WATFORD CITY, N.D. — Several people were treated for breathing problems after a weekend incident at a Watford City hotel pool.

The incident happened Saturday morning at the Little Missouri Inn and Suites. Children in the pool began complaining of breathing problems, and the hotel alerted authorities.

It wasn’t immediately clear if the fumes were carbon monoxide or carbon dioxide. The hotel in a statement to the Minot Daily News said the incident was caused by a malfunction in the pool mechanic room ventilation system.

Author photo
The AP is one of the largest and most trusted sources of independent newsgathering. AP is neither privately owned nor government-funded; instead, as a not-for-profit news cooperative owned by its American newspaper and broadcast members, it can maintain its single-minded focus on newsgathering and its commitment to the highest standards of objective, accurate journalism.