SPARKS, Nev. — The residents of 10 apartments in Sparks have been evacuated after a maintenance crew sparked a fire at a complex on the edge of Reno.
KTVN-TV reports the fire broke out at about noon Tuesday at the Lansdowne House apartments on Sullivan Lane.
Investigators say crews were welding inside an apartment when the fire started.
No one was hurt.
The surrounding apartments were evacuated as a precaution.
The Red Cross is helping the affected residents.
Information from: KTVN-TV, http://www.ktvn.com