MADISON, Wis. — A University of Wisconsin-Madison student was burned when her clothing caught fire while she was cooking in a dormitory kitchen.
Authorities say the female student told fire crews that the bottom flap of her flannel shirt must have come in contact with the electric coil of a stove while she was boiling water Sunday afternoon.
She doused the flames before firefighters arrived. She was evaluated by paramedics and taken to a hospital by campus police. WISC-TV reported she was listed in stable condition.