- Bruins opt to retain coach Julien for another season Updated: Apr-14-16 4:22 pm
BOSTON - The Bruins are sticking with coach Claude Julien for another season despite missing the playoffs two years in a row.
- Bruins head into uncertain offseason after missing playoffs Updated: Apr-11-16 5:25 pm
BOSTON - For the second straight season, the Boston Bruins missed qualifying for the Stanley Cup playoffs by the slimmest of margins and face an uncertain offseason.
- EXCHANGE: Illinois NHL official retires after 1,500 games Updated: Apr-11-16 9:25 am
CRYSTAL LAKE, Illinois - When the final horn sounded at the United Center on April 3, the Blackhawks and Bruins formed a long line at center ice. One by one, Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews and Zdeno Chara and Patrice Bergeron and the rest of the players from both teams took their turn shaking hands with the linesman, Andy McElman.
- Bruins collapse with playoffs on line, lose 6-1 to Senators Updated: Apr-09-16 6:20 pm
BOSTON - The Boston Bruins lost starting goalie Tuukka Rask 90 minutes before the faceoff, blew their regular-season finale midway through the game and said goodbye to the playoffs before the day was over.
- Red Wings still reach playoffs despite 3-2 loss to Rangers Updated: Apr-09-16 5:39 pm
NEW YORK - Despite ending the regular season with consecutive losses, the Detroit Red Wings found a way to extend their remarkable playoff streak.
- Bruins goalie Tuukka Rask misses crucial season finale Updated: Apr-09-16 1:51 pm
BOSTON - Boston Bruins goalie Tuukka Rask missed Saturday's regular-season finale against the Ottawa Senators as his team played for one of the final playoff spots in the Eastern Conference.
- Playoff-bound Wild can't hide recent slide or weak record Updated: Apr-08-16 6:39 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The Minnesota Wild will take the worst record into the playoffs by a Western Conference team in a full season since before the franchise existed.
- Bruins' playoffs hopes live on with 5-2 win over Red Wings Updated: Apr-07-16 11:14 pm
BOSTON - The Boston Bruins needed to play like a desperate team Thursday night in order to keep breath in their playoff hopes.
- Jake Gardiner scores in OT, Maple Leafs beat Flyers 4-3 Updated: Apr-07-16 10:59 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The Toronto Maple Leafs did their best to spoil Philadelphia's playoff chances until the final minute of regulation.
- Detroit shuts out Flyers 3-0 as playoff race winds down Updated: Apr-07-16 12:09 am
DETROIT - If the Detroit Red Wings make the playoffs for a 25th straight year, they can thank Jimmy Howard.
- Hurricanes beats Bruins 2-1 in SO to hurt B's playoff hopes Updated: Apr-05-16 11:20 pm
BOSTON - One point was better than none. It still wasn't enough for the Boston Bruins as they try to move into playoff position.
- Kane hat trick leads Blackhawks past Bruins 6-4 Updated: Apr-03-16 3:43 pm