BURLINGTON, Vt. — Officials have determined the cause of a gas leak at a University of Vermont engineering building that was evacuated.

The building, Votey Hall, was evacuated Wednesday afternoon and remained closed throughout the night after reports of a gas leak. The Burlington Free Press reports (http://bfpne.ws/2gbY1aP ) officials later identified the cause of the gas leak as a malfunctioning boiler.

According to a university spokesman, no one was injured in the incident.

Votey Hall is home to the College of Engineering and Mathematics at UVM and was built in 1962.


Information from: The Burlington Free Press, http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com

Author photo
The AP is one of the largest and most trusted sources of independent newsgathering. AP is neither privately owned nor government-funded; instead, as a not-for-profit news cooperative owned by its American newspaper and broadcast members, it can maintain its single-minded focus on newsgathering and its commitment to the highest standards of objective, accurate journalism.