BILLINGS, Mont. — Authorities have identified the Montana woman who was killed in a house fire on Tuesday.
The Gazette reports that the Billings Fire Department identified the victim as 55-year-old Teresa Fischer. She died from carbon monoxide poisoning and smoke inhalation.
Fire officials say the fire was accidental, caused by a gas-fueled hot water heater.
Police Sgt. Riley Finnegan says no foul play is suspected.
Family members contacted police for a welfare check after Fischer didn’t show up to a lunch date with friends.
Fischer and three cats were then found dead inside the house.
Information from: The Billings Gazette, http://www.billingsgazette.com