- Hamburg voters to decide on 2024 Olympic bid Updated: Nov-26-15 1:33 pm
HAMBURG, Germany - Leaders of Hamburg's bid for the 2024 Olympics hope that a soccer scandal, unsettled costs and fear of attacks won't dissuade voters from backing the German port city's candidacy on Sunday.
- Hungary scolded for claiming European support for 2024 bid Updated: Nov-24-15 7:29 am
ROME - Europe's Olympic association scolded Hungary on Tuesday for claiming it has secured the backing of 16 European countries for Budapest's bid for the 2024 Games.
- Olympic qualifying draw sets up possible US-Canada final Updated: Nov-23-15 6:18 pm
The World Cup-champion U.S. women's national team will face Costa Rica to open the eight-team CONCACAF Olympic qualifying tournament in February.
- Los Angeles focus on vision, public support for Olympic bid Updated: Nov-20-15 5:15 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Leaders of Los Angeles' bid to host the 2024 Olympics took away two clear ideas from meetings at IOC headquarters on Friday.
- Paris 2024 Olympic bid takes rivals' goodwill to IOC meets Updated: Nov-19-15 3:48 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Leaders of Paris' bid to host the 2024 Olympics took goodwill messages from campaign rivals to meetings with the IOC on Thursday.
- Plan for 2024 Olympic village in Los Angeles on shaky ground Updated: Nov-18-15 6:06 pm
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles' proposed Olympic village might need a new address.
- Russia reveals thwarted 'hand cream' bombing before Sochi Updated: Nov-16-15 9:58 am
MOSCOW - A senior Russian official on Monday revealed the thwarting of a possible attack before the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, saying female suicide bombers had planned to smuggle explosives onto an aircraft in hand cream.
- IOC's Bach confident in Rio security after Paris attacks Updated: Nov-15-15 4:35 pm
LONDON - IOC President Thomas Bach expressed confidence Sunday in the ability of Brazilian authorities to protect next year's Olympics in Rio de Janeiro in the wake of the deadly terrorist attacks in Paris.
- 6 countries bidding to host Olympic basketball qualifiers Updated: Nov-13-15 12:02 am
Six countries are in the running to host the qualifying tournaments that will determine the last three spots in the Olympic basketball tournament.
- LA 2024 tabs Goldman Sachs executive Gene Sykes as CEO Updated: Nov-12-15 4:53 pm
The new CEO of the effort to bring the Olympics back to Los Angeles loves the idea so much, he's working for free.
- A look at the key doping allegations against Russia Updated: Nov-12-15 6:43 am
MOSCOW - Russia faces expulsion from the marquee track and field events at next year's Olympics after a World Anti-Doping Agency report accused it of operating a vast state-sponsored doping program.
- Magic Johnson joins Los Angeles 2024 Olympic bid team Updated: Nov-11-15 2:26 pm
LOS ANGELES - Hall of Famer and former Olympian Magic Johnson has been named vice chair of the group trying to lure the 2024 Olympic Games to Los Angeles.
- Radcliffe: Inquiry shows Olympic cheats they'll be caught Updated: Nov-09-15 8:38 pm
LONDON - Marathon record-holder Paula Radcliffe believes the devastating exposure of state-sponsored doping by Russia send a timely warning to athletes thinking of cheating at the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics that they will be caught.
- Q&A on the Russian doping scandal Updated: Nov-09-15 2:02 pm
GENEVA - The report that damned Russia's record on doping in athletics was even more damaging than expected.
- Things to know about doping in Russia Updated: Nov-06-15 4:27 am
MOSCOW - Allegations that Russian athletes have routinely doped their way to success in major competitions and tried to cover up positive drug tests have shaken the world of track and field.
- Former IAAF head investigated in Russia doping probe Updated: Nov-04-15 12:54 pm
PARIS - In another blow to the credibility of a major sports federation, former IAAF President Lamine Diack has been placed under criminal investigation on suspicion of taking more than $1 million in bribes from Russia to cover up positive doping tests.
- Bob Beamon collects 'outstanding Olympic performance' award Updated: Oct-30-15 1:52 am
WASHINGTON - Long jump great Bob Beamon has received a special Olympic award, almost half a century after he set a world record with a stunning jump at the 1968 Mexico City Games.