RENO, Nev. — A former casino food and beverage executive who helped serve more than a million meals to Reno’s homeless over the past 25 years has died.
The Reno Gazette-Journal reports Ray Trevino died on Monday after being hospitalized last week. The ex-owner of five restaurants was 74.
Trevino started as a volunteer 25 years ago but quickly became the dining room director at the St. Vincent Dining Room in downtown Reno run by Catholic Charities of Northern Nevada.
Catholic Charities CEO Peter Vogel says Vincent “touched the lives of many and provided hope to those who needed it most.”
Matt Vaughan, the organization’s marketing director, says they plan to hang his picture in the dining room where 150,000 meals were served last year. Over 25 years, he says Vincent was the man behind millions of meals.
Information from: Reno Gazette-Journal, http://www.rgj.com