- Jail time delayed for convicted Ohio judge Updated: May-20-16 11:30 pm
CINCINNATI - A suspended Ohio judge has been allowed a delay of her six-month jail sentence for her 2014 state court conviction for unlawful interest in a public contract as she asks a federal court to permanently release her.
- Ohio court upholds man's murder conviction in 1985 slaying Updated: May-19-16 10:53 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio Supreme Court has upheld the aggravated murder conviction of a man the court earlier ruled can't face the death penalty again when he is resentenced.
- Court blocks judge from ordering exotic animals back to farm Updated: May-18-16 3:49 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio Supreme Court says a county judge doesn't have jurisdiction to order the state to return five tigers and other exotic animals to a farm where they were seized two weeks ago.
- Ohio court: sex offender registration law not retroactive Updated: May-18-16 12:25 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio's Supreme Court says a 2008 law's procedure allowing sex offenders to stop registering with authorities if they committed certain sexual offenses after the law was implemented doesn't apply to offenders convicted under a previous law.
- Ohio high court: Man can seek damages from Cleveland Indians Updated: May-05-16 3:40 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio's high court says a New York man who was hit by a foul ball at a baseball game and blinded in one eye can seek damages from the Cleveland Indians.
- Ohio high court won't hear appeal over man's declawed bobcat Updated: May-05-16 12:23 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio Supreme Court has declined to hear an appeal in a legal fight over whether the owner of a 26-pound domesticated, declawed bobcat is subject to the state's tightened laws on owning dangerous wild animals.
- High court: Ohio can retroactively alter funding for schools Updated: May-04-16 3:34 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio can retroactively change funding for school districts and other political subdivisions, the state Supreme Court ruled on Wednesday.
- Court sides with ex-school board member in meetings case Updated: May-03-16 4:33 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio Supreme Court has ruled in favor of a former central Ohio school board member who says his colleagues violated state open meetings laws while exchanging emails.
- Court takes up tax on out-of-state companies' online sales Updated: May-03-16 2:14 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A likely appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court was on the minds of justices in Ohio on Tuesday as they contemplated how the state's primary business tax should apply to online sales.
- Appeals court: No jail credit for convicted rapist, murderer Updated: May-02-16 12:43 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - A court has rejected the appeal of a man convicted of murder and child rape in Ohio who sought credit for nearly 16 years of Kentucky jail time.
- Ohio high court faults law, orders teen's case reconsidered Updated: May-02-16 12:36 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio Supreme Court says a state law about electronically recording law enforcement interrogations is unconstitutional as it relates to minors.
- Ohio Supreme Court to hear arguments on police video case Updated: May-01-16 10:41 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio Supreme Court has agreed to hear oral arguments on June 14 over access to police body camera videos.