MITCHELL, S.D. — A carbon monoxide leak inside a tattoo shop prompted the temporary closure of a portion of Mitchell’s Main Street.

The Daily Republic reports that emergency responders and officials with NorthWestern Energy responded to Hardcore Inc. shortly before 4:30 p.m. Tuesday.

Fire Department Battalion Chief Steve Nedved says an unvented water heater in the building’s basement caused carbon monoxide to get sucked into a furnace.

Carbon monoxide is a potentially deadly gas. No one was inside the building at the time and no injuries were reported.


Information from: The Daily Republic, http://www.mitchellrepublic.com

Author photo
The AP is one of the largest and most trusted sources of independent newsgathering. AP is neither privately owned nor government-funded; instead, as a not-for-profit news cooperative owned by its American newspaper and broadcast members, it can maintain its single-minded focus on newsgathering and its commitment to the highest standards of objective, accurate journalism.