Marian freshman tennis player Noah Roberts, a Franklin graduate, raised his dual meet record at No. 3 singles to 9-1 with wins against St. Francis (6-0, 6-0), Spring Arbor (7-5, 7-5) and Grace in the first round of the Crossroads league tournament (6-1, 6-1).
Marian (9-2) defeated St. Francis 9-0, Spring Arbor 7-2 and Grace 5-4. Roberts, whose No. 2 doubles record is 7-4, won 8-1 in that spot against St. Francis and 8-4 against Grace, and lost 8-4 to Spring Arbor.
- The Georgia State volleyball team (8-9) lost 3-1 to South Alabama and 3-2 to Troy. Morgan Hash had seven kills in 36 attempts, five digs, one assist, one block and a service ace in the two matches.
- The Evansville volleyball team (6-10, 0-4 MVC) lost 3-2 to Southern Illinois and 3-0 to Missouri State. Addie Payne had one kill in 20 attempts, three digs and two blocks in the two matches.
- The Franklin College volleyball team (10-6) lost 3-2 to Defiance. Abigail Sewell had three kills in 18 attempts, one assist, one dig and two blocks.
- The Huntington women’s cross-country team placed 30th of 38 teams at the 5K Greater Louisville Classic silver race. Bianca Tisdale was second for the Foresters and 128th of 269 overall in 21:30.02.
- The Franklin College cross-country teams competed at the Greater Louisville Classic silver races for non-Division I schools. J.T. Sargent was fifth for the Grizzlies and 205th of 305 runners in 29:48.39 in the men’s 8K race. Casey Tranter was seventh for Franklin and 221st of 269 overall in 23:33.97 in the women’s 5K event.
- The Marian men’s soccer team (3-5) lost 2-0 to Mt. Vernon Nazarene. Patrick Palmer took one shot on goal for the Knights.
- The Franklin College men’s golf team placed 12th of 20 teams at the Hopkins Fall Classic at Decatur, Illinois. Jacob Hash was fourth for Franklin and 85th of 113 overall with scores of 81-84-165.
- The Franklin women’s golf team was second of three teams at the Franklin Lady Grizzly Fall Invitational. Hannah White was second for the Grizzlies and seventh of 27 overall with scores of 93-93-186.
- Jake Zakery lost 6-2, 3-6, 10-3 at No. 5 singles for the Franklin College’s men’s tennis team in a 6-3 defeat of Manchester.
Story continues below gallery
- Dylan Rosado scored his first collegiate touchdown on an 80-yard run for the 3-2 Quincy football team’s first score in a 31-17 win against Robert Morris. The freshman had four carries for 86 yards, returned a kickoff 5 yards, and caught a pass for no gain.
- Kole Stogner rushed for 29 yards on four attempts, caught one pass for a 2-yard gain, and returned three kickoffs for a total of 47 yards for the Franklin College football team (3-2, 3-0) in a 69-19 defeat of Manchester.
- The Hanover football team (1-4, 1-2) lost 35-20 to Mount St. Joseph. Starting wide receiver Jackson Daugherty caught five passes for 13 yards for the Panthers.
- Griffin Oakes was successful on each of his two extra-point tries and kicked off three times with one touchback for the Indiana football team (2-2, 0-2) in a 45-14 loss to Penn State.
- Taylor’s Garrett Henderson finished 257th of 305 runners at the Greater Louisville Classic’s 8K silver race for non-D-I schools with a time of 31:16.20. Franklin College’s Krista Robinson was first for the Grizzlies and 30th of 269 overall in 20:05.19 in the 5K silver race for women.
- The Point Park volleyball team (13-9, 3-3) defeated Midway 3-0 and lost 3-2 to Asbury. Morgan Dangelo had 25 digs, two assists and two service aces in the two matches.
- Lewis golfer Hannah Gross competed as an individual in the Lewis Flyer Intercollegiate and finished 23rd of 31 competitors with scores of 91-99-190.
- Franklin College’s Alex Hammer won 6-1, 6-0 at No. 1 singles and 8-3 at No. 1 doubles in a 6-3 men’s tennis defeat of Manchester.
- Dayton’s Jade Kawamoto competed in both singles and doubles at the Wright State Raider Invitational. The senior won one of three matches in each event.
- Nick Ratti had three solo tackles and forced a fumble for the Franklin College football team (3-2, 3-0) in a 69-19 win against Manchester. Teammate Logan Mullinix had two solo tackles.
- The Taylor men’s tennis team lost 5-4 to Cedarville and 7-2 to Indiana Tech. Jacob Scott won 8-0 at No. 3 doubles against Cedarville and lost 8-0 to Indiana Tech.
- IU-Southeast tennis player Sam Venter lost 7-6, 7-6 at No. 3 singles in a 6-3 win against Hanover and 6-3, 6-3 at No. 4 in a 7-2 loss to Judson. The sophomore won 9-8 at No. 3 doubles in the Judson match.
- Jared Williams was fourth for Indiana Wesleyan and 60th of 189 overall in 26:44.47 at the Greater Louisville Classic 8K blue race. Gabe O’Keefe was seventh for Fort Wayne and ninth of 19 runners in 27:38.59 in the three team 8K silver race.
- There were two women’s cross country races at the Joe Piane Invitational at Notre Dame, the main race for the top runners from each school and the second-tier open race. Indiana State’s Danielle Muse was fourth for the Sycamores and 39th of 46 in the 5K open race with a time of 20:07.2.
- Starting cornerback Russ Yeast had three solo tackles, including one for loss, and returned five punts 24 yards for the Louisville football team (4-1, 1-1) in a 55-10 defeat of Murray State.
- Jovan Swann assisted on two tackles for the Stanford football team (3-2, 2-1) in a 34-24 defeat of Arizona State.
- Alex Woods started at left tackle and Austin Smogor at right guard for the St. Francis football team (5-0) in a 31-24 win against Marian.
- Starting tight end Nate Wozniak caught two passes for 29 yards for Minnesota (3-1, 0-1) in a 31-24 football loss to Maryland.
- Starting linebacker Alex Aukerman had five solo tackles, including a sack, and broke up a pass for the Army football team (3-2) in a 35-21 win against Texas-El Paso.
- Samm Hayes started on the offensive line at left tackle, and Joey Siderewicz caught three passes for 34 yards for the Franklin College football team (3-2, 3-0) in a 69-19 defeat of Manchester.
- Cameron Tidd had one solo tackle for the Vanderbilt football team (3-2) in a 38-24 loss to Florida.
- Max Norris rushed four times for 19 yards for the Western Illinois football team (3-1) in a 38-33 loss to South Dakota.
- The undefeated University of Indianapolis football team (5-0), starting three Trojan graduates, defeated Truman 34-19. Starting defensive end Dillon Dallas had three solo tackles, assisted on three others, and had one quarterback hurry. Jordan Bedan and Clay Hadley continued to start on the offensive line.
- Competing as an individual at the Butler Fall Invitational, Butler golfer Zack Carrabine placed 12th of 51 with scores of 72-75-74-221. Indianapolis’ Chris Heck also played as an individual and finished with scores of 82-81-77-240, good for 46th place. IUPUI finished fourth in the seven team field, and Austin Crowder was fifth for the Jaguars and 26th overall with scores of 76-77-75-228.
- Franklin College golfer Jackson Williams was second for the 12th place Grizzlies and 46th of 112 overall with scores of 76-80-156 at the 20 team Hopkins Collegiate at Millikin University.
- Hanover’s Cassie Hendrickson, playing as an individual, placed ninth of 27 golfers at the three team Franklin Lady Grizzly Fall Invitational with scores of 94-94-188.
- The Grace women’s golf team placed seventh at the 13 team St. Francis Cougar Fall Invitational. Sydney Abbott was second for Grace and 19th of 80 competitors with scores of 83-79-162.
- Taylor’s Raquel Helton played as an individual and placed 61st with scores of 87-91-178.
- The Ohio State volleyball team (9-6, 2-2) lost 3-1 to Michigan and 3-0 to Michigan State. Madison Smeathers had 17 kills in 37 attempts, five blocks, four digs and an assist in the two losses.
- The Middle Tennessee volleyball team (4-14, 0-4) lost by 3-0 scores to both Rice and Western Kentucky. Taylor Hammill had 52 assists, two kills in 10 attempts, eight digs, two blocks and a service ace in the two matches.
- The Denver volleyball team (11-4, 2-1) lost 3-1 to North Dakota State and won 3-0 against South Dakota State. Macy Carrabine had eight digs, one assist, and one service ace in four sets in the two matches.
- The Illinois State volleyball team (9-9, 2-3) lost 3-2 to Drake and 3-1 to Northern Iowa. Ali Line had 14 kills in 47 attempts, two blocks, and one dig in the two losses.
- The Evansville men’s swimming and diving team competed in a relays-only dual meet with Southern Illinois, won by SIU. The Aces’ Dan O’Brien was a member of two winning teams, the backstroke relay and the mixed 200-meter medley.
- The Drake men’s soccer team (3-8, 0-3) lost 3-1 to Central Arkansas and 1-0 to Bradley. Gabe Edel took three shots, two on goal, in the two matches.
- The Stetson men’s soccer team (5-4) defeated Lipscomb 2-1 and South Carolina-Upstate 2-0. Brock Exline played as a sub against Lipscomb but started against Upstate and took two shots, one on goal.
- Nicole Jansen started for the Marian women’s soccer team (8-2) in a 1-0 defeat of Bethel and took one shot on goal.
- Taylor’s Katelyn Gray won 6-3, 6-1 at No. 5 singles in a 9-0 win against Cedarville.
- Alexa Kovacs was fourth for Rose-Hulman and 41st of 103 runners at the 6K H.W. Wright–Millikin Classic with a time of 24:55.59.
- Indianapolis’ Casey Wendorff was third for the Greyhounds and 55th of 103 overall in 27:06.24 at the 8K Greater Louisville Classic blue race for non-D-I schools. Teammate Adam Russell was sixth for Indianapolis and 72nd overall in 27:35.05. Marian’s Rachel Dever was fourth for the Knights and 51st of 171 overall in 19:42.22 in the 5K women’s blue race for non-D-I schools.
- Allie Dalton placed ninth for Malone and 162nd of 343 runners in 24:27.8 at the 6K All Ohio Cross Country Championships. Malone finished second among non-D-I schools.
- The Campbellsville swimmers and divers lost to Centre in a dual meet. Lauren Dalton won the 200-meter short course IM event in 2:41.95, was second of six in the 100 short course backstroke in 1:14.61, and competed in two relay events. Campbellsville also competed at the six-team Lindsey Wilson Fall Frenzy. Dalton won the 200 backstroke in a field of 12 swimmers (2:17.33) and had one third and three fourths in other events.
- Elliott Parmer played for the Franklin College football team (3-2, 3-0) in a 69-19 win against Manchester.
- Dakota Sneed started at center for the Butler football team (2-3) in a 27-16 loss to Drake.
- The Cincinnati Christian volleyball team (5-11) lost 3-0 to IU-Southeast, 3-1 to Earlham and 3-1 to IU-East, and defeated Ohio Christian 3-0. Brianna Howard played in all 14 sets in the four matches and had 60 digs, five assists, one service ace and three kills in 15 attempts.
- James Starks had one solo tackle for the Trine football team (4-0) in a 44-7 win against Concordia (Illinois).
- Brenden Smith had two solo tackles and assisted on four others for the Marian football team (2-2) in a 31-24 football loss to defending NAIA national champion St. Francis.
- The IU-East women’s golf team won the seven-team Earlham Fall Invitational. Hannah Johnson was second for East and second of 40 overall with scores of 87-86-173.
- The Anderson volleyball team (6-12, 0-2) lost 3-0 to both St. Mary-of-the-Woods and Mount St. Joseph. Lucy Kiewig played in four sets in the two matches and had nine digs.
- The Evansville cross country teams ran in the Greater Louisville Classic. The men placed 11th of 11 teams in the 8K blue race. Tucker Dawson placed 74th of 78 runners in 29:40.79, a personal record by almost one minute. Izzy Dawson was fourth for ninth-place Evansville and 53rd of 66 overall in the nine-team 5K blue women’s race in 20:34.61.