MANCHESTER, N.H. — Three people have been injured in a fire that destroyed an apartment building in Manchester, New Hampshire.

WMUR-TV reports that six families were forced out of their homes on Thanksgiving night.

One resident was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries and two firefighters received minor injuries.

Four dogs and a rabbit were rescued from the complex.

Authorities believe the fire was accidental and started by carelessly disposed of smoking materials.

Information from: WMUR-TV,

Author photo
The AP is one of the largest and most trusted sources of independent newsgathering. AP is neither privately owned nor government-funded; instead, as a not-for-profit news cooperative owned by its American newspaper and broadcast members, it can maintain its single-minded focus on newsgathering and its commitment to the highest standards of objective, accurate journalism.