HALIFAX, Vt. — Fire officials in Vermont say a stove may have sparked the blaze that damaged a home.

The Brattleboro Reformer reports crews from multiple towns responded to the Halifax home Monday afternoon. Firefighters were able to contain the fire.

Authorities say the home’s interior was damaged. No injuries have been reported.

Halifax Fire Chief Wayne Courser says he believes a pellet stove caused the fire. Courser says the fire wasn’t suspicious.

Information from: Brattleboro Reformer, http://www.reformer.com/

Author photo
The AP is one of the largest and most trusted sources of independent newsgathering. AP is neither privately owned nor government-funded; instead, as a not-for-profit news cooperative owned by its American newspaper and broadcast members, it can maintain its single-minded focus on newsgathering and its commitment to the highest standards of objective, accurate journalism.