SKOWHEGAN, Maine — Firefighters say a fire at the woodyard of a paper mill in Skowhegan has been brought under control.

The Morning Sentinel reports the Skowhegan Fire Department was called to the scene at the Sappi paper mill on Thursday morning. The Somerset County dispatch center said the department was responding to the woodyard at the Route 201 paper mill.

The fire department says the fire started as a grease fire and did not damage the building.

Author photo
The AP is one of the largest and most trusted sources of independent newsgathering. AP is neither privately owned nor government-funded; instead, as a not-for-profit news cooperative owned by its American newspaper and broadcast members, it can maintain its single-minded focus on newsgathering and its commitment to the highest standards of objective, accurate journalism.