FARGO, N.D. — No one was hurt in a Thanksgiving Day fire at a Fargo apartment building.

Firefighters responded to the blaze shortly before 7 p.m. Residents had already evacuated.

The fire in a second-floor apartment kitchen and laundry area was put out, and fire crews ventilated smoke from the building before allowing residents to return to their homes.

The cause of the fire wasn’t immediately determined.

Author photo
The AP is one of the largest and most trusted sources of independent newsgathering. AP is neither privately owned nor government-funded; instead, as a not-for-profit news cooperative owned by its American newspaper and broadcast members, it can maintain its single-minded focus on newsgathering and its commitment to the highest standards of objective, accurate journalism.