updated: May-04-16 1:36 pm
PHOENIX - The Latest on a U.S. Navy SEAL killed in a firefight in Iraq (all times local):
- Coalition vows to build up further against Islamic State Updated: May-04-16 8:36 am
STUTTGART, Germany - An international coalition leading the military campaign against the Islamic State in Syria and Iraq agreed Wednesday to accelerate their contributions but did not publicly specify what those would be. The group also called on Iraqi leaders to reconcile political differences.
- US combat death in Iraq reflects intensifying war Updated: May-03-16 10:48 pm
STUTTGART, Germany - The combat death of a U.S. Navy SEAL who was advising Kurdish forces in Iraq coincides with a gradually deepening American role in fighting a resilient Islamic State, even as the Iraqis struggle to muster the military and political strength to defeat the militants.
- Montana State University cancels speech by bin Laden shooter Updated: Apr-13-16 2:17 pm
BOZEMAN, Montana - Montana State University has canceled a scheduled speech by the former Navy SEAL who says he killed Osama bin Laden.
- Ex-Navy SEAL who says he killed bin Laden charged with DUI Updated: Apr-08-16 7:36 pm
HELENA, Montana - The former Navy SEAL who says he fired the shots that killed Osama bin Laden was arrested Friday on a drunken driving charge after police found him asleep in a car parked at a convenience store in his Montana hometown.
- The Latest: Man who says he killed bin Laden denies DUI Updated: Apr-08-16 7:36 pm
HELENA, Montana - The Latest on the drunken-driving arrest of the former Navy SEAL who says he killed Osama bin Laden (all times local):