LE MARS, Iowa — Authorities say a man whose body was found in his northwest Iowa home died of a methamphetamine overdose.

A state autopsy report says the death of 57-year-old John Koley was caused by “accidental acute drug intoxication.”

Officials say Koley had been dead for several days in his Le Mars home before his body was found by his son on Dec. 13.

Author photo
The AP is one of the largest and most trusted sources of independent newsgathering. AP is neither privately owned nor government-funded; instead, as a not-for-profit news cooperative owned by its American newspaper and broadcast members, it can maintain its single-minded focus on newsgathering and its commitment to the highest standards of objective, accurate journalism.