- Court: Mom can't see records of child's abuse investigation Updated: Aug-28-15 3:49 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio Supreme Court has blocked a mother's efforts to inspect children's services agency records regarding an abuse investigation focusing on her daughter.
- Backers of pot issue challenge ballot wording in Ohio court Updated: Aug-27-15 5:50 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Supporters of a plan to legalize marijuana in Ohio are challenging the proposal's ballot phrasing and title, arguing in a Thursday filing to the Ohio Supreme Court that certain words are inaccurate and intentionally misleading to voters.
- Court: Ohio man with dismissed charges can't get state funds Updated: Aug-26-15 4:21 pm
CLEVELAND - A man whose murder conviction was overturned and whose criminal record was expunged is not eligible to receive money from a state fund for the wrongfully imprisoned because prosecutors could retry his case someday, the Ohio Supreme Court ruled Wednesday.
- Fracking foes sue Ohio elections chief over ballot ruling Updated: Aug-20-15 7:10 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Residents in three Ohio counties contend in a lawsuit that Secretary of State Jon Husted violated their rights when he invalidated ballot proposals they offered that would have restricted development projects related to the gas-drilling technique known as fracking.
- Ohio Supreme Court to study courts' shackling of juveniles Updated: Aug-20-15 7:37 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - An Ohio Supreme Court committee plans to study and make recommendations about juvenile court policies on shackling youths during court proceedings.
- Veteran asks Ohio Supreme Court to let him keep ducks Updated: Aug-20-15 4:05 am
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ohio - A military veteran is asking the Ohio Supreme Court to decide if he can defy local law and keep pet ducks that he says help relieve his post-traumatic stress disorder and depression.
- Convicted former Lorain County judge gets law license back Updated: Aug-11-15 3:35 am
ELYRIA, Ohio - The Ohio Supreme Court has reinstated the law license of a former judge convicted on falsification and tampering with records charges.
- Board: Ohio judges can't choose marriage type they perform Updated: Aug-10-15 7:13 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Judges who perform marriages in Ohio can't refuse to marry same-sex couples on personal or moral grounds or because of religious beliefs, according to a state judicial conduct board.