PORTSMOUTH, N.H. — Authorities in New Hampshire say first responders saved a stranger who overdosed in a woman’s bathroom.

Foster’s Daily Democrat reports police and firefighters responded to the Portsmouth home Tuesday morning. Authorities say they found an unresponsive 37-year-old man who was suffering from what they believed was a drug overdose.

The opioid-overdose antidote naloxone was administered and the man became responsive. He was taken to Portsmouth Regional Hospital.

Police aren’t sure how the man entered the woman’s bathroom. An investigation continues.


Information from: Foster’s Daily Democrat, http://www.fosters.com

Author photo
The AP is one of the largest and most trusted sources of independent newsgathering. AP is neither privately owned nor government-funded; instead, as a not-for-profit news cooperative owned by its American newspaper and broadcast members, it can maintain its single-minded focus on newsgathering and its commitment to the highest standards of objective, accurate journalism.