OMAHA, Neb. — A man arrested last week in the armed home invasion robbery and rape of a woman just southwest of Omaha will remain behind bars.

The Omaha World-Herald reports that 52-year-old Stephen Prior made his first appearance in Sarpy County Court, where charges of first-degree sexual assault, burglary, robbery, false imprisonment and a gun count were levied. A judge ordered him held without bond.

Prior’s arrest followed a woman reporting being attacked in her home just southwest of Omaha late the night of Oct. 18. The woman told police a masked man entered her house and raped her at gunpoint before leaving with money.

Sarpy County Public Defender Tom Strigenz says he anticipates Prior entering a not guilty plea when he’s arraigned at a later date.


Information from: Omaha World-Herald, http://www.omaha.com

Author photo
The AP is one of the largest and most trusted sources of independent newsgathering. AP is neither privately owned nor government-funded; instead, as a not-for-profit news cooperative owned by its American newspaper and broadcast members, it can maintain its single-minded focus on newsgathering and its commitment to the highest standards of objective, accurate journalism.