ST. GEORGE, Utah — A Christmas Eve fire has claimed the life of a bedridden woman in southwest Utah.
Santa Clara Fire Chief Dan Nelson says a family member who tried to rescue the elderly woman has been hospitalized with burn injuries at a hospital in St. George.
Police responded to the blaze at a home in Ivins at about 7 p.m. Sunday.
Fire crews from St. George helped battle the blaze but investigators say the home was a total loss. They believe the fire began in a bedroom but they haven’t determined the cause.
No names have been released. An investigation is continuing.