BARBOURSVILLE, W.Va. — A fire official says seven people have been taken to a hospital after a suspected gas leak at a West Virginia restaurant.

Media outlets report the incident happened Monday at a Buffalo Wild Wings outside the Huntington Mall.

Barboursville Fire Chief John Hockenberry says seven people were taken to a hospital as a precaution.

Mall owner Cafaro Co. spokesman Joe Bell says a general manager noticed an odd smell before the restaurant opened.

The exact source of the leak wasn’t immediately determined. Bell says an inspection of the restaurant’s equipment is planned.

Author photo
The AP is one of the largest and most trusted sources of independent newsgathering. AP is neither privately owned nor government-funded; instead, as a not-for-profit news cooperative owned by its American newspaper and broadcast members, it can maintain its single-minded focus on newsgathering and its commitment to the highest standards of objective, accurate journalism.