HOLMDEL, N.J. — Authorities say a toaster oven sparked a fire in a New Jersey hospital that prompted the transfer of some patients.

The Asbury Park Press reports that no injuries to staff or patients were reported after Sunday’s blaze at Bayshore Community Hospital.

Spokeswoman April Dunic said the fire started in a toaster oven inside the break room of the intensive care unit.

Dunic said damage from the fire was “very limited” but water from sprinkler system damaged some parts of the hospital.

As a result, she said, several patients were relocated to different parts of the hospital and six patients were transferred to Riverview Medical Center.

She said the hospital expects to resume normal operations soon.

Information from: Asbury Park (N.J.) Press, http://www.app.com

Author photo
The AP is one of the largest and most trusted sources of independent newsgathering. AP is neither privately owned nor government-funded; instead, as a not-for-profit news cooperative owned by its American newspaper and broadcast members, it can maintain its single-minded focus on newsgathering and its commitment to the highest standards of objective, accurate journalism.