The city of Greenwood is seeking residents to serve on local boards.
Seven city boards have a total of 11 positions open. Greenwood Mayor Mark Myers will appoint people those to spots next year. Applications are due Dec. 20 and can be filled out at greenwood.in.gov/government. All applicants must live in the Greenwood city limits and be at least 18 years old.
The available positions are:
- Board of Aviation (one board member, four-year term).
- Board of Zoning Appeals (two board members, four-year terms). One applicant must be serving on the plan commission, one must not be on the plan commission.
- Greenwood Community Development Corp. (one board member, one-year term).
- Economic Development Commission (two board members, four-year terms).
- Parks Department (one board member, four-year term) Interest in and knowledge of parks and recreation required. No more than two members may be affiliated with the same political party.
- Plan Commission (one board member, four-year term). Required to be a Democrat.
- Redevelopment Commission (three board members, one-year term).