A local fire department gave out awards for recognizing years of service, the best cadet, best retiree and other awards.
The Greenwood Fire Department conducted their annual awards banquet earlier this month.
Awards went to:
- Five years of service: Evan Cissell, Jacob Harshey, Nicholas Beamon, Matthew Stumpo and Matthew Gates.
- 10 years of service: Daniel Wingham.
- 15 years of service: Eric Roll, Nicholas Roll and Joshua Meadows.
- 20 years of service: Craig Hall and Nathaniel Ridge.
- 25 years of service: Robert Anderson.
- Awards of Appreciation: Rob Irwin, Greenwood Community High School athletic department and city of Greenwood street department.
- Cadet Award: Conner Terhune
- Retiree Award: Charles Hagedon
- Honor Guard Award: Jordan Shaffer
- Dive Team Award: Rob Stecher
- Haz-Mat Team Award: Eric Gamble
- Medic Crew of the Year: Michael Mitchell / Arielle Fidler
- EMT of the Year: Brennen Fox
- Paramedic of the Year: Gabe Neuman
- Station Firefighter of the Year: Station 91, Ryan Cox; Station 92, Tony Garcia; Station 93, Matt Stumpo and Station 94, Chris Harris.
- Rookie of the Year (probationary firefighter): Logan Chaszar
- Firefighter of the Year: Ryan Cox
- Company Officer of the Year: Capt. Todd Brooks
- Administrative Officer of the Year: Lt. Cody Barber
- Mayor’s Award: Mike Venne
- Chief’s Award: Lt. Brandon Nicoloff
- Van Valer Service Award: Lt. Nat Ridge