- UW regents approve 10-year Under Armour contract Updated: Oct-09-15 4:01 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Under Armour will replace Adidas as the University of Wisconsin-Madison's exclusive athletic uniform and equipment supplier for the next decade beginning next summer under a multi-million contract that the UW System's Board of Regents approved Friday.
- Regents approve lifting UW-Madison out-of-state cap Updated: Oct-09-15 1:19 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The University of Wisconsin-Madison will be able to enroll an unlimited number of out-of-state undergraduates beginning next fall under a plan that the UW System Board of Regents approved Friday after the chancellor and system president vowed to more aggressively recruit top Wisconsin students to the flagship campus.
- Committee OKs lifting UW out-of-state student cap Updated: Oct-08-15 5:39 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A University of Wisconsin System committee approved a plan to lift UW-Madison's cap on out-of-state students Thursday after the campus' chancellor and system president insisted they need more freedom to attract fresh talent for Wisconsin employers.
- Police looking man who hit teen after Badgers game Updated: Oct-05-15 12:38 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - University of Wisconsin-Madison police say they're looking for a man who punched a teenage Hawkeye fan in the face following the Badger's loss Saturday at Camp Randall.
- Relative: Leon Varjian, known UW prankster, dies at 64 Updated: Sep-30-15 9:10 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Leon Varjian, who came to the University of Wisconsin-Madison in the 1970s to study in "the graduate school of fun" and ended up masterminding such famous pranks as the 1,000 plastic pink flamingoes on Bascom Hill and the Statue of Liberty head on frozen Lake Mendota, has died at age 64, a relative said.
- UW: Fetal cell line research key to biomedicine advances Updated: Sep-27-15 12:31 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - High in a laboratory overlooking Lake Mendota, University of Wisconsin-Madison neuroscientist Gail Robertson is looking for the next breakthrough in medical science. If Republican lawmakers will let her, that is.
- Things to know about Wisconsin GOP's fetal tissue ban bill Updated: Sep-22-15 4:24 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Republicans moved forward with a bill that would outlaw research on tissue from aborted fetuses, holding another public hearing on the measure Tuesday even though lawmakers have yet to announce a compromise that would win the votes to get the proposal through both the state Assembly and Senate. Here are things to know about the measure:
- Survey: 1 in 4 college women report unwanted sexual contact Updated: Sep-21-15 4:02 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Nearly a quarter of undergraduate women surveyed at more than two dozen universities say they experienced unwanted sexual contact sometime during college, according to a report released Monday.
- 1 in 4 UW-Madison female undergrads sexually assaulted Updated: Sep-21-15 12:40 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - One of every four female undergraduate students at the University of Wisconsin-Madison who responded to a survey last spring said they've been sexually assaulted.